Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,937 times

Advertisements

I don't think i would want to be with someone of above-average attractiveness. Too much competition. I'd feel like i'd always have to be at the top of my game, and i could never relax or let my guard down.

Plus, i think it's tough to find someone who has everything (above-average looks AND an above-average personality). Given the choice of trade-offs, I'd much rather be with an average-looking woman who is warm, kind, and funny.

That being said, i know there are a lot of guys who want a model-type woman 10 years younger than them, as well as plenty of women who want rich guys. So i guess there are no shortage of people out there who are seeking someone solely based on superficial characteristics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
This is really a serious question, isn't it ?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I don't think i would want to be with someone of above-average attractiveness. Too much competition. I'd feel like i'd always have to be at the top of my game, and i could never relax or let my guard down.

Plus, i think it's tough to find someone who has everything (above-average looks AND an above-average personality). Given the choice of trade-offs, I'd much rather be with an average-looking woman who is warm, kind, and funny.

That being said, i know there are a lot of guys who want a model-type woman 10 years younger than them, as well as plenty of women who want rich guys. So i guess there are no shortage of people out there who are seeking someone solely based on superficial characteristics.
I've heard of this "competition" phenomenon, but haven't experienced it much personally.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Would you want to be in a relationship with an extremely attractive person?
No.

No I wouldn't

Nor would I want a relationship with someone who was extremely funny, or kind, or intelligent, or caring or anything really.

I'd only feel comfortable with the most mediocre of women. Otherwise someone else might want them.

And I, being lowly and pathetic, would lose out.

Dude...you have some problems.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
What the other person looks like and how many people find him/her attractive is irrelevant. It's about the strength of the bond you have with them, and mutual trust.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.

No I wouldn't

Nor would I want a relationship with someone who was extremely funny, or kind, or intelligent, or caring or anything really.

I'd only feel comfortable with the most mediocre of women. Otherwise someone else might want them.

You're on a roll today, fil! Lots of great and funny posts. I couldn't rep you. lol!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Hell no. All those wh*res would want him.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.

No I wouldn't

I won't dispute the fact that i have some problems... 17 years of rejection and having women be mean to me and tell me what a loser i am will do that!

But i DO want a woman who is extremely funny, kind, intelligent, and caring, as i mentioned above if you took the time to read the whole thing before mocking me. Those are deal-breakers for me. That's yet another reason why it's so hard for me to find someone. Not only are women not interested in me, but it's tough to find a woman who is funny, kind, intelligent and caring.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,838,081 times
Smh so hard right now.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
well, beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. So define overly attractiveness.
I don't mind dating a dude who is extremely attractive by common standard. I DO mind however dating a person who thinks he is God's gift to all women. Believe me, average looking dudes and below average looking dudes have shared similar mentality. I've dated a very popular attractive college football player, he was the most caring, gentle, faithful and loyal guy I've known. It all depends on individuals.

My girlfriend liked to say, "All guys are dogs nowadays, might just as well sleep with an attractive dog." LOL she got a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships