Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,910,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know quite a few guys like that.

For me, its the obese guys (we had a lot of good ole farm boys where I grew up) that constantly make fun of 'fat chicks' and describe in great detail what is wrong about a woman's looks while chugging a bud light and wearing stained, holey clothing. These guys think they deserve a supermodel because they 'work hard' and are 'manly'.

A lot of them do have girlfriends but openly say they'd get rid of them if something better came along.
I know several of these guys too and they drive me nut. The worst is when they can't figure out why I won't date them because "women don't judge" and then they insult me because I have standards.

Like Robert mentioned the guys who date way too young also irritate me. Another group of people that annoys me are the parents dating. I get it, even parents want someone. I have no issue with that. What I do have an issue with are those who tell me I am too picky or the worst are personally offended because I don't date dads. One relative (a woman)got mad at me for this because she said I make it hard for all women like her (she's a single mom). Not sure how I make it hard on her but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,978,536 times
Anyone who wants to share their feelings about a relationship. People that talk about their relationships, and worst of all.. anyone that talks about their relationship problems.

Save it for the shrink, your best friend or a messageboard... but don't talk to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Anyone who wants to share their feelings about a relationship. People that talk about their relationships, and worst of all.. anyone that talks about their relationship problems.

Save it for the shrink, your best friend or a messageboard... but don't talk to me.
What if it IS your best friend? I'm assuming you are answering about casual acquaintances. But, if someone was among my better friends, I would call them on their BS patterns.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,978,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What if it IS your best friend? I'm assuming you are answering about casual acquaintances. But, if someone was among my better friends, I would call them on their BS patterns.

I'm talking about casual acquaintences, but my best friend would know what I'd respond to. A relationship isn't worth putting up with a b*tch.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,016,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
.... irritate you in other people? And for which you generally don't get along with them ...

Have you noticed some of your friends, acquaintances, coworkers and whatnot have "established" dating patterns? And then you notice that you don't get along with those people on an almost consistent basis. Generally, I'm typically talking people/friends of your own gender, though it could be both.

For me, I'm annoyed and don't typically get along with:
- guys who exclusively date women who are RIDICULOUSLY younger than them, and
- American guys who want to exclusively date non-American Asian women

List those dating patterns which you neither comprehend nor get along with when exhibited by others.

The OP asks to all haters to vent their relationship dislike in others....

Live you own life and stop worry about how others live theirs.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
The OP asks to all haters to vent their relationship dislike in others....

Live you own life and stop worry about how others live theirs.
I can live my own life, Dr., and still be irritated by things.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,016,340 times
the thread sounds like group therapy, and reminds me of the the stuff that creates unseemly female gossip and banter. it's something most men find shallow in women who engage in it, and it's even more distasteful when a man engages in it. i'm sorry if that offends you (not intended to do so) but best if you know how it looks to other guys, or at least this guy.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM

117 posts, read 179,801 times
i'm pretty open, but I don't gel with men who enjoy being boy toys/

Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,957,096 times
I know a guy who says he hates, hates drama with a passion. Here's the zinger: he dates women who roll in drama .

Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,085,919 times
I find judgmental people to be a turn off. So what if someone dates exclusively Asians. It's none of your business.

Stop being irritated by other people's dating choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships