Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised any doctors are ever married. Never will you find a more arrogant group of people, with a bigger Napoleon complex, than the medical doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardener View Post
I know a woman (former high fashion runway model) incredibly gorgeous, owns her own profitable business, sweet/genuine, brilliant, hilarious, fantastic dresser, not picky, who can't get a date no matter what she does. So who knows?
Good to know. And some of the guys here keep saying that women have "a gazillion" options, they get hit on constantly all day, every day, etc.

Where did you meet her, btw?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe he's our very own ShortDoctor, with a loser attitude and an entitlement complex. ShortDoctor posted once that he only wants women from Ivy League colleges.

That's pretty picky.
Man, that is SUPER Picky. I am certainly not qualified lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM

204 posts, read 911,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
so what do you think this runway models problems are? No matter what, she cannot get a date? Why is that in your opinion. thank you
The only reason I mentioned her, was because she doesn't have any real issues (maybe too tall and she's 43). My point was that maybe he doesn't have any issues at all. Maybe everything about him is great and nothing ever clicked.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardener View Post
The only reason I mentioned her, was because she doesn't have any real issues (maybe too tall and she's 43). My point was that maybe he doesn't have any issues at all. Maybe everything about him is great and nothing ever clicked.
I see, thank you.

But you see, when a woman is 43, it is very unlikely that she will ever become a mother. That will be a huge deal breaker for many men..

Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Six years ago, I created a profile on match.com and I had several great dates from guys I found on that site. I found a doctor at that time and he was 36 year old at that time. I didn't contact him at the time because he was a little too old for me at the time.
Well, six years later, I went back to match.com because I recently became available again.
I found this doctor and obviously he is still there on match.com

I contacted him and very quickly got a reply. I told him that I remembered him six years ago and obviously, he did not have much luck on this site, I also asked him some general questions here and there. He told me the reason he did not find anybody on this site is because he was way too picky. He said none of the dates progressed to date three.

Well, he sounds like a gentleman, but I am afraid he has some underlying issues he did not disclose. How can you be on a dating site and all the women you've seen cannot even pass the third dates. Am I wasting my time for even continuously talking to him? Your thoughts thanks
Would you be OK w/ others thinking the same things about you? You obviously are back on the site too.
My point is...why wouldn't you give him the same benefit of the doubt as you will be expecting of others towards your reappearance 6 years later also. Give it some thought. Hope you find a wonderful person, good luck to you.
Edit: After reading the whole thread I see he admitted to having been on this same site for 6 years.

Last edited by JanND; 02-04-2013 at 08:01 PM..

Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I see, thank you.

But you see, when a woman is 43, it is very unlikely that she will ever become a mother. That will be a huge deal breaker for many men..
I think the point was that she got to this point, age 43 and still single, because she hasn't been able to get dates all this time, probably with a few exceptions. She wasn't 43 all her life, you know.

I think jgardener makes a good point. Sometimes it's a matter of just not having met the right person. Probably with a model, the nice guys were too shy to approach, so the only guys who approached her were the more arrogant types, or ones who only wanted sex, and all that. I know a woman who was gorgeous, but she only ever got approached by sleazes. So she gained 50 lbs., and suddenly, the nice guys who had thought she was out of their league before, began to approach her. She's happily married now to one of those guys. It's kind of sad how great guys, decent guys, take themselves out of the running with this "league" mentality. Everybody loses. A lot of gorgeous women just want a nice, down-to-earth decent guy.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM

204 posts, read 911,824 times
Quote:
I think the point was that she got to this point, age 43 and still single, because she hasn't been able to get dates all this time, probably with a few exceptions. She wasn't 43 all her life, you know.

I think jgardener makes a good point. Sometimes it's a matter of just not having met the right person. Probably with a model, the nice guys were too shy to approach, so the only guys who approached her were the more arrogant types, or ones who only wanted sex, and all that. I know a woman who was gorgeous, but she only ever got approached by sleazes. So she gained 50 lbs., and suddenly, the nice guys who had thought she was out of their league before, began to approach her. She's happily married now to one of those guys. It's kind of sad how great guys, decent guys, take themselves out of the running with this "league" mentality. Everybody loses. A lot of gorgeous women just want a nice, down-to-earth decent guy.
Thanks for clarifying for me

It's true, my point was she's never been married, being very attractive and/or having your life together can be intimidating. I don't ask out anyone significantly more attractive or significantly more financially stable because I'm not comfortable with it.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:

But let's talk about this gorgeous model for a little longer. Do you honestly believe she will find a decent man in the future? I think her chance is slim. and I will tell you why.

A. Many unmarried men or divorced men her age or slightly older than her would want kids. She cannot provide that, this will create a problem in the marriage.

B. Many men who are divorced with kids would want her, so her choice will go down to single fathers. Will she be completely happy dealing with other people's children? Only she can answer that question. She has to deal with men with baggages.

C. Her best shot is a successful good men who does not want kids in the future. Where can she find such men? Where?

Men and women are so different when they age. Men over 40 are still considered to be in their prime, women over 40.. This is exactly why when women reached to a certain age 30, we all get a bit desperate. (weather we want to admit it or not.) I am only being honest here.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM

She can marry guys with kids or guys whose kids have already grown, or guys who don't want kids. Women get married at all ages, I see no reason to view it negatively. I personally don't know any women over 30 who feel desperate. That never would have crossed my mind. But it depends on whether or not the women want kids. Most of the single, 30+ women I know have never been interested in having kids. I don't think finding men who don't want kids is any more difficult than finding men who are compatible for any other reason. You find them by getting out there and circulating, and by telling friends that you're looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships