Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Many millionaires lead very modest lives. A million isn't what it used to be. These days you have to be a multi-millionaire in order to have money to play around with. If you haven't heard of millionaires complaining about not being able to get women, it's because you don't know any millionaires.
I am one.

Have you not read my status that's been up for months???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 02:20 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,431,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
The only male millionaires who don't attract the hottest women in the world are gay.
Huh? Homosexuality is about who you are attracted to - not who is attacted to you.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,207,383 times
[quote=techcrium;30785899]
Let's say you attend a sports group and play volleyball. How do you flaunt your money? Oh sorry, I just dropped my $100 dollar bill and AMEX Black card while doing a serve...
[quote]

No, but if you pull up to the volleyball game in a nice car wearing nice clothes with nice accessories, and no ring on your finger, someone will probably put two and two together, especially when you combine that with the fact that you can take a day out of your week (since volleyball is fun, and a lot of it is smack talk, plus a few games, plus lunch/dinner or drinks afterwards).

1. You use the money to enrich your life and the lives of your friends/family. You go out and do interesting things with interesting people. You have more than enough money to live on and your life, while interesting is stable. You have a nice home, nice car, etc.

2. Woman notices this. You get to talking, she finds out what you do, how you do it, where you go, and who you do it with.

3. Woman observes that not only do you have enough money for yourself, you have enough to do things with and for others. You're stable.

4. Woman decides to stick with you because you offer not only stability, but a different and possibly far more interesting lifestyle.

See? Not that hard. A lot of these details can come out when you're just meeting someone for the first time, so you don't have to say "Hey, I've got millions of dollars and I'm awesome. Come be my woman, dammit!" It subtly clues a woman in that you're not only available, but you're what is called "a catch". She knows that she will likely be well taken care of, as well as any offspring, even if you split down the road.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 AM

11,812 posts, read 12,060,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
I hear this all the time in forums, online, everywhere.

"All women want are rich men,"

"Don't worry pal you just need to have money + looks blahblah"
And the funny thing is, it's mostly said by men.

It's not women looking for rich men, but we keep getting told that's what we want, that all we care about are looks, status, fame. Nevermind the fact that we say that character and personality are crucial, and beyond initial attraction to a guy, if there is no substance, and he can't provide for himself, we won't be interested.

It's just another excuse some guys use when they can't get the women they want.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,305,115 times
People are generally most comfortable dating within a few steps of their own social class. Money is part of it, but not nearly as important as many people seem to think. Values are much more important, and to some extent there is a strong correlation between class values and money.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,614,076 times
Money helps, but it really isnt that big of a deal when it comes to attracting women. Unless you are interested in dating gold diggers, in which case its a must. Money and looks are way down the list of important traits for a man to have, believe it or not.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,812,506 times
I think what it is, is that ambition and drive in life are what are attractive... it's a type of passion if you will. That just happens to come along with money too because a lot of men put that drive in their careers. But a man just as dedicated and who puts his ambition into a charity or a cause is just as attractive. Why do you think the dirt poor, struggling artist or musician is so attractive? Or the man who is in the local band has his own "Groupies" (he will never make it big, but he and his groupies don't care... he's out there singing his heart out). It's not money for sure--it's the passion they put behind their ambitions.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 AM

663 posts, read 779,315 times
[quote=JordanJP;30865430][quote=techcrium;30785899]
Let's say you attend a sports group and play volleyball. How do you flaunt your money? Oh sorry, I just dropped my $100 dollar bill and AMEX Black card while doing a serve...
Quote:

No, but if you pull up to the volleyball game in a nice car wearing nice clothes with nice accessories, and no ring on your finger, someone will probably put two and two together, especially when you combine that with the fact that you can take a day out of your week (since volleyball is fun, and a lot of it is smack talk, plus a few games, plus lunch/dinner or drinks afterwards).

1. You use the money to enrich your life and the lives of your friends/family. You go out and do interesting things with interesting people. You have more than enough money to live on and your life, while interesting is stable. You have a nice home, nice car, etc.

2. Woman notices this. You get to talking, she finds out what you do, how you do it, where you go, and who you do it with.

3. Woman observes that not only do you have enough money for yourself, you have enough to do things with and for others. You're stable.

4. Woman decides to stick with you because you offer not only stability, but a different and possibly far more interesting lifestyle.

See? Not that hard. A lot of these details can come out when you're just meeting someone for the first time, so you don't have to say "Hey, I've got millions of dollars and I'm awesome. Come be my woman, dammit!" It subtly clues a woman in that you're not only available, but you're what is called "a catch". She knows that she will likely be well taken care of, as well as any offspring, even if you split down the road.

1. I am comparing a guy earning $50K a year to a guy earning $250K a year. What advantages does the guy earning $250K a year have when meeting women? How does that guy flash his money?
I am comparing Average Joe to Joe MIllionaire

2. Most sports games occur where parking is a walk from the venue so most women won't know what car you are driving when you pull up. Even so, it is not hard to "appear" rich by leasing a BMW

3. You can dress nice without expensive clothes. The dude making 50K a year can look just as sharp as the dude making $250K a year.

4. You don't need a ton of money to do "interesting" things. Sure if you are on welfare, you can't afford anything. But for the average dude, he can definitely afford to play sports, go out, eat out several times a month.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,440,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
I hear this all the time in forums, online, everywhere.

"All women want are rich men,"

"Don't worry pal you just need to have money + looks blahblah"

So imagine you have $2mil in your bank account and you have a job where you make $250K a year. Explain how that betters your odds of getting dates.

In a nightclub, how do you flaunt your money? I see many instances of guys sitting by themselves with their Grey Goose bottles and just watching everyone else. Perhaps they are rich, perhaps they are faking it. I don't know. All I know is, women definitely aren't approaching them.

I would have to say that money has nearly no bearing in attracting a woman (i.e. getting a number, getting dates). However, money has huge impact on retaining a woman (second date, relationship, marriage).

You are missing the point. Rich guys still have to do their share of intiating the contact. Unless one is famous as well then that is not so applicable. Of course once the woman gets the impression he is wealthy in many cases that is going to enhance his appeal big time.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,614,076 times
Enhance maybe, but thats about it. Being physicaly attractive will enhance your chances as well, but neither is a dealbreaker for most women. Money and looks are perfect excuses for guys who lack one or both, for their misfortunes and lack of success with the opposite sex. The reason they are perfect excuses, is that these arent easily changeable, in case of looks perhaps not at all, and they both stand for external reasons for your failures. It is much harder to take the proper path and actually look yourself in a mirror for a few minutes, introspect yourself as a person and seek internal reasons for your lack of success with women. Because that is where you will always find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships