Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM

146 posts, read 388,298 times

Advertisements

So my ex popped back into my life somewhat and the logical part of my brain says stay far far away. We dated for 6 months, things moved really fast, but then she started being distant and it all culminated with her punching me on a vacation we took. I later found out her being distant was because she liked some other guy (I'm not sure if she was ever with him or that she just wanted him)

After said vacation we would talk every couple months, say we missed each other but never made plans.

Well last week we actually went out together, it went pretty well overall, we kissed and said we should do it again.

Friday she invited me to meet her downtown, but I actually crashed my car on my way to see her.....I want to be able to laugh about it, thank god for car insurance.

Here's the thing, I need to get this woman out of my life.

1. She drinks and goes out way too much for my liking....4 nights last week.
2. I think shes using me to distract her from some guy who doesn't want her.
3. She punched me in the face
4. Doesn't seem to have a bright future if she doesn't try to be responsible (shes 23)
5. I don't trust her at all.

I can probably think of more reasons, this is mostly me just venting. I'm sure she will text me either tonight or tomorrow. Should I just ignore her or explain that I don't want to see her or talk anymore? Is there anything good that can come of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Sorry for the thread title, I'm literate, I promise.....Gotta proofread.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracorp View Post
I can probably think of more reasons, this is mostly me just venting. I'm sure she will text me either tonight or tomorrow. Should I just ignore her or explain that I don't want to see her or talk anymore? Is there anything good that can come of this?
Perhaps, but are you willing to make that gamble? She punched you in the face! We discussed this issue on another thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...me-abuser.html
If you do pursue her, do so slowly and with caution. Perhaps continue to look for someone new rather than to revisit old memories that may not be pleasant. Whatever you do, good luck!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,706 times
Quote:
So my ex popped back into my life somewhat and the logical part of my brain says stay far far away. We dated for 6 months, things moved really fast, but then she started being distant and it all culminated with her punching me on a vacation we took. I later found out her being distant was because she liked some other guy (I'm not sure if she was ever with him or that she just wanted him)

After said vacation we would talk every couple months, say we missed each other but never made plans.

Well last week we actually went out together, it went pretty well overall, we kissed and said we should do it again.

Friday she invited me to meet her downtown, but I actually crashed my car on my way to see her.....I want to be able to laugh about it, thank god for car insurance.

Here's the thing, I need to get this woman out of my life.

1. She drinks and goes out way too much for my liking....4 nights last week.
3. She punched me in the face
4. Doesn't seem to have a bright future if she doesn't try to be responsible (shes 23)
5. I don't trust her at all.

She sounds great!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM

Shes out again tonight.....Monday funday? The drunk texts/calls will commence in about t minus one hour lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
If she isn't making you happy be honest and tell her you need to move on. That's all you can do really. She doesn't sound like she respects you very much. To me respect is ranked higher than love actually. When I feel respected I feel loved.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 PM

326 posts, read 478,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
If she isn't making you happy be honest and tell her you need to move on. That's all you can do really. She doesn't sound like she respects you very much. To me respect is ranked higher than love actually. When I feel respected I feel loved.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,570 times
Quote:
Doesn't it seem to happen like this all the time? I mean, every woman I have ever been with who started acting 'distant' turned out to be cheating on me, or just interested in some other guy while dating me. I really don't understand why they couldn't be straight forward, and just say what they really wanted to say instead of causing all the extra stress and drama for both of us. So, for you younger inexperienced guys out there, when you feel like the woman you are with is acting 'distant' it's most likely that she is already plotting to leave you, unless the other guy rejects her, then she'll stay with you, so she doesn't have to be alone. Anytime I feel that 'distance' with a woman nowadays I immediatly start looking for what else is out there behind her back, so that way I can be a step ahead of the game.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,570 times
Quote:
From my perspective, here goes your answer right here. This is why you should drop her like a bad habit.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux View Post
Doesn't it seem to happen like this all the time? I mean, every woman I have ever been with who started acting 'distant' turned out to be cheating on me, or just interested in some other guy while dating me. I really don't understand why they couldn't be straight forward, and just say what they really wanted to say instead of causing all the extra stress and drama for both of us. So, for you younger inexperienced guys out there, when you feel like the woman you are with is acting 'distant' it's most likely that she is already plotting to leave you, unless the other guy rejects her, then she'll stay with you, so she doesn't have to be alone. Anytime I feel that 'distance' with a woman nowadays I immediatly start looking for what else is out there behind her back, so that way I can be a step ahead of the game.

Yeah I think all of this is true. Some honesty would be nice at times eh?

I totally failed at my plan to ignore her last night. She texted me (probably drunk) saying how sorry she was about everything and how she would like to be with me again. I can appreciate her being sorry but I still don't trust her because of her track record.

Guys, if you break up with a girl and don't contact her you will finally get out of your system and you'll be more or less fine with everything. Do not let her back in to your life like im doing. I made peace with it all and now I'm stressing about her again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships