Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,907,547 times

Advertisements

When I first start doing online again 2-3 years ago (though not seriously until about a year ago)I saw this guy who seemed to fit what I desired. He was never married, childless, Catholic, looking to get married, even stated he wasn't into premarital sex and lived about a half hour from me. In a strange irony he mentioned he worked previously at a country radio station as did I so I thought it was fate. Even though he wasn't my type really, I contacted him because of the mutual interests and common background. I sent the message on Monday, he read on Tuesday and deleted on Wednesday. I was bummed because he sounded great and he's partly why I don't contact men that much on sites anymore because at least he could have said "no thanks". However I went on and didn't give him much thought.

While searching through my matches I see him on there, only this time he has different photos. I found he had posted at the forum (this was POF)about why he can't find decent women online without kids. I think this is ironic because he didn't even give me a chance yet I fit what he desired and he is complaining? I should mention too that he's not all that either. He's close to obese (maybe obese but hard to tell with the photos), he's not good looking at all either, nor does he work in a field now that makes a lot of money (he is no longer in radio, but radio is low paying but glamorous).

Before anyone says I must be jealous or whatever, not at all. I figure if he doesn't like me it's his loss. What I don't get is that he complains on there and has been on for years. I am actually glad he rejected me because reading his profile it sounds like he met quite a few women on there and rejected all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,904 times
That's a pretty good effort at rationalization. Kudos.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
By your description, it sounds like something's fishy. He's gaming the system, he has a hidden agenda. He says he wants someone like you, but when that someone responds, he takes evasive action. It sounds like he's fishing for something else entirely. He's not worth worrying about. There are all kinds of people online, you never know who they really are. You dodged a bullet.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM

I think with this guy he was probably one of those people who is WAY too picky. I understand of course the no kids requirement or even the religious requirement but I have a sneaking suspicion he thought he was entitled to a hotter woman than what he was.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
By your description, it sounds like something's fishy. He's gaming the system, he has a hidden agenda. He says he wants someone like you, but when that someone responds, he takes evasive action. It sounds like he's fishing for something else entirely. He's not worth worrying about. There are all kinds of people online, you never know who they really are. You dodged a bullet.
Or he just didn't like her? That seems like a totally rational possibility.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah that's for sure. He sounds off by reading his profile. Someone mentioned to me that perhaps he is married but using the "no premarital sex" as a way to lure them in then pretending they were special. I am glad he didn't respond to me.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Or he just didn't like her? That seems like a totally rational possibility.
Maybe he didn't, but I did wonder why. Was I too old for him (though he was slightly older), or not his physical type or something else? I don't know because he never responded.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Maybe he didn't, but I did wonder why. Was I too old for him (though he was slightly older), or not his physical type or something else? I don't know because he never responded.
Who knows? Who cares?

Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM

I don't care anymore, my point was why was he still on a dating site? I know someone will say why am I, but I'm really not because I don't have photos anymore on any of my profiles, most were deleted and others are hidden. I just have them really now just to lurk at these sites.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,402,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah that's for sure. He sounds off by reading his profile. Someone mentioned to me that perhaps he is married but using the "no premarital sex" as a way to lure them in then pretending they were special. I am glad he didn't respond to me.
Wondering why you even care if you're glad he didn't respond. Many people stay on thse sites for years. I have seen the same men on there over and over.

You are always judging all of these people as not all that, obese, etc. From the way you talk to and treat people, and it comes across very obvious, maybe they are getting it figured out early on that you are the one who many be 'not all that.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships