Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:00 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,320,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
"Why do some women prefer drama in their lives?"

Why do some people prefer roller-coasters? Same reason: some people prefer the peaks and valleys of life instead of just riding the proverbial merry-go-round. I'm not saying I'm a drama-lover, but I'm saying that it's understandable to me why some people like to ride the bigger waves (so to speak).
with your analogy of bigger waves (drama and excitement) as opposed to the proverbial merry-go-round (no drama and boring) and I would never dream of asking anyone to choose one over the other as it is definitely a personal choice.

That being said, when one manufactures bigger waves in their life (drama and excitement) then one must be prepared to accept the possibility that the rider of the proverbial merry-go-round (no drama and boring) will refuse to be sucked into the vortex of the bigger waves and will instead remain on terra firma, happily ignoring the exciting drama which is unfolding, right before their very eyes.

Thereafter the rider of bigger waves will be in a constant search for someone to bear witness to their exciting and breathless riding of the bigger waves and someone will have to remain vigil in a continuous state of preparedness in order to rescue the rider of bigger waves when (not if) the need arises (and the need will arise again, and again, and again, ad nauseum).

No thanks and thank you for thinking of me, but yeah, I'm just not up to muster. I prefer instead to prepare myself (as best as one can) for the real life dramas that this thing called life delivers to us free of charge and without any effort on our part.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 02-11-2013 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Spelling...again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM

633 posts, read 724,565 times
Why do SOME women love having drama in their lives?

My first thought is they're attention hos. Something is not right in their head. I loathe drama in life! I agree with the other poster, most likely
they came from a chaotic family. They are soooo used with the chaos that is their life that they don't feel normal if they are in peaceful relationship.

Pity, really.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
The real question is, why do you care to understand why they are that way? Avoid those women and move on to the ones who aren't that way. Life is too short.
Agreed. OP, learn how to recognize those types of people and keep your distance from them whenever possible. This is no different than any other type of person who makes you feel uncomfortable.

It's unlikely that you'll ever change anyone who frequently has drama.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,727,557 times
They believe that creating that excitement makes them intriguing, that they live exciting lives or are a source of secret gossip. In reality they are probably boring, tedious instigators who overreact about everything.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,668,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
First off, I said some, not all women. Not all women love drama, but there is a certain segment of women who seem to always have drama in their lives. I'm sure they secretly enjoy since quite a bit of them will start new drama when their life is peaceful. Ironically these are the type of women who say they want no drama in their online dating profiles. Explain to me the mindset of this type of woman who constantly is involved in drama and loves to gossip?
Habit and sometimes they're addicted to it. Some are also not too bright and unknowingly bring it on themselves.

That said I like peace but i prefer to be the more "exciting" person in the couple.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
Ah yes, the perfect people of CD clearly are above drama. That is for "other people". Some might label what goes on in these forums as "drama".

Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,186,389 times
Everyone experiences drama in their lives - but there is a difference between creating and living through it. Some people need it so they create it even when it is not there. Those people are rarely truly happy and they can't recognize what's really going on.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,060,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

That said I like peace but i prefer to be the more "exciting" person in the couple.
What do you mean by this? That you like to be the one to propose a cliff diving vacation in Acapulco, or you like to be the one to keep communicating on a "friends-only" basis with the ex- you dumped for doing too much coke?

The first is exciting. The second is drama.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,941 times
entertainment? its like living your own movie hehe

Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,922,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because their hot and are demons in the sack.
Well then, hook up with them and tolerate the drama. Your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships