Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times

Advertisements

...b'c a lot of men I know define themselves as 'nice guys' and nothing could be further from the truth, imo.

Maybe a 'nice guy' to one person is something totally different to someone else; someone who will spend all their money on you and be at your beck and call with no questions asked to one person, to someone who will walk around with blinders on and never look at another woman for the rest of his life, to someone who knows he could be satisfied with one good woman....

What do we mean by 'nice guy' ladies? Let's define it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
I don't know, but I can offer you a litmus test! Send them to me - if I'm not attracted to them, they ought to be nice!

Old 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
A nice guy to me is someone who doesn't feel the need to go around proving he's a man in superficial macho ways and treats a lady with respect and dignity.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,550,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know, but I can offer you a litmus test! Send them to me - if I'm not attracted to them, they ought to be nice!
Send me one too.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Btw, my answer covers a lot of ground; he's not perfect but he's not a [habitual] liar, abuser, womanizer, selfish sob with unrealistic expectations he can't even maintain in himself.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Send me one too.
Sorry. By some odd chance I did have a nice person around some time ago, but he's already taken.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
if she is yawning and falling to sleep-- he a nice guy. if she lets him leave a message on the machine instead of picking up the phone trust me-- he is a nice guy. nice guys did everything right was totally fair and considerate.
he was dressed nice and not fat or ugly. most common statement heard by nice guys "is it 900 oclock already well thanks for the nice dinner and great flowers, just drop me at the curb. good night".
nice guy is the guy that does every single thing the CDF female poster says she wants done for her by a man. nice guy is the one your mama wants you to date and you cant stand.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Nice people in general are people who generally care about other human beings and have some sort of morality compassion etc

Yeah theyre are guys who claim to be nice just to get women but i dont think that salway the case..besides when both men and women meet each other they put on their best face in the beigning stages and dont show there negative qualities till much later on..

Old 03-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Nice people in general are people who generally care about other human beings and have some sort of morality compassion etc

Yeah theyre are guys who claim to be nice just to get women but i dont think that salway the case..besides when both men and women meet each other they put on their best face in the beigning stages and dont show there negative qualities till much later on..
Yeah yeah, we know that, but 'nice guys' seem to be another species, the way men and women react to the term. So what, exactly, do women mean by nice guy? It's too vague.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:19 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
that means, I'm a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships