Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ding ding ding we have a winner.
This is the part where you should have made that cheesy "chicken dinner" joke.........

Man... you people miss all of the cheesy hack jokes......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is the part where you should have made that cheesy "chicken dinner" joke.........

Man... you people miss all of the cheesy hack jokes......
You know, this is one I am new to. I hadn't heard this chicken dinner business until last year.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How about this.

A man of average personality and looks, no job or ambition but BIG trust fund.

would he be a catch?

I remember a Julia Roberts film (Erin Brokovich) where she suspected her latest BF of being like this and she said she 'wasn't impressed'.

how about in the real world though?
Be realistic here, visit certain neighborhoods in the U.S like parts of San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Austin, D.C or here in my Hometown of NYC with areas such as Williamsburg in Brooklyn and East Village in Manhattan, you will run into Gen Y out of town guys who don't work but are heavily backed by trust funds from parents, and some of these guys and gals are well into their twenties, however they do get dates and are in relationships and spending trust fund money on 2000$ dollar closet apartments and other activities. Some of these guys are artsy fartsy types, but hey women flock type flock to these types of guys, they really don't care what he does for a living especially when women are young and naïve. But as a women ages they probably look for a guy that works or has an career, cant always sit home collect money from your dad and smoke weed all day.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:55 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
Trust fund or not, "girls" should stick to being interested in "boys" their own age (not grown men).
If my young daughter, [ie: a "girl"], started up with a grown "man", I'd have the man arrested.
I don't think nitpicking over the semantics of terminology was really the point of this topic.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
You know... **** it....do men like men with trust funds............

Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
so it seems as if the trust fund boy can get himself a girl as long as he does at least something.

but how about the eternal hippy chick?

would she stick with him regardless?

Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so it seems as if the trust fund boy can get himself a girl as long as he does at least something.

but how about the eternal hippy chick?

would she stick with him regardless?
This is what I have observed amongst a subculture group called Hipsters and many Hipsters have trustfunds set up by their parents from back home suburbia before moving here to a big city. Some of these guys don't do anything besides do drugs and make art, buy expensive organic food, travel to Thailand, buy the latest Apple products, craft beer and pay high rent but still able to have a girlfriend.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:35 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I would expect. I would also expect sizable donations to charity.

Hypothetically: "Hmmmm.....I have a huge trust fund and someone else is going to tell me how to spend it and also how to live my life by having ambitions". Controlling much?

I'll pass!

So to you Men that do have a trust fund, please heed this advice - don't tell women you have it otherwise she'll tell you what to do with it and lose your freedom of your own money.

Next!

LOL!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Hypothetically: "Hmmmm.....I have a huge trust fund and someone else is going to tell me how to spend it and also how to live my life by having ambitions". Controlling much?

I'll pass!

So to you Men that do have a trust fund, please heed this advice - don't tell women you have it otherwise she'll tell you what to do with it and lose your freedom of your own money.

Next!

LOL!

I don't think that was the point.

I would expect that someone with a sizeable income/trust fund put that money to good use and for me, that would include being charitable. It also would be great if he had some kind of ambition in life other than sitting on the couch, counting his money.

If he didn't feel the same way we just aren't evenly matched in that respect. It's not about telling him he HAS to donate his money. It's about tossing him to the curb and finding someone you are evenly matched with.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Why would you sit around at home all day when you have total access to the world?? That is just lame.
I agree.

Hell, if I had a trust fund. I'd have a crazy travel schedule and go out on a urban photography binge. Back home in Virginia, I'd start a nonprofit mentoring program for urban boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships