Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM

11 posts, read 22,684 times

Advertisements

I had my first experience with Craig's List's Casual Encounters last night. Over the course of two days, I contacted guys on the site. Guy #1 said he wasn't available until the weekend and said we could go out Friday night, to which I agreed. He's attractive, non-creepy, easy-going, and was open to my limits (just fondling, no sex). There was another guy I was interested in, Guy #2, but he seemed shy about the process, which probably makes him a CL newbie, like me. He was my top person that I was hoping to hook up with. Then there was the last guy, Guy #3. He didn't really impress me in his photo but I figured fooling around with a guy who I didn't find beautiful could make the sex even better since I wouldn't be so worried about my own looks. He also stated in his ad that he didn't want to have sex but just wanted to kiss and fondle, which is what I was looking for too.

I ended up meeting Guy #3 at a restaurant. He was somewhat of a nerd type (in a good way) but looked way better in person than in his photo. I really like nerds so we had great conversation for about two hours. We went back to his place and did the deed, which was awesome! Instead of us just banging, it was really a passionate experience (dare I say, made love?!). We both kept saying how well this turned out for us and kissed each other goodnight as he dropped me off at my car.

No matter what was said, or how it felt, I know these things are meant to be casual. I still have my arrangements with Guy #1 on Friday and Guy #2 is asking when we can hook up. I don't believe it's right to sleep with different random people at the same time but why should I limit myself to Guy #3? We met on Casual Encounters for godsakes! Truthfully, I'd like to have a real date with him that doesn't have such a shady beginning, but I need to keep my expectations low. Is it okay to still go out with Guy #1 and Guy #2 while waiting to see if something develops between me and Guy #3?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,370,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_lion View Post
I had my first experience with Craig's List's Casual Encounters last night. Over the course of two days, I contacted guys on the site. Guy #1 said he wasn't available until the weekend and said we could go out Friday night, to which I agreed. He's attractive, non-creepy, easy-going, and was open to my limits (just fondling, no sex). There was another guy I was interested in, Guy #2, but he seemed shy about the process, which probably makes him a CL newbie, like me. He was my top person that I was hoping to hook up with. Then there was the last guy, Guy #3. He didn't really impress me in his photo but I figured fooling around with a guy who I didn't find beautiful could make the sex even better since I wouldn't be so worried about my own looks. He also stated in his ad that he didn't want to have sex but just wanted to kiss and fondle, which is what I was looking for too.

I ended up meeting Guy #3 at a restaurant. He was somewhat of a nerd type (in a good way) but looked way better in person than in his photo. I really like nerds so we had great conversation for about two hours. We went back to his place and did the deed, which was awesome! Instead of us just banging, it was really a passionate experience (dare I say, made love?!). We both kept saying how well this turned out for us and kissed each other goodnight as he dropped me off at my car.

No matter what was said, or how it felt, I know these things are meant to be casual. I still have my arrangements with Guy #1 on Friday and Guy #2 is asking when we can hook up. I don't believe it's right to sleep with different random people at the same time but why should I limit myself to Guy #3? We met on Casual Encounters for godsakes! Truthfully, I'd like to have a real date with him that doesn't have such a shady beginning, but I need to keep my expectations low. Is it okay to still go out with Guy #1 and Guy #2 while waiting to see if something develops between me and Guy #3?

Do what's right for you. Be honest with everyone involved.

Easy peasey

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 PM

102,368 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I'm voting for texting Guy 3 to see if he wants to hang out. If he's up for it, you might consider canceling with the other guys, or rescheduling, in case Guy 3 isn't interested in seeing you regularly.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-02-2013 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,788,291 times
You mean that WOMEN actually contact MEN on the Craigslist Casual Encounters section? This can't happen often!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM

11 posts, read 22,684 times
I didn't expect my dilemma to generate so many responses...hehe. I think I'll do what Ruth4Truth suggested and postpone Guy #1 and #2 until I know whether or not me and Guy #3 will be a regular thing.

I know meeting someone for sex on CL can be dangerous (or so we're led to believe) but from what I could gather from various anecdotes across the internet, dating on CL is like dating anywhere else. I have to agree with filihok and mandavaran here that (1) the news is in the business of scaring people and (2) there's no comparison of rapes/murders from CL vs all other sources. As a woman though, I get what Lilac110 is saying. I'd never tell a friend to do what I did and meet a guy from CL. Before last night, I'd say it was insane. I can't say for sure if my fears about CL were irrational but at the time, CL made the most sense. I naturally have a high sex drive due to high testosterone and I had been without sex for months. All the masturbation in the world wasn't relieving that itch.

Thanks for your help

Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,251,126 times
Quote:
I didn't expect my dilemma to generate so many responses...hehe. I think I'll do what Ruth4Truth suggested and postpone Guy #1 and #2 until I know whether or not me and Guy #3 will be a regular thing.

I know meeting someone for sex on CL can be dangerous (or so we're led to believe) but from what I could gather from various anecdotes across the internet, dating on CL is like dating anywhere else. I have to agree with filihok and mandavaran here that (1) the news is in the business of scaring people and (2) there's no comparison of rapes/murders from CL vs all other sources. As a woman though, I get what Lilac110 is saying. I'd never tell a friend to do what I did and meet a guy from CL. Before last night, I'd say it was insane. I can't say for sure if my fears about CL were irrational but at the time, CL made the most sense. I naturally have a high sex drive due to high testosterone and I had been without sex for months. All the masturbation in the world wasn't relieving that itch.

Thanks for your help
Good luck. Too many horror stories about the free sites out there for me to recommend them. I look at it like "What would I tell a friend?"

Also, take with a grain of salt what any man on the Internet says in terms of encouraging women to seek sex on the Internet: There's a vested interest with them. I can just imagine them salivating over what you wrote.

There are no possibilities for a FWB? Someone you already know?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 AM

51,347 posts, read 37,033,358 times
If you're looking for a relationship, I think you're sabotaging it by sleeping with guys that soon.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,254,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You realize that hookers, pedophiles, and predators exist outside of CL as well, right.
Sure they exist, but you don't have to sign up to meet with them the way you do on CL.

OP, it's fine to do what you're planning as long as THEY ALL KNOW about the others.

The truth is that you yourself don't like this set-up, you know it's shady and you wish it were "legitimate." Why sell yourself out?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,254,437 times
Quote:
I know meeting someone for sex on CL can be dangerous

I'd never tell a friend to do what I did and meet a guy from CL.

Before last night, I'd say it was insane.

... my fears about CL ...
Ah, yes, Internet aecdotes, the ultimate source of wisdom.

LISTEN to your own gut ^^^. You feel pretty cocky right now because you got away with something that is stupid and dangerous.

Of course you agree with the posters who support what you did. That's called "rationalization."

I hope scratching the itch by hooking up with people you don't know is worth it.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 01-02-2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,564 times
Quote:

Thanks for your help

I agree but be careful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships