Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times

Advertisements

You obviously know what is best. Cut all ties with this person and don't let them back in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
This is why bad boys will always win

Old 02-07-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This is why bad boys will always win
Is being able to easily develop relationships with women who resent you for being a jerk really a win?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Is being able to easily develop relationships with women who resent you for being a jerk really a win?
Honestly Do you think the bad boy cares if she "resents him" if he's having sex with her?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Honestly Do you think the bad boy cares if she "resents him" if he's having sex with her?
Some do. I have seen "bad boys" get very angry and vindictive towards the women they have been with, when those women finally reject them, cut them off, etc.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
If bad boys don't change they end in jail, alone, or dead.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I find that eventually most women will give in to the bad guy at least once, and probably more if they are damaged in some way.

I've never suffered this problem before, but when I identify someone who's a "bad girl" I just drop her like a bag of onions and quit thinking of her.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,548,795 times
We have a friend who finally kicked her bf out. Through all of it, she still has feelings for him, even though he's a sociopathic douche bag. It's now known he was wooing other women while living with her and at some point convinced one to fly up after she kicked him out. We're thinking that there's a possibility she'll let him back in after he gets out of prison for parole violation because she hasn't fully broken contact.

The only way to get over him is to fully break contact. If you don't, you'd be enabling him to take advantage of you.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
this is why nice guys cop an attitude...... you get burnt with a loser, and then want to build another fire..??
But the guy described in the OP is SOOO hot. Doesn't that make it all worth it ?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM

41 posts, read 42,839 times
I know how you feel.
I just broke up with an a**hole just like that.
After lots of times that I tried to break up with him but ended up calling him back because I missed him.
After a year of playing this game I decided exactly what you wrote...that it's better to cry myself to sleep for a week and then move on and find someone who's at least worth it, than to keep in touch with him and always being miserable.

If there's something I would add, is that I assure you you won't be able to find someone new until you completely let go of this one.Even if you say you'd be just "friends".You'll find and excuse to stay with him, and then another excuse and another...

I also agree with what "the minx" said.
Every time I thought about calling him back , or picking up the phone when he called after I told him to go f*ck himself (and he did call...A LOT.) all I had to do is remember how it was lying in bed in the middle of the night and hearing how his phone rings and knowing it's another girl...how I cried when he would just get up, make up a lame excuse and ditch me for her.
How he would take a photo with every girl in the world, but not with me.
How he would buy presents for somebody he met A WEEK ago, but never bought me a single thing in the year I've spent on him...
You know what happened then? My wish to see him turned into a wish he would get hit by a truck.
I no longer missed him. I no longer wanted to talk to him.
All I could think about was "good riddance!!"

I think you should do that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships