Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Too many to list. Basically ones that I think are harmless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
LOL @ the Spanx comment! They can't change your nody that much but I will say I was in Victoria's Secret yesterday and I was having a hard time finding a bra that wasn't an "enhancing" style- and it's not like I'm an A or B (or even a C) cup
Ha, interesting. I hate that it might make me sound shallow to say so, but I'm just saying it can dampen the excitement of getting naked with a woman when the body that comes out of the clothes doesn't look like the body I was anticipating from seeing it in the clothes. I don't expect perfection, just truth in advertising.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
B sticks out more than the others because, I know many people who say that they would not date someone who is married, and by lying about their marital status, they are affecting someone's moral standards. If that makes sense.
thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

by the way, thanks for everybody who answered this question.

Honestly speaking, I am okay with number B simply because the divorce will be final.

I am NOT okay with the whole double standard thing, Like "I am expecting a one on one relationship, but I can go see other people, you cannot." Type of thing. I don't like people who keep a backup plan when it comes to dating.

number A, I can let it slide. Number B, perhaps depends on the motivation. Rest of them, are big red flags to me. Just in my most humble opinion.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Also, it is not the first time I heard guys say that "all women are liars because they wear padded bra, push up bra, and high heels."

I am not quite sure that I can agree with it, but I don't have a good way to contradict them.

Does it mean that if women wear false eyelashes, and a man can lie about his income? Where exactly do you draw the line?

I wear high heels and when I am in heels, I am easily 6 feet tall (I am 5'7" without heels) but I am pretty sure most guys can figure out exactly how tall I am by looking at me,

also, do you demand to see a guy's driver's license and photo ID if you meet him on the internet?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

by the way, thanks for everybody who answered this question.

Honestly speaking, I am okay with number B simply because the divorce will be final.

I am NOT okay with the whole double standard thing, Like "I am expecting a one on one relationship, but I can go see other people, you cannot." Type of thing. I don't like people who keep a backup plan when it comes to dating.

number A, I can let it slide. Number B, perhaps depends on the motivation. Rest of them, are big red flags to me. Just in my most humble opinion.
I would say it's not about deciding which one is acceptable, which one you can let slide, and which cross a line. I'd say that taken as a whole, they paint a picture that is completely unacceptable. Taken as a whole, they show a pattern of systematic deceit. What you want to do is focus on the big picture, not a bunch of little snapshots.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
A. He is living with his parents, but he said, "I just live with my relatives temporarily."

B. He is going through a divorce, but the paper is not yet final. But he said, "I am divorced." (However, the divorce will be final in about 2 months)

C. He is seeing other people while he is seeing you, but he told you, "I expect to have a one on one relationship. no third party is involved."

D. He doesn't like it when you went on a blinddate, but he went on blinddate all the time.

E. He stretches the truth about his employment status a little bit, he is a department manager, but he said he is a "district manager"
No lies or exaggerations were involved - we were honest with each other, and still are.

A. She was still living with an ex-boyfriend. Not a problem.
B. I was going through a divorce - I didn't expect it to take another 7 years, though! Not a problem.
C. We both continued to date others until we decided to move in together. Not a problem.
D. We weren't bothered if the other went on a date with someone else. Just not jealous types.
E. No issues there at all.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would say it's not about deciding which one is acceptable, which one you can let slide, and which cross a line. I'd say that taken as a whole, they paint a picture that is completely unacceptable. Taken as a whole, they show a pattern of systematic deceit.

right !!!

maybe I should make a clarification of this.

These are the lists of white lies from three different guys I've met in the past. not from one guy.

but the person who lied about "divorce", turned out to be the most loving and honest, believe it or not, we broke up for different reasons.

The dude lied about his career and income turned out to be the biggest liar. The dude who claim "I want an one on one relationship" but seeing other people behind my back turned out to be just like that, an insecure jerk with double standard. He did not cheat, he just had to keep a back up plan. He ended up being single still .

Relationship failure just makes him more and more paranoid and insecure. The more backup plans he has, the less real dates he gets, the more insecure he gets, the crazier he gets.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM

225 posts, read 344,686 times
The two lies I took without considering were:

His age (it was only a year difference, but it was a lie--and he was older than I expected/wanted him to be)

His sobriety (apparently he had been drunk every day for the 5 years before the wedding and 10 years after.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
women try to make themselves look better is not exactly the same as deceiving others though. No?
Put it this way; if we are getting intimate and you disappear into the bathroom and come out not at all appearing to be the same person who went in I call it deceitful.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Put it this way; if we are getting intimate and you disappear into the bathroom and come out not at all appearing to be the same person who went in I call it deceitful.
So, if a guy wearing lifts in his shoes suddenly loses 2" when he takes off his shoes automatically gets booted out the door?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships