Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,801 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

I'm currently in an age gap relationship and I've noticed that our age gap has never been an issue, unlike so many other relationships I've heard and read about. Some of the situations and issues we've encountered during our relationship were the same as those in same age relationships.

If you are or were in an age gap relationship, did any of the issues that came up have anything to do with your age gap? If you've never been in this type of relationship, what is the largest age gap you would be willing to try? The strong emotional feelings you have for the other person as well as the level of intellectual attraction and sexual chemistry you have with them can be a factor in determining how much of an age gap you'd be willing to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
How big of a gap? I've dated men about 10 years older.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
I was 22. He was 29. He was extremely smart. Sex was great.

Then he started treating me like a child.

(Thumbs down)

Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
How big of a gap? I've dated men about 10 years older.
Me and my sweet sig are 17 years apart. What's so cool about us is that he looks older than his age and I look younger than mine. We also like a lot of the same things and we really click intellectually, emotionally and sexually. And the best part about meeting him was that it was so unexpected and almost didn't happen! I met him online on a tv show website. He didn't have a profile picture and neither did I. But as I read his posts, I really started to like his attitude about love, relationships and life in general. I loved his sarcastic sense of humor as it mirrored my own. Over time, the more I knew of him in the forums and read his posts and his responses to mine, the more I wanted to get to know him more. I became attracted to his mind and the eloquent and intelligent way he expressed himself in his posts. After we saw each other's pictures and were wayyyy attracted to each other by how we looked, that was just the icing on the cake. When we found out each other's ages, that really put an interesting and exciting spin on everything. The rest...is history.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I was 22. He was 29. He was extremely smart. Sex was great.

Then he started treating me like a child.

(Thumbs down)

Yeah, being condescended is insulting and a huge turn off. Couples should respect each other and treat each other as equals.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
I guess I could join this thread. I've been seeing a woman who is 18/19 years older than me and we get along really great. I guess we're just FWB at this point but I enjoy her company greatly and she has a huge sexual appetite like myself

I don't really see a big age divide between us, but I've been always been able to get along well with people of all ages so there's no issues

OP how old are you? Are you divorced/kids?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I guess I could join this thread. I've been seeing a woman who is 18/19 years older than me and we get along really great. I guess we're just FWB at this point but I enjoy her company greatly and she has a huge sexual appetite like myself

I don't really see a big age divide between us, but I've been always been able to get along well with people of all ages so there's no issues

OP how old are you? Are you divorced/kids?
Being able to get along with people of all ages is a good trait to have. I'm 47 and going through a difficult divorce. I have three beautiful children and an awesome loving and caring significant other who has shown me what a real man is and what true love really is.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Being able to get along with people of all ages is a good trait to have. I'm 47 and going through a difficult divorce. I have three beautiful children and an awesome loving and caring significant other who has shown me what a real man is and what true love really is.

47 - 30 is not much of an age difference...a 30 year old is a grown man. Anything after 30 is really not a big age difference to me. Me and lady I'm seeing is 42 and I'm 23

How long have you guys been going out?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
47 - 30 is not much of an age difference...a 30 year old is a grown man. Anything after 30 is really not a big age difference to me. Me and lady I'm seeing is 42 and I'm 23

How long have you guys been going out?
I don't think it's such a big gap either, but a lot of people seem to think so. I met him online when he was 25 and I was 42. I believe some young men who are in their early 20s usually go through what I call a maturation spurt from their mid 20s to their early 30s. I consider myself very lucky that my guy was already mature in the areas of life and relationships that matter most to me. Almost every other guy I've ever met or known who are in their early 20s to early 30s were very immature and incapable of sustaining any genuine monogamous relationships. If I had never met my significant other, I would never ever ever be in a relationship with or even date a guy who is in his 20s or 30s.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,654 times
My wife and I have an 18 year gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships