Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,629,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I hate treadmills. They are about one of the most worthless things around. I don't care for tracks. We do our pack test on a track. The pack test is a 45 pound pack, usually worn around your chest. You have 45 minutes to pass the test, which is a 3 mile walk. All this so I can go fight wildland (grass and forest) fires.

It sounds easy but usually is a major ass kicker. If you can carry the weight lower and get a better stride it is easier.
The only difference between a treadmill and a track is the environment, but they are both booooring.
I tried out with the local FD once and the first part of the physical test was 3 min on a stair climber..........with a 75lb vest > .
I made the cut.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 AM

8,761 posts, read 9,514,113 times
Back in the days when I used to visit the gym often, I spent a good hour to two hours on the tread mill each visit. It was those darn music videos that kept me from getting bored. I wouldn't exactly call what I was doing running more like jogging.

Kick up some guns n roses and I was set.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,585,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
He must be a smart guy.

It's worse if you are running on a track with a constant head wind all the while thinking "how in the hell is this possible?"
At first I thought "how in the hell is this possible?" Then I thought "eh, it's South Dakota." LOL. I'm not a huge fan of tracks either. I hate running in circles and not getting anywhere.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,959,186 times
Quote:
The only difference between a treadmill and a track is the environment, but they are both booooring.
I tried out with the local FD once and the first part of the physical test was 3 min on a stair climber..........with a 75lb vest > .
I made the cut.
I would love to do the combat test.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:00 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,145,246 times
Hmmm...some woman that works for my husband baked him cookies.

This pisses me off. He must have realized it would **** me off because she gave them to him on Friday and he just took them out of his bag today (Sunday).

Bake cookies for your own damn man. Mine does not NEED your suck-ass cookies.

Now, I'm sure you all think I'm over-reacting...and I'm sure I am. But the only time I bake FOR another person is if I really like them and I would never bake cookies specifically for another man if he was married. In my family growing up, cooking for someone is a sign of affection. Hopefully this is not universal and just on my demented, Italian side of the family...LOL

Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I made the cut.
They are boring...but if you can let your mind wander it's actually not that bad. I love to daydream on the treadmill. No chance in me tripping and flying like superman through the air and landing on concrete . I do prefer outdoors though. Actually I prefer trail running but my husband has talked me out of that unless I have a partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Back in the days when I used to visit the gym often, I spent a good hour to two hours on the tread mill each visit. It was those darn music videos that kept me from getting bored. I wouldn't exactly call what I was doing running more like jogging.

Kick up some guns n roses and I was set.
I throw some songs on a playlist to vary my tempo. Sometimes it's a good run, sometimes it's a light jog depending on the song. It's a good way to build up your speed though.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

This pisses me off. He must have realized it would **** me off because she gave them to him on Friday and he just took them out of his bag today (Sunday).

Now, I'm sure you all think I'm over-reacting...and I'm sure I am. But the only time I bake FOR another person is if I really like them and I would never bake cookies specifically for another man if he was married. In my family growing up, cooking for someone is a sign of affection. Hopefully this is not universal and just on my demented, Italian side of the family...LOL
Want to get him back? Bake some cookies and ship them to me. You know the address.
Quote:
They are boring...but if you can let your mind wander it's actually not that bad. I love to daydream on the treadmill. No chance in me tripping and flying like superman through the air and landing on concrete . I do prefer outdoors though. Actually I prefer trail running but my husband has talked me out of that unless I have a partner.

I throw some songs on a playlist to vary my tempo. Sometimes it's a good run, sometimes it's a light jog depending on the song. It's a good way to build up your speed though.
Not bad advice no matter where you run.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Want to get him back? Bake some cookies and ship them to me. You know the address.
Slick...lol

Old 06-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Slick...lol
And think how coy you could be about it and really rattle his cage.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,514,113 times
Quote:

No, you aren't over reacting. That woman needs a beatdown. Even if it's only for his ears. Now if she baked cookies for everyone in the office, that would be different. Hope she didn't add her own special sauce to the batter. I've heard some strange things from a few southern women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships