Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Amen. If you've read The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker, he says following your gut feelings will prevent most violent or dangerous encounters
You all need to stop telling women this. There is a large contingent of women in this country who pretty much think every guy is going to rape and kill them. Any guy who isn't super suave and talkative they immediately call "creepy" and literally feel like is going to rape them. For these women, their gut is NOT going to help them.

My god, I once met a woman at a meetup who said she would often get scared before meetups and just watch the Big Bang Theory for 2 hours instead. Yeesh, talk about social anxiety/fear (they're related in this context). Imagine how many guys THAT girl thinks is "creepy" and how wrong she is the majority of the time - in other words, that girl isn't getting a date. (And no, I didn't ask her out and she rejected me, trust me, I wouldn't approach that bag of crazy with a 40 foot pole)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
You all need to stop telling women this. There is a large contingent of women in this country who pretty much think every guy is going to rape and kill them. Any guy who isn't super suave and talkative they immediately call "creepy" and literally feel like is going to rape them. For these women, their gut is NOT going to help them.

My god, I once met a woman at a meetup who said she would often get scared before meetups and just watch the Big Bang Theory for 2 hours instead. Yeesh, talk about social anxiety/fear (they're related in this context). Imagine how many guys THAT girl thinks is "creepy" and how wrong she is the majority of the time - in other words, that girl isn't getting a date. (And no, I didn't ask her out and she rejected me, trust me, I wouldn't approach that bag of crazy with a 40 foot pole)
haha bag of crazy..

yeah i agree, if a woman says she is "scared" or doesn't feel comfortable then it sends up red flags. I once had a woman tell me that she was afraid of men because of the lifetime show on tv. Guess who I didn't ask out? Women are social, if you give them a chance, they will tell on themselves.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,763,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Any guy who isn't super suave and talkative they immediately call "creepy" and literally feel like is going to rape them. For these women, their gut is NOT going to help them.
Fact.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Not wanting to be with a guy who is quick to anger is not necessarily about being afraid of him. My ex was an angry guy but he wasn't abusive, and I wasn't afraid of him. I think uncontrolled anger is a sign of immaturity and weakness. Who wants to deal with that kind of high maintenance crapola? It's annoying and embarrassing.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,833 times
OP, you need to make up your mind. You have twenty different "worst things" a man can be. Do you have anything good to say?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
its very unfair but a man who loses his temper loses a woman. the woman who loses her temper gets a new diamond.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
OP, you need to make up your mind. You have twenty different "worst things" a man can be. Do you have anything good to say?
Seriously I would rethink the relationship.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM

117 posts, read 179,512 times
it's funny how these traits listed as horrible for men are traits I find kind of sexually arousing when dealing with the opposite sex. I'm not saying i'd want to be in a relationship with an angry women, but it'd be interesting for a least a short period of time. maybe it's because I have confidence in my boxing ability...

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan2 View Post
it's funny how these traits listed as horrible for men are traits I find kind of sexually arousing when dealing with the opposite sex. I'm not saying i'd want to be in a relationship with an angry women, but it'd be interesting for a least a short period of time. maybe it's because I have confidence in my boxing ability...
You should date my ex. Anger is a grand ol barrel of craps and giggles.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I do? Please, do elaborate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships