Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 AM

803 posts, read 1,881,011 times

Advertisements

idontdateyou,

your new profile sounds alot better. u come off more approachable in the second one than u do in the first one.

Also, you saying that your animals are your "kids" doesnt sound crazy, it sounds like u are an animal lover! and since u are looking for someone to share your interests and have things in common with you.. that guy, whoever he is, will see u calling your animals as kids cute and not crazy.

good luck!!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,607,051 times
idontdateyou, i am in a similar situation to you, snm, catholic, early
40's, but male.. (far from your radius)...
I am surprised you haven't tried the Catholic dating sites, there
is Catholic Match, Catholic Mingle, TraditionalSingles (Latin Mass crowd)
Catholicdatingforfree, and for the "most" serious about marriage,
Ave Maria Singles.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 AM

633 posts, read 724,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
another 30 page thread...awaits us!!

All I have to say is your profile limits you...I mean to demand never married/childless in a man in his 40's...its going to limit your chances big time....
That's what I'm gonna say too. I too am never married/childless when I was active online and while I prefer the same. I don't mind divorced guys. In fact I married a divorced guy with a son. He does not have relationship with his son though.

Actually just watched a millionaire matchmaker epi and the matchmaker said divorced guys actually are keepers since it shows they are not afraid of commitment and they know how to live a marriage life, buying houses, raising kids, etc.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,291,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I'd say I have pets, I wouldn't say I'm their mommy or they're my kids on my dating profile though...
This is true. My last girlfriend was really obsessed with her (3) cats. So obsessed that it ended up being a turnoff for me. Just say you have pets. No need to say your pets are your like your kids. That's already assumed.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I tamed down the never married, childless part, and this is non negotiable. I want the men to know my dog, cat and bird are my kids.
I usually run when I hear women talk like this.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
That's what I'm gonna say too. I too am never married/childless when I was active online and while I prefer the same. I don't mind divorced guys. In fact I married a divorced guy with a son. He does not have relationship with his son though.

Actually just watched a millionaire matchmaker epi and the matchmaker said divorced guys actually are keepers since it shows they are not afraid of commitment and they know how to live a marriage life, buying houses, raising kids, etc.
Wow it never cease to amaze that people take advice on life from reality TV shows. Lol, if they're divorced that means that they were NOT good at marriage life and commitment.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 AM

633 posts, read 724,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Wow it never cease to amaze that people take advice on life from reality TV shows. Lol, if they're divorced that means that they were NOT good at marriage life and commitment.
How so? Because the 2 divorced guys I encountered - 1, I dated, 1, I married were divorced because they were cheated on. It's not always the guy's fault why the marriage fell apart. In fact both of them wanted the marriage to work. It's their wives who wanted out.

By the way these 2 guys were married for years. I understand if they divorced britney style LOL like married for hours only or 1-2 years. Then yeah they're no good.

Last edited by angelinajolie; 02-06-2013 at 07:30 AM..

Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,394,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
idontdateyou, i am in a similar situation to you, snm, catholic, early
40's, but male.. (far from your radius)...
I am surprised you haven't tried the Catholic dating sites, there
is Catholic Match, Catholic Mingle, TraditionalSingles (Latin Mass crowd)
Catholicdatingforfree, and for the "most" serious about marriage,
Ave Maria Singles.
Very good post.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM

803 posts, read 1,881,011 times
the right guy for her is not gonna run away or be turned off when reading that her animals are her kids.it shows a sense of humor and a love for animals and since she feels that strongly about her animals then im sure she wants to date someone who loves animals and the right guy for her is going to think that calling her animals "kids" is endearing.

one time, i was away from home and i was feeling homesick.. so i called up my parents and wanted to talk to my dog. yes! my dog, because i missed her very much and there i was talking to my dog u know, in dog talk. i wasnt barking or anything, but i wasnt talking about the weather either! i was just telling my dog that i missed her and after this semester i will come home and see her and we will go hiking and play fetch and throw a frisbee around.

i was in a cafe. well, a guy was sitting nearby me and he told me that he has never heard someone pick up a phone to call their dog and that he thought it was awesome that i did that. he had animals too and showed me his dogs back home. to this day, hes still one of my best college buddies. im sure if a non animal lover heard me talking to my dog they wouldve thought i was crazy/ to each their own i guess/

Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,966,111 times
After reading this thread (great job, IDDY and Meh!), I think there may be a business in online dating profile writing. Think resume writing or matchmaking advice, but online. I just KNEW I would come up with a way to swim in gold coins one day!!

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.