Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 08:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Why do we have to throw in that dumb: "IF they look younger." Otherwise what?
Seriously, that was my first thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 08:44 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,882,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously, that was my first thought.
Really? Well then we'd probably be able to have an interesting conversation. It's too bad I'm older than you. I probably look may age, too.
So....no good.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Really? Well then we'd probably be able to have an interesting conversation. It's too bad I'm older than you. I probably look may age, too.
So....no good.
I just don't get the need for "if she looked younger than her actual age". It wasn't needed, it was a bit rude, it implied women don't or can't generally look good at different ages. It's a bit of a jerk statement, IMO. I've dated people 10 years older, and 10 years younger. I prefer +/-5 years. Whatever. People are people.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:08 AM

636 posts, read 393,616 times
Typically, people will date others that they find attractive regardless of age.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:50 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,882,773 times
Quote:
I just don't get the need for "if she looked younger than her actual age". It wasn't needed, it was a bit rude, it implied women don't or can't generally look good at different ages. It's a bit of a jerk statement, IMO. I've dated people 10 years older, and 10 years younger. I prefer +/-5 years. Whatever. People are people.
Exactly! I don't know where that comes from. Like I should feel less than, if someone guessed my age. I don't get excited and flattered if I get carded, and the guy says: "well we card everyone under 40." I haven't been under 40 for a long time, maybe the guy doesn't know what someone who's 50 looks like? I wasn't trying to be something else.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:56 AM

676 posts, read 529,396 times
Quote:
To be fair ..... Youth looks better than age. It's just the way it is. A better question would be 'can an older woman, who looks her age, be attractive to younger men'? The answer is 'yes' for some and 'no' for most. This makes sense as far as viewing humans as just another animal on the planet.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
Typically, people will date others that they find attractive regardless of age.
Not really. People are often persuaded by peer pressure. Younger people would be much more susceptible to this. A young man who was attracted to an older woman may hide this attraction fearing ridicule from his friends.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman View Post
To be fair ..... Youth looks better than age. It's just the way it is.
It doesn't always, there are plenty of people I've known since high school that look MUCH better at 44 than they did at 18. Same with some people in college.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
It doesn't always, there are plenty of people I've known since high school that look MUCH better at 44 than they did at 18. Same with some people in college.
Um ... O.K., but generally speaking a 20 year old is more physically attractive than a 60 year old. It's the nature of the world we live in. I was much more attractive when I was young. I will never be that attractive again. I'm also much more confident as an old woman and much more content. So .... even though I don't please as many other people by giving them something pretty to look at .... I please myself much more than I ever did as a young women by giving myself most of the things I need and want.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:42 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,254,398 times
Quote:
It's funny you say that. I feel and always say that I look better now (pushing 47) than I did then. I also have several HS friends who look way older than our age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships