Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

^^^ It's easy enough to get ultrasound pics - heck, you can download them. Pick a trimester, any trimester ... !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,692 times
ohwow. i figured she would text them to you. i wouldnt advise her going to your house. at this point, the way u made her out to be unstable and untrustwrthy, i wouldnt even think the Dna test would be a good idea because she could tamper with the results.

SttResident, yeah its easy, but i was thinking an ultrasound with the date, her name and the medical place she had her ultrsaound supposedly done at. i would think that would be harder to provide.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post
She did reply eventually to say that she could provide them. and do i want her to mail them or bring them over. but at this point i'm going to tell her i don't even want to see them because i don't think it's mine. and if she wants anything else from me to contact me in 9 months so we can get a DNA test to prove its mine. otherwise I don't want any contact with her. we'll see how she reacts to this...
Did you take our collective advice and call a family law attorney? Because I don't think the conversations you're having with this woman are very wise at all.

Yeah, I realize that she's probably a whackjob. But she can either be the whackjob with whom you have reasonably cordial relations with until she delivers the child and paternity can be proved, or you can continue doing and saying the things you just described and ensure that things get really, really hostile. Right now, you're practically guaranteeing a seriously messy outcome.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Is there a possibility that condom broke? If so, she could have been pregnant. Don't rule it out completely. She could be an unstable person, she could even be mentally ill or confused, but she could also get pregnant by you. No need to beat yourself up at this point for your poor judgment or decision, you need to figure out a way to deal with it.

First of all, do not do things with this woman alone. Even if she suggest you pay for her abortion, do not deal with her alone. There is a DNA test can determine the father of the fetus (I don't know what it calls) but it is rather painless, easy procedure. You do not have to wait for so long.

I honestly do not believe an attorney can help you at this point. If this woman is pregnant with YOUR child and she has no desires getting an abortion, what are you going to do?

But I highly doubt this is your child.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM

36 posts, read 66,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Did you take our collective advice and call a family law attorney? Because I don't think the conversations you're having with this woman are very wise at all.

Yeah, I realize that she's probably a whackjob. But she can either be the whackjob with whom you have reasonably cordial relations with until she delivers the child and paternity can be proved, or you can continue doing and saying the things you just described and ensure that things get really, really hostile. Right now, you're practically guaranteeing a seriously messy outcome.
I'm not sure why you think my interactions are unwise. I haven't said anything incriminating or that would otherwise imply that I accept responsibility as the father. Furthermore, on countless occasions she has said that she places zero liability or responsibility on me. So I don't see the harm in cordially saying that I think it is best if we discontinue contact. I almost think continuing to have any type or interaction with her is tantamount to admitting that I agree that the child is mine.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure why you think my interactions are unwise. I haven't said anything incriminating or that would otherwise imply that I accept responsibility as the father. Furthermore, on countless occasions she has said that she places zero liability or responsibility on me. So I don't see the harm in cordially saying that I think it is best if we discontinue contact. I almost think continuing to have any type or interaction with her is tantamount to admitting that I agree that the child is mine.
she might say it now, but legally, if you are the father, you are financially responsible for this child.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I wouldn't burn too many bridges with her. If you are the father then you're going to be dealing with her for the rest of your life.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM

36 posts, read 66,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
she might say it now, but legally, if you are the father, you are financially responsible for this child.
Yes, I totally realize that but at the time if we get a DNA test and I'm the father, that;s the reality I'll deal with. Until then, I'd prefer not to have any interaction with her at all. I think taking this route might lead to her coming clean, or telling me she had an abortion or miscarriage, so that she can continue her interaction with me. And then I would know for sure. If not, at least I can spend the next 9 months without her in my life in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, I totally realize that but at the time if we get a DNA test and I'm the father, that;s the reality I'll deal with. Until then, I'd prefer not to have any intera
ction with her at all. I think taking this route might lead to her coming clean, or telling me she had an abortion or miscarriage, so that she can continue her interaction with me. And then I would know for sure. If not, at least I can spend the next 9 months without her in my life in any way, shape or form.
make sure you dont sign the child's birth certificate. My bro signed it knowing the kid is not his. He signed anyway because the mother said, "Do me a favor." He stuck with child support

Old 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Let me review:

1) You've already demanded evidence.
2) You've already contested the child is not yours in the absence of any proof. You might as well have put up a billboard by her house that read, "Nine Months' Forecast: Lawsuit."
3) By saying you now don't want to see them, you're muddying the waters. Might as well pretend that you're halfway interested at least for her welfare. That way things don't get bad until they have to.

Seriously. Call a family law attorney. Now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships