Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
She pretty much texted me saying that some of her nursing peers (who are students on my unit and who I help precept) have been saying that I was going behind her back with other girls that they know..
I'm wondering whatever happened to this issue. Did this ever get discussed, or was it an excuse she came up with do take time off from the relationship, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 AM

38 posts, read 223,022 times
Peerless - Just a thought...you are both nurses. Maybe you can offer to study with her to help prepare for her exams or proofread her papers and case studies. To reinforce the idea that this is all "business" you can meet up at a study room at the campus library. Nothing reinforces that "you and me against the world" feeling than some old fashioned teamwork. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM

199 posts, read 301,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering whatever happened to this issue. Did this ever get discussed, or was it an excuse she came up with do take time off from the relationship, or what?
It did.

She told me she never believed it, and that she thought her classmates were just trying to start stuff. It was brought up and shot down pretty quick.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Quote:
It did.

She told me she never believed it, and that she thought her classmates were just trying to start stuff. It was brought up and shot down pretty quick.
Well, it doesn't make any sense and is very suspicious. I have never had "friends" or coworkers randomly tell me crap about an SO.

Capitol, the OP keeps going back against all reason and common sense because she gives him little, tiny rewards every time they talk, but not a total commitment. It's like a vending machine that gives you a Coke every third time you put money in.

She'll say "I need space," but still be all pitiful and say "I love you" when he caves and calls her.

OP has to trust the process and really, totally pull away for it to work. But he won't.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM

199 posts, read 301,395 times
Well for those of you who care, it's been a week and I haven't talked to her, I also haven't heard from her.

I know her semester and clinical rotation are both coming to the end of the semester before break, but I haven't received any sort of communication from her. Maybe she's just in the zone? Or maybe she just doesn't care anymore.

With that said, thanks for all of the replies in this thread, I appreciate it.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM

39,309 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
So I pretty much asked "are we in a relationship or are we single", and she said single, but she still loves me this and that and that she doesn't want this to be forever but she just needs to get things straightened out.

I'm literally SHAKING typing this btw.... I love this girl, and hearing this I feel like she doesn't love me anymore. She texted she doesn't want us to go in different ways... but isn't she?

It's like she wants me to be on call and there for her when things settle down... but I think that's stupid!??

I'm so lost right now.
Well, when somebody tell you loud and clear who they are, believe them.

She TOLD you she's single, and she still cares for you, believe her. At least she did not make up a story and seeing other men behind your back. She is straight forward with you and did not lead you on. Give the girl some credits.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM

38 posts, read 223,022 times
Quote:
Well for those of you who care, it's been a week and I haven't talked to her, I also haven't heard from her.

I know her semester and clinical rotation are both coming to the end of the semester before break, but I haven't received any sort of communication from her. Maybe she's just in the zone? Or maybe she just doesn't care anymore.

Peerless - You have a lot of people on this board who are rooting for you. Please keep us in the loop about what is going on. Keep the faith, my friend.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,488,546 times
Quote:

I have to say it again: you've been dumped. She wanted out of the relationship for whatever reason, but didn't have the decency to make that plain to you. As a result, she has moved on and you are still suffering.

She is the villain here, not you. People aren't obligated to stay in relationships they no longer want, but doing what amounts to a disappearing act is just despicable. You have been as patient and reasonable as you could be. I hope that soon, you can look back and see what a creep she really was. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,579,597 times
Let me guess she still hasn't contacted you yet. Not surprising since we told you that already. She has little feelings for you now. Do you think she would do that to Brad Pitt? Hell no because she doesn't want to risk losing him.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Brad Pitt is pushing geezer-age at this point. Why is it always about Brad Pitt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships