Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 PM

127 posts, read 154,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You are a dreamer. Most women (even those working at Wall Mart) wouldn't touch a bubbly, overweight, unemployed guy with a 10 foot pole. How do I know? I asked that question point blank many times over. Employment is very important for a modern woman (past her teenage years). That's a minimum. Then comes the kind of employment and income, then comes education. Humans are hierarchical animals. Only well "adjusted" and employed move up the ladder and bring beacon (or, at least, don't live off your beacon). Sure, there are a few exceptions, as always.

How to get a woman to "date" you is an interesting question. But what if you want to find a woman who likes you as you are +/- and who wouldn't treat you as a home-improvement project? Should you fake an alpha male personality (since these get the most of the women)? I don't want a woman to fake her personality and appearance (even though they almost always do fake it ), why there is so much pressure for a male to appear something he's not? You don't like shy, "not it your face" men? Not a big deal, get in line and hook up with confident and showy guys you like.
So you don't actually KNOW now do you?

How to date a woman: have confidence. Everything else is secondary.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Its just post after post after post about how to attract this group, or that group, or why this group of women isn't into that group of men. How difficult could it be. Just go up to a woman, introduce yourself, ask her what her name is, make some simple conversation, ask the girl for her number, or out to dinner, or out to the movies, or whatever. If she says no, then move on to the next. Be yourself. If your of a different race than she is, it is no different than approaching a woman of your race. The exception would be a language barrier, but even that is possible to get beyond if there is enough interest. Maybe I am just use to confident and assertive men. I just don't get all of these lame and whiny threads.
Well, you probably have no clue what it's like being shy. It's a difficult thing to overcome, it just doesn't happen overnight. It takes practice for these shy people to make a decent conversation without being so awkward, let alone ask somebody out.

But I do agree with you on one thing, the whining posts and threads are unnecessary. It's no use complaining when people make assumptions and don't even try.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM

491 posts, read 569,770 times
If a woman isn't interested or doesn't give off signs she isn't interested move on. I say 'if i was their favorite actor crush would they act like this?'. Most people wouldn't play games with a famous person and thats how I treat myself. If you are an ugly man you better have money or be in shape. Women and men are very superficial. Nothing wrong with that. People want the best for themselves. I wont date a person who doesn't match up or near my expectations.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:45 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
something like 30%+ of the first internet dates end up with sex "all the way", 60% of the first internet dates end up with oral sex or something of that sort.\
Source for these outrageous stats? And who's getting the Mod cut. in these scenarios? Let me guess...the men? Or did the survey not analyze that detail?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-19-2020 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Source for these outrageous stats? And who's getting the [Bleep.] in these scenarios? Let me guess...the men? Or did the survey not analyze that detail?

if that were true every single (and some married) men in the country would be on the online dating services. I call B.S.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-19-2020 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
So its best to assume that shy people in general should taken to the gas chamber as they are a threat to the uber confident master race.

Look all these kind of thread come down to are assumptions followed by more assumptions and a bunch of anecdotes trying to pass off as truth.

So its a bunch of whining about people not behaving on how someone wants them to behave and that about sums all those threads up in my opinion.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:38 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
So its best to assume that shy people in general should taken to the gas chamber as they are a threat to the uber confident master race.

Look all these kind of thread come down to are assumptions followed by more assumptions and a bunch of anecdotes trying to pass off as truth.

So its a bunch of whining about people not behaving on how someone wants them to behave and that about sums all those threads up in my opinion.
It's not about how others might want you to behave, but if you're not having success in your life, you are the only one who can change your behaviours to get what you want. Whining accomplishes nothing.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's not about how others might want you to behave, but if you're not having success in your life, you are the only one who can change your behaviours to get what you want. Whining accomplishes nothing.
That quote is not picking sides that counts for everything I read in those thread from both sides. Like I said most of stuff I read is just assumptions to me that solve nothing.

Also in my opinion whats is considered "whining" comes down most of the time to a difference of opinion and some out of left field personal evaluation.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM

188 posts, read 304,517 times
For some men, like me, it's impossible.

People are very superficial these days and the competition is strong and if you have don't have the looks, the money or you are not a celebrity or a model then you stand absolutely no chance with a certain league of women.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
For some men, like me, it's impossible.

People are very superficial these days and the competition is strong and if you have don't have the looks, the money or you are not a celebrity or a model then you stand absolutely no chance with a certain league of women.
Key words are bolded. What's stopping you from checking out other leagues, besides the ones you now recognize as being beyond you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships