Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM

36 posts, read 66,191 times

Advertisements

I joined an online dating service out of curiosity a month ago. First time ever. Not long after I joined I was contacted by a woman suggesting we get together for a night of casual sex. I was a little apprehensive because she seemed way too comfortable with the idea of meeting a complete stranger for such a night. But I decided to go for it in the end. She came over, we spent the night together, and had sex three times, with a condom every time. After that I felt unhappy with the decision and regretted it. I decided I didn't want to do something like that again because it made me feel cheap and slutty. So when she started to text me asking when we could do it again, I told her I didn't think it was a good idea and that it would be best for us to go our separate ways. I didn't feel that I owed her anything because she contacted me in the first place and I was very clear from the start that I didn't want a relationship of any kind. But she kept texting me like every day, multiple times a day, trying to pressure me into meeting her again. I held my ground and said I didn't want to, and I was very polite about it. The texts just kept coming and eventually I got a little more stern in my response, making it very clear I don't want anything else from her. Period.

Then, no texts for a week. I thought it had all blown over. Then I got a text from her three days ago saying that she missed her period, and asking if I wore a condom. I said yes, I was very careful and that if she's worried to buy a preg test. She allegedly then took two tests and texted to say they were both positive. Ahhh!!! I said it was probably someone else's since I was so careful and I assume she's been with other people since she was so quick to come to my (a stranger's) house for sex. But she says she was not with anyone else in the month--only me. I don't think I believe that. I don't trust her at all.

My mind keeps reeling through possibilities, like maybe she was already pregnant, and looking for someone to put it on. Or maybe she's lying about being pregnant to get back at me for not wanting to continue our discrete relationship. The last thing I want is a kid with this woman because she strikes me as a little crazy and unstable. Do you think she could be lying to me? Messing with my head? Would a woman do that? I guess if she says she's pregnant and it's mine I could ask for a Dr. letter proving it and stating the predicted date of conception. She doesn't want an abortion, so if she carried it though I'd have to wait and get a paternity test.

What do you think? Would a woman be capable of lying about something like this to manipulate or torment me? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Please provide feedback, I'm a little panicked here.

Thanks so much in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM

264 posts, read 308,924 times
Interesting first post.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
She may be lying or she could be telling the truth. You barely know her but it wouldn't be the first time someone got pregnant from a one-night stand. You'll have to wait for the paternity test. Sorry dude.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post
I joined an online dating service out of curiosity a month ago. First time ever. Not long after I joined I was contacted by a woman suggesting we get together for a night of casual sex. I was a little apprehensive because she seemed way too comfortable with the idea of meeting a complete stranger for such a night. But I decided to go for it in the end. She came over, we spent the night together, and had sex three times, with a condom every time. After that I felt unhappy with the decision and regretted it. I decided I didn't want to do something like that again because it made me feel cheap and slutty. So when she started to text me asking when we could do it again, I told her I didn't think it was a good idea and that it would be best for us to go our separate ways. I didn't feel that I owed her anything because she contacted me in the first place and I was very clear from the start that I didn't want a relationship of any kind. But she kept texting me like every day, multiple times a day, trying to pressure me into meeting her again. I held my ground and said I didn't want to, and I was very polite about it. The texts just kept coming and eventually I got a little more stern in my response, making it very clear I don't want anything else from her. Period.

Then, no texts for a week. I thought it had all blown over. Then I got a text from her three days ago saying that she missed her period, and asking if I wore a condom. I said yes, I was very careful and that if she's worried to buy a preg test. She allegedly then took two tests and texted to say they were both positive. Ahhh!!! I said it was probably someone else's since I was so careful and I assume she's been with other people since she was so quick to come to my (a stranger's) house for sex. But she says she was not with anyone else in the month--only me. I don't think I believe that. I don't trust her at all.

My mind keeps reeling through possibilities, like maybe she was already pregnant, and looking for someone to put it on. Or maybe she's lying about being pregnant to get back at me for not wanting to continue our discrete relationship. The last thing I want is a kid with this woman because she strikes me as a little crazy and unstable. Do you think she could be lying to me? Messing with my head? Would a woman do that? I guess if she says she's pregnant and it's mine I could ask for a Dr. letter proving it and stating the predicted date of conception. She doesn't want an abortion, so if she carried it though I'd have to wait and get a paternity test.

What do you think? Would a woman be capable of lying about something like this to manipulate or torment me? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Please provide feedback, I'm a little panicked here.

Thanks so much in advance.

Yes women are very manipulative and can lie about this!! She could be telling the truth and actually be pregnant but I would be cautious as she does sound a little unstable. She could have been pregnant and looking for someone to blame or the condom could have ripped and the baby is yours? I don't know but I would get a paternity test once the babies born.....my opinion I really don't think the babies yours that is if she is pregnant.

I would ask to go to her doctors appointment and find out how far along she is etc, she would not know for roughly 3 after you had sex if she was pregnant. I found out I was pregnant when I was 3 weeks apparently that's the earliest you can find out.....

Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,259,196 times
So when it became clear that she was guano crazy, why did you continue responding to her texts?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I would ask to go to her doctors appointment and find out how far along she is etc, she would not know for roughly 3 after you had sex if she was pregnant. I found out I was pregnant when I was 3 weeks apparently that's the earliest you can find out.....
Today is exactly three weeks after we had sex! That's a good idea, though. Go the Dr. with her to find out how far along she is. How accurately can a Dr. estimate the conception date?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,341 times
DNA Testing is there for a reason.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM

691 posts, read 1,426,705 times
You should have kept it in your pants, this type of clingy person is the worst type of person to deal with. Hopefully in your case, she's lying.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So when it became clear that she was guano crazy, why did you continue responding to her texts?
I guess I'm too nice. I felt like as a$$ just not responding. But perhaps that is what I should have done.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,239 times
of course she is lying to you. The fake pregnancy scare is one of the go to moves for girls. She was pissed off you rejected her so she went with her finishing move to reel you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships