Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

... and tell each man that he is the only one

I have NEVER done that. I have always been upfront with the only one person I have been dating. But apparantly, the guy I am dating has a difficult set of parents tried to set him up with a family friend. I've been dating with this guy for 2 years and I am head over heel in love with him despite his current medical situation.

I have no reasons NOT trusting my guy, but we are having long distance relationship. Reality is reality, his parents make seeing each other extremely painful and unbearable. I can't stand his parents but the guy is a mom's boy.

Well, my guy loves me and has done his best, but he has his limitations and for some reasons, he cannot be completely independent at this point (medical issues)

I have a college guy friend who is cnrretly single and I bumped into him in the mall one day and I couldn't believe I actually found him to be attractive. I immediately felt guilty because of it.
Well, a sense of entitlement quickly took over my guilt because I was thinking, "well, not like his parents haven't set him up with anybody, why should I deny myself chances meeting more interesting guy?"

I know that my boyfriend perhaps is considering getting on another date (I don't know, I am just speculating)

Should I date other men? What would you do if you are in my situation?

Constructive advices are needed. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM

708 posts, read 878,651 times
I'd move on.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Yes, I dated more than one guy at once, but they all knew and it started from the beginning. You're in a different situation, where you have to decide whether you want to stop being monogamous.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM

thank you.
It is difficult because I still love my boyfriend.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Do what's best for you.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,768 times
nope

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
... and tell each man that he is the only one

I have NEVER done that. I have always been upfront with the only one person I have been dating. But apparantly, the guy I am dating has a difficult set of parents tried to set him up with a family friend. I've been dating with this guy for 2 years and I am head over heel in love with him despite his current medical situation.

I have no reasons NOT trusting my guy, but we are having long distance relationship. Reality is reality, his parents make seeing each other extremely painful and unbearable. I can't stand his parents but the guy is a mom's boy.

Well, my guy loves me and has done his best, but he has his limitations and for some reasons, he cannot be completely independent at this point (medical issues)

I have a college guy friend who is cnrretly single and I bumped into him in the mall one day and I couldn't believe I actually found him to be attractive. I immediately felt guilty because of it.
Well, a sense of entitlement quickly took over my guilt because I was thinking, "well, not like his parents haven't set him up with anybody, why should I deny myself chances meeting more interesting guy?"

I know that my boyfriend perhaps is considering getting on another date (I don't know, I am just speculating)

Should I date other men? What would you do if you are in my situation?

Constructive advices are needed. .
Well, I've dated more than 1 girl at a time but....

1) We never agreed to be exclusive.
2) I didn't lie about anything.
3) I wasn't trying to exact revenge on someone.

You don't know what's happening with your bf. From what you say, his family sucks and he's trying to do the right thing.

I suggest that you either try to make things work with him or break it off. Nothing in between.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,173 times
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

right, I agree with you on the "nothing in between" statement.
However, his parents set him up with a family friend KNOWING we are still together. I told my boyfriend, "Well, if you want to date other people, then please don't make it double standard, I should have the freedom doing exactly the same thing."

boyfriend response, "well, if that is what you want, but I will just stay single." I have found out that he did indeed go see that girl, but he didn't find her to be attractive. Obviously, he went on a "date" with the new girl, he is not doing what he is suppose to be doing, obviously

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM

106 posts, read 193,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
boyfriend response, "well, if that is what you want, but I will just stay single." I have found out that he did indeed go see that girl, but he didn't find her to be attractive. Obviously, he went on a "date" with the new girl, he is not doing what he is suppose to be doing, obviously
Judging from this, I would say to move on. He said that he would stay single, yet he still went on the date. How did you find out? From him or someone else?

I'm assuming that the fact that he went on the date was because of the pressure his parents put on him, which tells me that he did not stand up to them for you and tell them that he is seeing you and no one else. Do you want to be with someone who will listen to mommy and daddy, even if that means he will be hurting you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships