Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,193,302 times

Advertisements

I think it's weird that you only want to work for and have a "strictly platonic" relationship with a rich woman.
If a rich man offered you this dream job, would you not take it?

The home part sounds great. Start saving now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,569,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post
I am a thirty something middle class professional man who admires very rich women and fellow middle class women in somewhat different ways:

I admire greatly the wealth, power, forcefulness, aura, ability to influence, classiness, elegance. I look up to them tremendously.

However, I also admire fellow middle class women as peers who I could see myself having a deep friendship, marriage, and relationship.

While I find great luxurious mansions, fun to look at, and visit they would not necessarily be a home for me. I would prefer a more normal suburban house with a nice patio, two levels, nice inside, and basement, in a nice middle to upper middle class neighborhood.

So, while I would find it fascinating to be around an extremely wealthy person, in a wealthy enviornment, and to assist in wealthy matters, I may not want the responsibilities of wealth full time and to manage my own fortune.

So, here is my dream relationship/lifestyle:

Have a day job working at her in mansion/foundation/business office for a extremely wealthy woman enjoying her presence and leadership and using my analytical and professional skills to assist her in some capacity such as in-house lawyer, foundation director, enjoying the thrill of implementing the objectives of someone who I truly look up to and admire. While, I enjoy working for her and admire her, our relationship stays strictly platonic.

After work, I come home to a nice suburban well sized, but not mansion home to a smart and beautiful middle class wife who is a true peer. We then watch movies together, have great discussions, and share in projects together. We have great equal love for each other and thanks to my great middle to upper middle class salary working for the wealthy woman, my middle class wife and I go on great romantic vacations, bonding in recreation and even intellectual adventures.

My questions are the following:

1. What do you think of such a dream?

2. Is it unusual to want a working relationship or other such relationship with a member of the opposite sex you look up to, but to prefer a romantic relationship or marriage to a true peer?

Thanks verymuch
Michael, sorry but you sound like an adolescent girl. Do thirty-something men really think about this stuff like that?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,292,819 times
Quote:
I am a thirty something middle class professional man who admires very rich women and fellow middle class women in somewhat different ways:

I admire greatly the wealth, power, forcefulness, aura, ability to influence, classiness, elegance. I look up to them tremendously.

However, I also admire fellow middle class women as peers who I could see myself having a deep friendship, marriage, and relationship.

While I find great luxurious mansions, fun to look at, and visit they would not necessarily be a home for me. I would prefer a more normal suburban house with a nice patio, two levels, nice inside, and basement, in a nice middle to upper middle class neighborhood.

So, while I would find it fascinating to be around an extremely wealthy person, in a wealthy enviornment, and to assist in wealthy matters, I may not want the responsibilities of wealth full time and to manage my own fortune.

Have a day job working at her in mansion/foundation/business office for a extremely wealthy woman enjoying her presence and leadership and using my analytical and professional skills to assist her in some capacity such as in-house lawyer, foundation director, enjoying the thrill of implementing the objectives of someone who I truly look up to and admire. While, I enjoy working for her and admire her, our relationship stays strictly platonic.

After work, I come home to a nice suburban well sized, but not mansion home to a smart and beautiful middle class wife who is a true peer. We then watch movies together, have great discussions, and share in projects together. We have great equal love for each other and thanks to my great middle to upper middle class salary working for the wealthy woman, my middle class wife and I go on great romantic vacations, bonding in recreation and even intellectual adventures.

2. Is it unusual to want a working relationship or other such relationship with a member of the opposite sex you look up to, but to prefer a romantic relationship or marriage to a true peer?

Thanks verymuch
I think it is a terrible thing to idealize relationships to the point that anyone, no matter how wonderful that person's qualities might be, is a disappointment.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Kind of sound like this.

The Proposal (2009) - Dance Scene w/ Sandra Bullock, Betty White and Ryan Reynolds - YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,533,377 times
1. I don't think it is a very realistic dream.
2. It is kind of confusing how you keep saying you are really "turned on" by a successful strong woman, but in this dream your relationship with her is purely platonic.
3. So are there any kids involved in this dream? I guess not for awhile at least if you and your middle-class "wife" have romantic vacations all the time.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 AM

19,979 posts, read 30,346,743 times
its good to dream, its good to set goals,

as long as you realize the road to your goals are paved by your own efforts, if the road is given to you, you will never appreciate it in the long run.

good luck with that dream- successful roads are two way streets, not one way,

Old 03-01-2013, 03:34 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,971,800 times
Quote:

Thanks verymuch
I assume you are single currently?
And you want to he surrounded by all this money, and these beautiful wealthy women ?
Cool man, I think everyone wants those things.
As for YOUR actual dream, I guess if that's what floats your boat.
1. You have high expectations. Good luck with acheiving all that. If acheive such a dream, write a book and publish your story. I wouldn't mind such a life.
2. I don't think it is too odd. I have worked for many guys, and many guys are not cool to work with or for.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,620,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Sounds like a massive fail to me. You want to work in a mansion for a wealthy woman??? Da hell???
The one and only time I've ever agreed with you. This guy might have been high on acid when he wrote this abortion of a thread.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,181,473 times
I think it is a good dream and then you wake up and wipe the drool off your chin…

First of all there would be no respect from the wealthy woman because you would be a dime a dozen…
So while your dream job would be handling an estate and giving legal counsel and getting some benefit for working for a wealthy woman? Where is your Hard on actually coming from? The fact, the reality while this may be your dream job?
Are you sure you are a dream for your mentor? Platonically speaking? People like you are expendable and if no sex is involved? You are most replaceable…no appreciation for the grand things you accomplish because in reality you are the hired help…the part of her well oiled machine…

Now you state reality makes you want to share your sexual life, your aspirations and the norm that makes a real relationship possible? With someone at your level? More realistic and attainable…happiness spikes up at the rate of 200%..

But hey dreams are dreams for a reason…lol

Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,524,061 times
i think you have it so planned out that
(a)-it will never happen exactly like that
(b)- you will F it up so royally, you will lose it ALL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships