Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:50 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times

Advertisements

I hear this all the time in forums, online, everywhere.

"All women want are rich men,"

"Don't worry pal you just need to have money + looks blahblah"

So imagine you have $2mil in your bank account and you have a job where you make $250K a year. Explain how that betters your odds of getting dates.

In a nightclub, how do you flaunt your money? I see many instances of guys sitting by themselves with their Grey Goose bottles and just watching everyone else. Perhaps they are rich, perhaps they are faking it. I don't know. All I know is, women definitely aren't approaching them.

Let's say you attend a sports group and play volleyball. How do you flaunt your money? Oh sorry, I just dropped my $100 dollar bill and AMEX Black card while doing a serve...

I would have to say that money has nearly no bearing in attracting a woman (i.e. getting a number, getting dates). However, money has huge impact on retaining a woman (second date, relationship, marriage).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Maybe the real rule here is not to believe everything you read on a forum. Not everything is grounded in the reality of real life.

Also keep in mind everything is relative. Some people may chase money. That doesn't make it an overall generalization or that having money is a definate key to being attractive.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
having large amounts of discretionary spending cash means you can pay for lots of nice toys, entertaining events (pro sports, concerts/festivals, etc), out-of-town trips, her shopping habits, her "I can't make rent" moments, etc.

You are attractive because you can provide her the financial security and a stressless entertaining lifestyle as long as she's involved with you. But who and what you're all about is integral in making any magic happen with her.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:14 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
spend more on your haircut , colone, shoes and wristwatch than the average guy in the bar has tied up in his car, Some one will notice. If no one does , go to another bar.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
I hear this all the time in forums, online, everywhere.

"All women want are rich men,"

"Don't worry pal you just need to have money + looks blahblah"

So imagine you have $2mil in your bank account and you have a job where you make $250K a year. Explain how that betters your odds of getting dates.

In a nightclub, how do you flaunt your money? I see many instances of guys sitting by themselves with their Grey Goose bottles and just watching everyone else. Perhaps they are rich, perhaps they are faking it. I don't know. All I know is, women definitely aren't approaching them.

in this scenerio it only helps if you drive up to the front door with your lambo or F5.
Nicer clothes helps your image, but if they don't know you are rich, they wont care. You are still the same guy physically.

Let's say you attend a sports group and play volleyball. How do you flaunt your money? Oh sorry, I just dropped my $100 dollar bill and AMEX Black card while doing a serve...

Haha, yea same here as the club scene.

I would have to say that money has nearly no bearing in attracting a woman (i.e. getting a number, getting dates). However, money has huge impact on retaining a woman (second date, relationship, marriage).
I agree to a point, but if you flaunt your money correctly, some people will notice. But, most likely, the one that notices and dates you BECAUSE of this is the wrong person anyway.
Now, if you get into a social circle of other millionaires, and befriend them and are capable of maintaining their expectations as an individual, you may meet women through these other millionaires. And theres always the possibility that one of these friends is a woman millionaire as well, and Viola! Match made in heaven. Two millionaires riding off into the sunset!!

Or, you could just stop worrying about money and status, and start making friends, and chatting with people and women in social and public places and find someone that likes you for your personality, instead of worrying about 'what ifs'.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
spend more on your haircut , colone, shoes and wristwatch than the average guy in the bar has tied up in his car, Some one will notice. If no one does , go to another bar.
Tons of rich guys dress like slobs. Next time you see a lamborghini, watch who steps out. Chances are, they has bright green khaki shorts, a oversized tshirt, sandals, etc.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
I think guys that say this are saying it because they are only going after supermodel type girls who are out of their league, so they use this as an excuse. I met my bf online at the same time I met another guy (when it rains, it pours) and dated them both around 3 times... my current guy was unemployed at the time, other guy was a developer with money.....when with my guy, I laughed and had fun, with other guy I was sneaking peeks at my watch and bored.....picked my poor but funny guy, who I had more in common with and more fun with.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Well lets see.

A LOT of girls like fun. A lot of REALLY fun things cost money. Weekend trips to vegas. 50 ft yacht. You name kt. Guaranteed if you are a normal dude and have a 50ft awesome cruiser boat, you can FILL it with chicks every weekend. Meet a few hot ones, mention you have a sweet boat and tell them to bring their friends, settled.

Other way to do it.

Meet some guys who clearly have zero issues meeting girls. Get them to round up the chicks, throw badass theme parties at your mansion, pool parties, boat parties. Wanna date the girls? Like I mentioned. Badass dates. Weekend getaways. Always have bottle service for her and her friends. Vip parking with your $100k car at your club.

I coukd go on and on and on and on. It would be BEYOND easier. Youd still have to be relatively normal. If you have a short temper, are a jerk, super obese, deformed, etc, it may be hard.

Some dudes on here that are crying over every little thing that happens on a date are probably hopeless regardless of hoe rich they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
I've never heard of a millionaire complaining about not getting women. Or getting nothing but unattractive women. I have heard them complain about gold-diggers, but not about attracting women. Women like men with power and money. Beautiful women have an advantage over ugly ones and men love beautiful women. Power+Money=Women. Ever seen a bar or club when athletes show up? LOT'S of attention from gorgeous women.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Of course. Generally blowing money to meet women and you may lose your millionaire status quick. The average millionaire was married at a young age far before he accumulated wealth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships