Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What's MGTOW?

I've been around the internet and have heard of MRA once.

I think it's okay to talk about your frustrations about being single, at least online, anyways...

However, if you are rejected, you are supposed to take it with grace, for the woman has done nothing wrong.
A google search reveals "Men Going their Own Way."

I think I've always been as graceful as I can, although I haven't been rejected very much because I've rarely ever asked anyone out, and actually I've only ever asked out this one girl who always said she was "busy" and I guess that was supposed to be a hint I was supposed to take. Sue me, but I think if a girl has a problem with guys being unable to take a hint, then they just need to be more straightforward. I took "I'm busy" literally. It took me a while to figure out that meant "I'm not interested." But I think I handled the situation as well as can be expected, and we departed from each other cordially after I took the hint and said I wasn't going to come around any more but that "I enjoyed talking with you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 11:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
A google search reveals "Men Going their Own Way."

I think I've always been as graceful as I can, although I haven't been rejected very much because I've rarely ever asked anyone out, and actually I've only ever asked out this one girl who always said she was "busy" and I guess that was supposed to be a hint I was supposed to take. Sue me, but I think if a girl has a problem with guys being unable to take a hint, then they just need to be more straightforward. I took "I'm busy" literally. It took me a while to figure out that meant "I'm not interested." But I think I handled the situation as well as can be expected, and we departed from each other cordially after I took the hint and said I wasn't going to come around any more but that "I enjoyed talking with you".
Oy.

You need to ask women out. You're a man. You are the bearer of this burden.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:25 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Oy.

You need to ask women out. You're a man. You are the bearer of this burden.
I don't need to ask women out if I've given up on dating, though.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I don't need to ask women out if I've given up on dating, though.
You haven't finished complaining, though.

And you never gave up on dating, you've never even gave dating a try.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
You haven't finished complaining, though.
::giggling from the sidelines::

Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
::giggling from the sidelines::
Whats so funny?

Old 06-10-2013, 12:03 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
Quote:
Whats so funny?
Sometimes the funniest statements are the ones that are meant to be serious.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 AM

22 posts, read 29,988 times
those who pretend to be nice guys but are not are losers and it doesn't mean all are the same i have one of nice guy so choice is what matters if you are good try to find someone like you.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
^^ Almost every post you write whines about feminist stuff and being a victim. Relax, nothing's out to get you. That woman in the video spews a lot of crap on youtube.
I don't agree with a number of feminist views. I don't agree with a number of views held by the KKK or Nazi's either. So, frankly, I don't care what you think. I'm not anti-egalitarian per se. And although I'm ethnically Black-American I don't subscribe to every view of the Nation of Islam or every Afrocentric teaching in academia.

There are some Afrocentric teachings I agree with and I learned a number of useful critical thinking skills from an Africology course I had. Africology so far as I can tell is feminist too. Being a feminist--like being a black nationalist or like being a Nazi sympathizer or Democrat or Republican--does not mean one is female. And there are some feminist views I agree with.

And learn the definition of hypocrisy. You might figure you shouldn't complain about my complaining and you shouldn't attack in tone and language the views expressed by the woman in the video if in fact you subscribe religiously to a de facto holy text of not complaining about the philosophical views of others (e.g., Republicans, Democrats, Klanmen, feminist, Catholics, Muslims, atheists et cetera).

While I've always voted Democrat (therefore liberal) except for one time, I've never subscribed to every single view promoted in that party or all views promoted by some liberals. I also remain critical of some social changes liberals brought on like the former AFDC program that mandated no man live in the home, of a past trend where young women on welfare often got pregnant 2nd and 3rd times intentionally, just to increase the size of their welfare check. But even a lot of well educated, liberal, black professionals today complain about that and some attribute it to the U.S. Government having intentionally attempted to "destroy the black family."

There are some feminist views I agree with. But I even found agreement with a white, racist, union worker that hung drywall over his complaint that his fellow journeyman union workers took pay from the union while on strike when in his opinion "they should have left the money for the 'young guys' with families out on the strike." By "young guy" I took him to mean the young men that were apprentices, married, with a family to support. My point being I can find points of a agreement with feminist, Klansmen, Muslims, atheists etc.

But overall I don't like much of what feminism promotes today no more than I like what neo-Nazis promote or liberals that champion biological determinism.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's no different than people assuming ALL feminists are 'feminazis'.
In other words you take issue with a caricature of feminist?

Caricature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nota bene: you speak no differently of nice guys than those that present a caricature of feminist, no? You present a caricature of the nice guy, yes?

Feminism has lobbyist and often puts out social and political goals. To my knowledge "nice guys" are no equivalent phenomenon.

One of my problems with feminism is the name itself, or that is to say its name is not egalitarianism. In the social science like Africology they speak of asymmetry and symmetry. The symmetrical of feminism would be masculinism. One could argue Western society has been dominated by men for centuries, so, feminism may be needed and a counter balance of masculinism unnecessary. As I pointed out in some thread on this website--The United States of America did not become a democracy until 1920 when the U.S. Federal Government federally protected the rights of women to vote. This is the view I learned in my former Africology class which is both a Afrocentric and a feminist field of study (in particulate because Black-America has been a matriarchy for sometime now). This is the view I subscribe too. It make sense to me. Roughly 50% of the U.S. population was and is female. How can you have a democracy if 50% of your population is denied the right to vote in one way or another?

Does that position I subscribe to make me a bad person? Does it make me a non-man?

What is a "man" anyways? Most--and I see no difference in most female feminist rhetoric--will attribute non-biological qualities to "being a man."

The symmetrical of this would be for me to list non-bilogical qualities to what "being a woman" is. This is one of the issues I have with feminism. As I do not qualify being "a woman" with things like cleaning, cooking, being "nice," earnings et cetera. I also don't caricature "nice women" that may approach me, but because I'm not interested in them, rather than admit my own prejudice to their looks or my superficial likings, I'll just caricature them all as tantrum throwing 10 year olds trapped in adult bodies, because that will make me look holy and righteous.

I don't think you'll find a post on this website where I've called feminist's "feminazis." There are a lot of racists in the Republican and Democratic parties and both parties I oppose on a number of things. But I don't call either one Nazis. I just don't view feminist as egalitarians. At most they something akin to the Nation of Islam to me. Or maybe to some black nationalist type groups. But feminism has way more power and influence than the NOI or black nationalists.

Black nationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Black nationalism (BN) advocates a racial definition (or redefinition) of national identity, as opposed to multiculturalism. There are different indigenous nationalist philosophies but the principles of all Black nationalist ideologies are unity, and self-determination or independence from European society.
I no more disagree with the NOI (Nation of Islam) or black nationalist on all things than I disagree with feminist on all things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships