Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times

Advertisements

Since we are near V-Day, I thought about posting this thread, so here goes.

The other day I was sitting at the bar at Hooters during happy hour (there's one near work so I drop by at times to kill traffic time instead of being stuck on the freeway), and a guy (good looking) walked up next to me to pick up his take out. One of the hooters waitress who is married said "you smell fantastic!" and began a conversation.

I usually don't wear it at work because I think it's distracting for my work and status. I guess I think it's more of a going-out-tonight touch instead of using it all the time. Then when I was married, my wife liked it when I used as I prepared to go to work, especially as I kissed her goodbye to say "have a good day", yet I always wondered what others thought of a married man using cologne in the work place, i.e., still sending out signals of availability???

What are you tips and rules on men using cologne?

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 02-09-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
What are you tips and rules on men using cologne?
I never use it.

Women still complement me on my smell.

Edit:
I also only bathe once or twice weekly.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 PM

haha, the other day I got my regular haircut from my usual female barber and she said, "I love that you always smell soapy, like fresh washed clothes." Yeah, if I could find cologne that has the fresh cleaned smell or cool water, that's more my style for work.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
haha, the other day I got my regular haircut from my usual female barber and she said, "I love that you always smell soapy, like fresh washed clothes." Yeah, if I could find cologne that has the fresh cleaned smell or cool water, that's more my style for work.
Cool Water by Davidoff?

I like the clean-smelling guy too. Those who take showers once or twice a day.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
I usually just use deodarant unless its a really nice occassion. I hate how every guy uses Axe and all that crap, stuff smells horrible!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I usually just use deodarant unless its a really nice occassion. I hate how every guy uses Axe and all that crap, stuff smells horrible!
LOL... Axe reminds me of groups of 13 y.o. boys going to the mall or a middle school dance. I don't know any men who wear this.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Cool Water by Davidoff?
That cologne name and scent never matched up for me, but maybe im wrong. Sometimes I think guys have a different take on cologne scents, like when the waitress said "you smell fantastic", I thought it was a "loud" scent, but guess different women like different scents.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
try stetson, a little dab will do you for a week...

Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
Cologne and perfume are like intimate apparel. Only someone who is extremely close to you should get a hint of it.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
-use just the right amount, too much cologne is a definite turnoff and makes you look like a dumbass. I use it on occasion when going out or dressing up on a special occasion. Just a little dab and rub itgently behind your ear. If you kiss women on their chieck when greeting or saying goodbye, they will be able to recognize it even many hours after its applied, at the right moment.

- use a unique cologne and be consistent with it. Using a unique cologne consistently will always remnd women yuve spent time with of you, even if you havent seen them for awhile. Thats when you at times get a call or a text, months after you havent had any contact.

- spend a little more. With mans cologne, often you get what you pay for. My absolute favorite is Creed Himalaya, but it can cost close to $200 a bottle. Its easy to justify spending a little more, since it lasts for a very long time.

_ i also suggest showering more than once a week, unless you dont mind smelling like a heap of garbage. Since I do intense work outs daily, not showering isnt even an option for me. I shower 2 or 3 times a day because of it, and always feel and smell fresh and so clean, clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships