Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,144,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Ugh. I hope she doesn't put up with your behavior.

I have fb and I don't allow anyone I date on it. If my SO wants to "check up on me," he can kiss my ass.
What do you have to hide? just as I have her FB password, so too does she have mine, and she knows my email and I don't lock my cell with a password. Maybe dating it would be out of line, but I've been with her awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,220,407 times
If you need to "check up on" your SO it's time to re-think the relationship. I can't imagine ever wanting any of my girlfriend's passwords. Either I trust her or I don't.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM

9,796 posts, read 7,521,488 times
Who cares its twitter?? The only thing I don't like about people with private (blocked) tweets is that you can't retweet them if they say something that deserves a retweet. I guess you should feel the same way whenever she uses the phone then as well. I've got more important things to worry about.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM

9,796 posts, read 7,521,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
If you need to "check up on" your SO it's time to re-think the relationship. I can't imagine ever wanting any of my girlfriend's passwords. Either I trust her or I don't.

Couldn't agree more. if I ever get a girlfriend that has twitter I could care less if she follows/blocks me, and having her password would be useless. Also, I'm sure as hell ain't giving out my password, because my tweets are public and can be viewed by anyone anyways.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,227,897 times
If her Twitter page is locked, that is her right, and there's nothing you can do about it.

But if it's public, that's just too dang bad for her. You can go wherever you want on the Internet.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 AM

602 posts, read 1,077,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAtk View Post
So my girlfriend has an account on twitter, I'm not allowed to follow her, she doesn't want me to see what she tweets, do I have the right to be suspicious or am I just over reacting?
That's her personal space man, she has that right and so do you. You should do the same.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,427,596 times
For some reason, seems like there is other important information left out here.

If she reacted that way towards you, I'd say she's probably feeling as though your level of jealousy is suffocating her.

At the same time, I don't know why she doesn't just break up with you if she feels you don't trust her.

Doesn't make sense. Why stay in a relationship where you're constantly suspicious? Sounds unhealthy.

And, if she gives you a reason to be suspicious, drop her like a hot potatah!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
What do you have to hide? just as I have her FB password, so too does she have mine, and she knows my email and I don't lock my cell with a password. Maybe dating it would be out of line, but I've been with her awhile.
I don't have anything to hide. I simply don't believe being my SO gives someone the right to invade my personal privacy.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,318,241 times
Quote:
Don't sweat it. Laugh it off and just start your own various accounts and tell her they're off limits to her
Another right ON post from the Sgt...couldn't rep you again, but I totally agree...what's good for the goose is good for the gander

Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,274,125 times
Quote:
just as I have her FB password, so too does she have mine, and she knows my email and I don't lock my cell with a password. Maybe dating it would be out of line, but I've been with her awhile.
I think this is a good idea, it shows there's nothing to hide and you both are completely open and honest with each other. This is the kind of relationship I would want to be in, no secrets no lies....... trusting each other completely is imperative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships