Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:39 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,887,057 times

Advertisements

Ok, so here is my question....you get contacted via email. You respond with the thank you for your interest, but I do not think we are a good match. (whether it's age, or you are not attracted to them physically, interests are different, etc) then you get an email back saying you are racist. Anyone else had this happen? How do you respond to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,953,672 times
I've never done online dating, but I'd recommend just ignoring this person and not responding to the email in any way.

It sounds like dating sites have trolls and you encountered one of them.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,920,121 times
No but had a guy tell me I must hate white guys because I rejected him and because I mentioned I would date men of other races. I rejected him because he had a bunch of baby mamas.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,822,829 times
Was it TVSG?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,887,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Was it TVSG?
NO, it was not TVSG....LOL!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM

601 posts, read 760,464 times
LMFAO...people really do that?
well i get called racist all the time by women

Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 PM
J24

448 posts, read 865,822 times
If I'm not interested I simply don't reply. It usually works out better that way. If I am interested, I'll message you or reply. If not, move on. I don't see a point of messaging them with "sry nothx. next?" If anything that'd just be taken as insulting. I think silence is your best letdown.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 PM

13 posts, read 46,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Ok, so here is my question....you get contacted via email. You respond with the thank you for your interest, but I do not think we are a good match. (whether it's age, or you are not attracted to them physically, interests are different, etc) then you get an email back saying you are racist. Anyone else had this happen? How do you respond to that?
Never experienced that, but I have had a couple of guys to fly completely off the handle an call me a b*tch. They also continued to harass me online. I blocked those guys and contacted the site administrator. They were banned from the site.

That being said, I would recommend blocking people who respond to you that way...no need to respond to them. If they continue to contact you or harass you, contact the site admin.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM

14,373 posts, read 18,443,570 times
I don't respond to guys I'm not interested in as a general rule. The few times I have politely declined, I've almost inevitably gotten a nasty email back - which amusingly confirms the correctness of my decision to decline their advances.

An insecure and angry idiot is going to lash out any way he can, as a general rule. You were a racist to this guy, but to the next guy you might be a snob or a golddigger or a liberal/conservative patsy, or an ice princess, etc.

There are some AWESOME guys online, but let's face it: A good percentage of people who are single and desirable are going to go online as a dating option, but ALL the undesirable people are going to end up online because it's basically their default option.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,668,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I've never been called "racist", but I have gotten "Oh, you must not like white guys." I just don't respond because the truth (Actually, yes I do like white guys but I'm just not into you) would probably be harder for them to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships