Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,068 times

Advertisements

So I have a girl in class and I don't personally talk to her. She sits behind me but a bit to my right. So I can't really talk to her or maybe I'm a bit shy as I don't want to see like a creeper lol.

We do have class group discussions every class and so she's in my group now with about 5-6 other people. Though in our group we talk about our school work and out of our group, I only talk to the guys behind me.

No my original plan was

Valentine's day I have class at night sadly ha ha 6-9pm. I was thinking of getting this girl a Valentine's day card and "maybe" chocolates or something else. But right now a card for sure. Not sure what I'll write it it, but make it anonymous and leave my number or email in it.

I was planning on coming and hr or more earlier to class and leaving it at the seat she sits at. So when she arrives she will see it and hopefully check it out.
But my new plan now is that I found out we WILL NOT have class on valentines day. We get the day off, which means no class. So I am thinking of giving her the valentines day card this thursday and will state that I wanted to give it then, but couldn't because we don't have class. I'm thinking of just handing her the card when the class ends and we all head out for the night.

Anyway not sure if the idea is insane or what or if she would even like it. I guess I don't know if she even has a b.f. My guess would be no.. I never see her on her cell phone ever.

I gotta say the first day I saw her in class about 2 weeks ago.. my jaw dropped lol. I got so nervous I had to avoid looking and I never have seen a girl who looks so pretty, but also is smart and laughs a lot. She has an amazing and cute laugh!

Well I guess maybe I am looking for tips or to see if what I am doing is right? It feels right to me provided plans go MY WAY lol. And that means, that I don't go one or 2 hrs earlier to class and find out she or someone else is already there staring me down LOL.

Initially I was going to leave it with my professor and for him to give it to her. But, he doesn't have an office, so there is no way I could anonymous;y get it to him for him to pass it on for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM

102,319 posts, read 108,515,277 times
You're in college? This might work in highschool, but in college guys usually just talk to the women they're interested in. At the end of class, ask her if she'd like to grab lunch with you sometime.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM

19,979 posts, read 30,346,743 times
send her an e-card....less risk...you know little about this girl,,,dont come on too strong..

Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,522,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryt223 View Post

No my original plan was

Whatever you do, don't do it anonymously. What are you going to do if she thinks it's someone else?

[make sure she knows it's you]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 02-06-2013 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
lol man, read Ruth4Truth's post again.

My first day of class, the first thing I do is sit in the room and scope out the entire class for every hot girl I see. The hottest one I see is the one I talk to first.

If you're hesitating, you're losing. If you're thinking about going way early to bring a card, you're going to look like a desperate wuss.

Don't do that crap for women, they don't want that stuff from random guys they aren't dating. Do that stuff when you've been in a relationship and it will pay off. Instead of thinking about valentines day, ask her out for this weekend or she'll be going out with a different guy.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM

102,319 posts, read 108,515,277 times
The thing is, OP, it's not really a "cold approach". You have nothing to be nervous about, because she already knows you from the in-class group work. A confident guy would have no problem asking her to lunch (coffee, whatever), because there's already some form of acquaintanceship there. So, be that confident guy. Be casual, don't tell yourself your entire future and self-esteem hang in the balance. They don't. You have a 50-50 chance. Just smile, and ask when she has a break in her schedule for a snack.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,047,282 times
Take off your pants in front of her.

Make sure to wear clean underwear/boxers though. No one wants to see your chocolate stains.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,289,158 times
I would avoid the card or chocolate thing personally... Thats a pretty strong gesture for someone you have in group discussion. Forget about valentines day its not 1st grade where you can get away with that. I was never really a fan of anonymity. Fine line between intrigued and creeped out...

I would simply ask her if we could talk after class when your in your discussion. Something along the lines of " hey could i talk to you really quick after class i wanna ask you something" she will say ok sure.

If she says something like "well what is it?".... thats kinda not what id wanna hear but id just say something like "its no big deal id rather wait till class is over"

hopefully she just says "yea sure"

Then you get her outside class and you say something like, " can I take you out sometime?"

Not hard, Im not sure if being cheesy is still qute so i dont know if you should ask her to be your valentine or what.

When I approach women now im just straight up, im in a different "scene" though, the more real you are the better I think....less potential for a "false advertisement"

just get it out and dont think about it, youll feel better just doing it and getting a result, If she turns it down, its best to respect her and tell her its ok no big deal i just think your pretty.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
I would avoid the card or chocolate thing personally... Thats a pretty strong gesture for someone you have in group discussion. Forget about valentines day its not 1st grade where you can get away with that. I was never really a fan of anonymity. Fine line between intrigued and creeped out...

I would simply ask her if we could talk after class when your in your discussion. Something along the lines of " hey could i talk to you really quick after class i wanna ask you something" she will say ok sure.

If she says something like "well what is it?".... thats kinda not what id wanna hear but id just say something like "its no big deal id rather wait till class is over"

hopefully she just says "yea sure"

Then you get her outside class and you say something like, " can I take you out sometime?"

Not hard, Im not sure if being cheesy is still qute so i dont know if you should ask her to be your valentine or what.

When I approach women now im just straight up, im in a different "scene" though, the more real you are the better I think....less potential for a "false advertisement"

just get it out and dont think about it, youll feel better just doing it and getting a result, If she turns it down, its best to respect her and tell her its ok no big deal i just think your pretty.

I really doubt the OP will come back, but I think this can stand for a lot of people having similar questions.

Just be up front and ask them out. If they say no, who cares?

It doesn't take a grand gesture to get a girl to want to do a quick date. Not only does it NOT take a huge gesture, it's weird to make it out to being something big.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,068 times
oh I'm here

Well my plan was to give her a simple vday card.. nothing lovey doveyjust says hope you have a fun valentines day.
I guess I didn't update my post, but no chocolates or anything else. Just a nice simple card.

I was thinking of HANDING it to her and in the card it would have my name.. though I'm SURE she knows my name already. It's been said in class many times from various people.

The weird thing is.. asking girls about this I get a totally different answer than guys? Most guys have said it is a horrible idea.. but girls are telling me it;s an awesome idea provided I GIVE it to her, so she KNOWS who it's from. And that all the girls I talked to wish someone would do it for them and it's not creepy as long as the girl KNOWS it's from me.

Also people here have to remember we have class from 7pm-9:30pm.. and heck she might be working too. So the last thing she wants is for me to ask her out or bug her LOL. I remember last day in class in our group discussion she looked like she was going to pass out. So I guess she was super tired. And our classes are long.. 3hrs! Everyone usually wants to go home and sleep including me!

As far as I see it.. and this is just my own opinion. But if I give her the card.. the worst that happens is she dislikes me and we don't talk. Though we don't talk much right now either. We talk in our group about class questions, but other than that we don't talk about personal stuff. So I see it as if I give it.. I don't lose much? And I see her only once a week and maybe only for another 5-7 weeks meaning I will only see her about 5-7 more times at the most.

There seems to be more upside, because IF she is interested well then I'm sure she would hint that we should talk. If not.. then it would be the same as it is now. We would just talk in a group discussion and that's about it. It's not like I'm going to have a class with her again.

Then again I could be wrong too.. but I feel if I don't take this chance now, then I won't ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships