Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 PM

290 posts, read 567,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm going to assume she treated him well too...no present required. This is how things get drawn out and complicated and drama ensues. What if he's already talking to someone? A gift from an ex would look strange. What if he really wants her back? A gift would be false hope. LET THE GUY GO.

People need to learn to leave others alone after a breakup. I don't care how well intended someone is, when you break up you need to give each other a lot of space and not be poking with little gifts, text messages, FB likes, whatever. There is time for being friends in the future if circumstances allow for it.
I understand your point that's why I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't do it but there's a part of me saying that I should. That I should show appreciation for all the good things he did. Im not saying hes perfect but he treated me well. I just want him to have it then I wouldn't bother him anymore.

I don't think he's talking to someone because we only broke up two weeks ago and he's a really busy guy. If he is, I don't think he would enter in a relationship that quick. If he wants me back, he would have made it known like what he did in the past. Thats why I want him to have this present because I know now that the break up is for good. We both realized that its not going to work. No matter how much we like each other, we are not meant to be together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
You don't need to follow up with an email, he'll get it and contact you if he wishes.
Should I text him first saying I will mail him a present? I don't want him to think I want him back. The present is just a sign of appreciation of the good things he did. I could write a short note? But what should I put on there?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Should I text him first saying I will mail him a present? I don't want him to think I want him back. The present is just a sign of appreciation of the good things he did. I could write a short note? But what should I put on there?
I'd just put a note in with the present...

"Hope you had a great Christmas. All the best in the new year. Cheers."

Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
I thought I was going to click on this thread and get a discussion about Christmas sex.

Instead, it's about a gift that isn't sex.

Well..I guess it could be if you mail a toy or something...

Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I thought I was going to click on this thread and get a discussion about Christmas sex.

Instead, it's about a gift that isn't sex.

Well..I guess it could be if you mail a toy or something...
I'm disappointed, man.

What a basic gift.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I'm disappointed, man.

What a basic gift.
Seriously.

If my GF gave me a gift and I didn't get Christmas sex I'd be pretty depressed.

"merry Christmas! I got you a watch!" I mean, yeah it's a nice gift, but come on, this is just the prelude to bumping uglies!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,597 times
Quote:
Seriously.

"merry Christmas! I got you a watch!" I mean, yeah it's a nice gift, but come on, this is just the prelude to bumping uglies!

It's not a Christmas gift it's a have a nice life you treated me well gift

Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Seriously.

Lol. We're not together anymore. I would have if we were still seeing each other but we broke up

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
It's not a Christmas gift it's a have a nice life you treated me well gift
Lol that's probably what you can call it. I need more feedback from guys tho. Please. I appreciate it.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
No, if you really felt it was over you would just forget about trying to contact him just to give him a present, that's just an excuse to talk to, or see him again, and he'll probably think that too,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships