Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,025,489 times

Advertisements

This isn't a complaint, just amused perception since the going trend is men usually get friend zoned, not women.

How it started is I posted a vent about online networking on a social website. Of course, this attracted all kinds of male attention. One of them sent me a message asking me out to dinner.

Now, I'm pretty fresh in the dating scene after a very long relationship, and I do have a young child. I'm not exactly jumping into anything serious at this time - but, I certainly will take up an offer for dinner and conversation with another individual that is 1) not family, and 2) over the age of 1.

As a disclaimer, I did mention to him that I did have a young child, but my child is not involved in my social life at this time. Made it clear that I am only interested in social engagements so I can get out of the house, and if a friendship develops from there, so be it.

We met for dinner and it was nice. Had good conversation, no awkward or long silences, had a few common interests. Just a pleasant, no pressure dinner. As we wrapped up, he did ask how old my child is (almost 10 months old). Later that evening, I did send him a message thanking him for the nice time as I enjoyed the food and company. Didn't expect to hear anything from him again.

Yesterday, he sends me a note stating he didn't expect me to be as cool as I am or have so many things in common .. But, my child is too young for him. So, he'd be interested in grabbing a meal or doing something in the future, but just as friends.

There you go, guys... Ladies get friend-zoned, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,480,429 times
I think that's pretty cool. After all, it's easier going out with a friend than a "prospect".

What used to annoy me was when I wanted to be friends with a guy, because I enjoy the company of men, and he automatically assumed I wanted more and started acting squirrelly.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,675,708 times
Hey, having a guy friend nearby to do things with would be cool!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
There you go, guys... Ladies get friend-zoned, too.
Really? So you think that anytime someone does not find you appealing to them, for whatever reason, you have been shot by the horrific friendzone fairy??

Seriously people. Not everyone is going to like you. Get over it.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? So you think that anytime someone does not find you appealing to them, for whatever reason, you have been shot by the horrific friendzone fairy??

Seriously people. Not everyone is going to like you. Get over it.
Exactly. No one has been put in a zone, he's just not that into you.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,326,898 times
No surprise there. Men typically don't want to start a relationship with a woman who recently gave birth to another man's child.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM

No, me saying he friend zoned me is him sending me a message specifically stating he'd like to hang out, but just as friends. Which, BTW, I am cool with. Sheesh, over-analyze a bit much?

I am pointing this out for fun, nothing more. I am not all over myself doing the "woe is me" thing because he isn't knocking down my door to profess his undying love for me. TRUST ME.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
No, me saying he friend zoned me is him sending me a message specifically stating he'd like to hang out, but just as friends. Which, BTW, I am cool with. Sheesh, over-analyze a bit much?

I am pointing this out for fun, nothing more. I am not all over myself doing the "woe is me" thing because he isn't knocking down my door to profess his undying love for me. TRUST ME.
I got what you were saying. Difference is, women don't feel victimized by having male friends who don't want to sleep with them. I have several and love spending time with them, even though I wouldn't mind something more.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
No surprise there. Men typically don't want to start a relationship with a woman who recently gave birth to another man's child.

Well, unfortunately that is my reality and is a result of the child's father walking out on his marriage for another woman. So, his father gets to go have fun while I am now strapped with the stigma of 'another man's child' moving forward.

Men that are shallow enough to pass me by because of it I don't care to have in my life anyway. I don't have time for them.

Men that can open their minds and hearts to another man's child are the quiet heroes in this type of situation. There are those of them out there, I have witnessed their existence.

However, I am too busy being a single mom to a growing and developing child that amazes me more each day to cultivate a relationship right now. My only mission, which I am very clear and upfront about, when going out to dinner with someone is to have a social engagement with another human being that is not a family member or a child. I think a once a month outing like that is something I am entitled to, no?

Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Women by nature will usually abuse the friend zone.
You will be stuck helping her move when she needs to move.Paying for dinner and movie when you go out.Hell i once had a friend in college baby sit for a girl while she went on a date with another guy.
Me and my friends all ended up sleeping and dating said chick while the other friend stayed in the friend zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships