Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,349,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I'm fairly sure the closest thing we have to that here will only guarantee she recieves it in person, but nothing more.
No.
You send her a letter.
You write a note saying you want the watch back
Inside the envelope you put a second envelope with a frimarke and your address. That way she can just drop the watch in and send it back.

I still think you should go to polisen and see what they say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 03:53 PM

22,413 posts, read 29,560,395 times
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. What a clam to do this!! I wish you luck and keep us posted!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,591,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.
You send her a letter.
You write a note saying you want the watch back
Inside the envelope you put a second envelope with a frimarke and your address. That way she can just drop the watch in and send it back.

I still think you should go to polisen and see what they say
I feel like the police is a last resort option... it will take weeks before they even open the casefile in my experience... last time I had to deal with the police it took them over a month before they they told me they were looking into it and had some question... by then that issue was already solved and forgotten...

It gets documented, but that's not a benefit of neither me nor her...

Part of what I learned about her the evening I spent with her is that she doesn't have any scruples about lying and using her good looks to have her way... which is why I didn't want to to continue seeing her, her reason for not wanting to see me is probably the fact that we ran out of conversation... how she got mad at me I have no idea.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:59 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,349,458 times
Quote:
I feel like the police is a last resort option... it will take weeks before they even open the casefile in my experience... last time I had to deal with the police it took them over a month before they they told me they were looking into it and had some question... by then that issue was already solved and forgotten...
I don't believe that the police will be able to do anything
Just advise you of what you can and cannot do

Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM

102,277 posts, read 108,356,167 times
Quote:
I'm fairly sure the closest thing we have to that here will only guarantee she recieves it in person, but nothing more.

Edit: had it looked up, if I send that it requires that she willingly walk tot he post office to show her ID in order to recieve it, feels more like a waste of cash than anything else... it requires her to tdo stuff but does not guarantee me anything.
No, you send this self-addressed, pre-stamped, insured envelope inside another ordinary one that will get delivered to her mailbox. Inside is a request that she drop the watch into the insured envelope, and mail it to you. This will give her an opportunity to return the watch to you without seeing you or talking to you.

If she doesn't take this opportunity, then you would have no choice but to go to her apt. and confront her in person. The reason it would be advisable to exhaust all other options before doing that is that she could call security or authorities on you. It could be construed as harassment or stalking.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM

61,986 posts, read 87,653,804 times
I think, she wants to keep that watch. Give to someone or sell it. Otherwise she would give you the watch back.

Can't you wait till she is at home and then send a friend to pick up the watch?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,577,453 times
Quote:

It gets documented, but that's not a benefit of neither me nor her...

Part of what I learned about her the evening I spent with her is that she doesn't have any scruples about lying and using her good looks to have her way... which is why I didn't want to to continue seeing her, her reason for not wanting to see me is probably the fact that we ran out of conversation... how she got mad at me I have no idea.
She's probably mad because you kissed her (still thinking that you would score) even after you realized that there was no real chemistry between you. If she 'kissed the soldier' and then you gave an indication that you weren't really interested in her then she is definitely angry.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,285,613 times
Why didn't you ask her to leave it under the doormat or something?

If she continues like this (damn I'd love to have been a fly on the wall on that date) then your only recourse is the courts.

The cops won't touch it., it's a civil matter not criminal.

Issue her with a summons to court...you can serve it to her at work. That'll fix her.

Ppl hate being served at work. Hahhaha.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,436,437 times
Quote:
Yeah ok so what do u guys think of this plan:
1. I'll go to her place and say "hello I want my watch back".
if failed
2. I turn to the police
if failed
3. I make a plea to her father and hope I can infuse some common ground in understanding the relation between a father and a child and why it's important to me... and hope he'll pursuade her (there are 4 possible people in her area that can be her father so I'll call all of them in that case)
if failed
4. Harass her within the limits of avoiding legal punishment...
Ask the police to meet you at her house to get your watch.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,285,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Ask the police to meet you at her house to get your watch.
They won't go.

It's a civil dispute. There is no crime.

If OP starts harrassing her, that's another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships