Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I think you should keep trying. I've done that with many girls where things didn't end very well initially.

She'll come around and it'll most likely be worth it.

Also, you'll note that most of this forum says not to do it, which is a sign that you absolutely must do it for success.
She'll come around if she wants to, not because he pesters her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Um, dude, I believe you were one of the people telling me to back off of my FWB when I ended things with him. I did. A couple months after the breakup, I sent an exploratory "hey how are you?" type of text, asking him if he wanted some supplements I had ordered for his dog. He responded without enthusiasm and I let it go entirely. If she's not talking to you stay away for a long time. Make one more contact. And then let it be.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM

272 posts, read 620,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My girlfriend recently moved away, and I had no intention of doing a long distance relationship. She wanted to stay together with me and do long distance, and was pretty upset when I said no. She had no intentions of moving back and I had no intention of moving any time soon or being in that sort of position.

I did however like her a lot, and have a great time with her. I want to stay in contact with her, but right now she won't talk to me. Is this something I should just cut off contact until she talks to me, or should I put an effort into talking to her?
1. When the relationship is over, leave it be. Do you want to hear about the various men she's dating and banging?

2. She's upset now, but it's almost guaranteed the relationship would end later because of loneliness, someone cheating, etc.

3. It's over. Leave it be. She's probably already swapping saliva with some new guy.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
1. When the relationship is over, leave it be. Do you want to hear about the various men she's dating and banging?

2. She's upset now, but it's almost guaranteed the relationship would end later because of loneliness, someone cheating, etc.

3. It's over. Leave it be. She's probably already swapping saliva with some new guy.
This individual sounds a bit...jaded.

I'd consider that when considering his/her advice

Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This individual sounds a bit...jaded.

I'd consider that when considering his/her advice

hahaha, yeah I wasn't taking that one too seriously.

I gave it one little attempt to talk to her with a message and she wasn't having it. I'll just sit back and wait for her to talk, and if not.. oh well.

I think it's kind of crappy, but in the end.. that's life.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post

This is exactly why he SHOULD keep in contact with her.

Let me school ya for a second, partner.

When a girl gets dumped, she goes into her lonely phase and needs to have guys around. So she bangs everyone. Then OP calls her, gets things poppin. OP is Burgler so he's a pimp and he'll have another girl in his bed already. It's threesome central all the way baby!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
This is exactly why he SHOULD keep in contact with her.

Let me school ya for a second, partner.

When a girl gets dumped, she goes into her lonely phase and needs to have guys around. So she bangs everyone. Then OP calls her, gets things poppin. OP is Burgler so he's a pimp and he'll have another girl in his bed already. It's threesome central all the way baby!

Yeah, I was hoping to keep in contact with her because I wouldn't mind being able to hook up with her later when I see her again. Plus, she's a really good girl and someone I would want to keep my options open to in the future if I ever do get a chance to see her again. I don't think she'll be out bangin other dudes, and even if she is.. I won't know about it or ask about it. Who am I to judge? I'm already lookin myself.

There was a Mexican honey that I met here in Michigan before I moved away so I'll be meeting up with her pretty soon. She's already texting me as soon as she found out I was here in town.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
I've been in an LDR over a year and a half, so I need to say a few things.

1. LDR's are extremely difficult to maintain even when the couple is completely functional and happy, establishing a friendly connection after a breakup via distance will be even harder and makes no sense.
2. Do not try and talk to an ex who you are not willing to engage in an LDR with. It makes her miss home even more, and makes the break even worse.

If you can't commit to her (and you have decided not to), cut it off. Completely.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My girlfriend recently moved away, and I had no intention of doing a long distance relationship. She wanted to stay together with me and do long distance, and was pretty upset when I said no. She had no intentions of moving back and I had no intention of moving any time soon or being in that sort of position.

I did however like her a lot, and have a great time with her. I want to stay in contact with her, but right now she won't talk to me. Is this something I should just cut off contact until she talks to me, or should I put an effort into talking to her?
What's the point of keeping in contact with her? If it's over, it's over and your next girlfriend might have a problem with you keeping in contact with an ex.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What's the point of keeping in contact with her? If it's over, it's over and your next girlfriend might have a problem with you keeping in contact with an ex.

Because it was a good relationship and I liked this girl quite a bit. Plus, I am not looking to be in a relationship any time soon... I need time for myself, then time to date casually again. I probably won't have another girlfriend for a while.

The only reason it's over is because of distance.. not because we didn't get along or because one of us did something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships