Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,787,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why?
I just get tired of people easily.. don't want to wear a good thing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
We met this week. Went out twice. Today, he asked me to hang out again tonight. Is that moving too fast? Should I accept or decline?
I joke around with Mrs. Chow... when we first met and started dating... I went over to her house and never left.....

I don't know how many "dates" we actually had... we became inseparable........

Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,512,518 times
OP, if you both enjoy each others company and want to date that often, then go for it. Everyone is different and some people really click from the beginning.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,926,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I joke around with Mrs. Chow... when we first met and started dating... I went over to her house and never left.....

I don't know how many "dates" we actually had... we became inseparable........
Nice. I know a couple who did this. They basically "hooked up" at a bar or party in college, stayed together that night, and have been together night since then. Now, 20 years later, they're still together and have a kid. This is why I laugh at people on the internet who think relationships are doomed if they don't start out with boring formal slow job-interview-style dating and waiting until the fifth date (or whatever) to have sex.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Any guy who goes out 3 dates in one week must have a nice job-lol Especially in this economy
Dates don't have to be expensive, and in my experience women often pay or at least pay their share, particularly after the first date. Plus, if you're a single guy with no kids or expensive habits, there isn't a lot else to spend it on. The real surprise, to me, would be that he has that many free nights to spend with one person immediately upon meeting them. In my experience it usually takes a week or two to find a night that works for both of us for a second date, just based on work, school, social life, travel, dates with other people, family, or whatever else is going on in people's lives.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,109,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Dates don't have to be expensive, and in my experience women often pay or at least pay their share, particularly after the first date. Plus, if you're a single guy with no kids or expensive habits, there isn't a lot else to spend it on. The real surprise, to me, would be that he has that many free nights to spend with one person immediately upon meeting them. In my experience it usually takes a week or two to find a night that works for both of us for a second date, just based on work, school, social life, travel, dates with other people, family, or whatever else is going on in people's lives.

In my experience, the woman doesn't offer to pay until the 3rd date

Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
In my experience, the woman doesn't offer to pay until the 3rd date
Well, still, that's 1/3 of the first three dates that you aren't paying for. Combine that with the fact that not every date needs to involve a $100 dinner bill (especially if you're doing three dates in one week with the same person), and one needn't be wealthy to go on frequent dates. That's all I was saying.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,573,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djuna View Post
how can an adult be so clueless about their own life decisions?

Who chooses your clothes in the morning?

:d:d

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,990,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
We met this week. Went out twice. Today, he asked me to hang out again tonight. Is that moving too fast? Should I accept or decline?

What happened to the bald guy? How did you eventually break up with him?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,420,258 times
I don't like to move that fast. I don't like or trust "instant" relationships. Seems messed up to me. What is the rush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships