Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times

Advertisements

Men its important that when you meet women online i.e dating sites, facebook, twitter that you try to set up a face to face meeting as soon as possible. That way you can see what they really look like, guage each other personalities and to see if your even compatible with each other. This also applies to women that you've met in person like bars, clubs, malls etc. If you get their number to try to set up a quick meeting asap.

I've known guys who have talked to women for months without ever seeing them in person. If your looking for a pen pal then that's ok but if youre looking for a date then ask them out. A lot of women are teases who already are in a realtionship so they just get online for some attention. You want to weed them out? The quickest way is try to get them to meet you in person. Most attention whores wont they'll keep coming up with excuses not to meet.

Here is how to get a woman online (who already has some interest in you). If youre getting in a full fledged conversation online then simply ask her to exchange numbers so you can continue the conversation, dont accept emails, facebook, twitter handles etc. If she gives you the number then continue your conversation over text message. If that goes we'll then call her to set up a face to face meeting. Dont wait too long or you might the guy that she emails saying that she's found someone else.

Now if she cops out on you or flakes out then eliminate them asap and continue on your quest. Let these women know that you dont have time for games.

Opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times
I don't like giving my number out to people right away. I'd rather chat online a couple of times first. Creeps can get waaaay too much info from your cell number and/or bombard you with texts so it's good to kind of gauge whether or not they're a nutbag before you go handing out your number.

And even sometimes that approach fails. I had this one guy who seemed alright, so after chatting a few times I gave him my number and he completely blew up my phone within minutes. I don't always carry my cell with me, and I don't really text a whole lot but when I checked it about an hour after giving him my number, he was having a conniption because I hadn't replied. Seriously? SLOW.YOUR.ROLL.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Men its important that when you meet women online i.e dating sites, facebook, twitter that you try to set up a face to face meeting as soon as possible. That way you can see what they really look like, guage each other personalities and to see if your even compatible with each other. This also applies to women that you've met in person like bars, clubs, malls etc. If you get their number to try to set up a quick meeting asap.

I've known guys who have talked to women for months without ever seeing them in person. If your looking for a pen pal then that's ok but if youre looking for a date then ask them out. A lot of women are teases who already are in a realtionship so they just get online for some attention. You want to weed them out? The quickest way is try to get them to meet you in person. Most attention whores wont they'll keep coming up with excuses not to meet.

Here is how to get a woman online (who already has some interest in you). If youre getting in a full fledged conversation online then simply ask her to exchange numbers so you can continue the conversation, dont accept emails, facebook, twitter handles etc. If she gives you the number then continue your conversation over text message. If that goes we'll then call her to set up a face to face meeting. Dont wait too long or you might the guy that she emails saying that she's found someone else.

Now if she cops out on you or flakes out then eliminate them asap and continue on your quest. Let these women know that you dont have time for games.

Opinion?
This is right most of the time.

The only reason I can think of not to meet a girl in person ASAP is distance. If the girl lives far and you're into her, you might have to wait a little while to meet.

However, make sure you get the girl's Facebook and/or phone number (and call her, not text) just to make sure that she's even actually a real girl. If you meet a girl online and she asks for your Skype, ditch her ASAP. She's most likely a Nigerian con artist.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
The exact same thing can be said to women. The behaviors you describe go both ways.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
The exact same thing can be said to women. The behaviors you describe go both ways.

You beat me to it. Why is it always men who have to guard themselves from a deceptive female? Guys can be just as shady (even more so).

Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I don't like giving my number out to people right away. I'd rather chat online a couple of times first. Creeps can get waaaay too much info from your cell number and/or bombard you with texts so it's good to kind of gauge whether or not they're a nutbag before you go handing out your number.

And even sometimes that approach fails. I had this one guy who seemed alright, so after chatting a few times I gave him my number and he completely blew up my phone within minutes. I don't always carry my cell with me, and I don't really text a whole lot but when I checked it about an hour after giving him my number, he was having a conniption because I hadn't replied. Seriously? SLOW.YOUR.ROLL.
That's why I'm very hesitant about giving out my phone number. I don't think men understand why a woman is more likely to give out her email or facebook quicker than she'll give out a phone number. We have to protect ourselves. I'm not trying to say that men don't get their fair share of creeps, but I highly doubt the average man sees such vitrol and abuse in their inboxes from women who demand "proof" of their existence.

Even when meeting up with online friends, I prefer to message them for a few weeks via email before moving onto phone numbers. I've been very lucky so far in that every person I've met online (3 or 4) has turned out to be legit, but still, I prefer to be err on the side of caution and save my phone number until I am completely and uttely sure that I want to form a closer relationship with you.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:17 PM

180 posts, read 479,461 times
I understand what you are trying to convey but as a female who has met dates via online dating or Facebook, I always utilize IM or email first to get a feel for the guy and to get a dialogue started. IF that goes well, I'll exchange numbers and text/talk to make sure I feel comfortable meeting him. It's not a game, it's being safe.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,186 times
I don't know about phone numbers...that seems like somethng I would only give out AFTER I met the person and I liked them. And I am a guy...

Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
That's why I'm very hesitant about giving out my phone number. I don't think men understand why a woman is more likely to give out her email or facebook quicker than she'll give out a phone number. We have to protect ourselves. I'm not trying to say that men don't get their fair share of creeps, but I highly doubt the average man sees such vitrol and abuse in their inboxes from women who demand "proof" of their existence.

Even when meeting up with online friends, I prefer to message them for a few weeks via email before moving onto phone numbers. I've been very lucky so far in that every person I've met online (3 or 4) has turned out to be legit, but still, I prefer to be err on the side of caution and save my phone number until I am completely and uttely sure that I want to form a closer relationship with you.
Now i'm not saying that this should happen all in one day but it shouldnt take weeks or months to meet if you guys are interested in each other.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM

For those with smartphones. Download the free google voice app to get a free phone number that way you dont have to give out your real number. It even gives you the option to block phone numbers etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships