Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,828,273 times

Advertisements

There is a Taylor Swift song with lyrics "He doesn't like it when I wear high heels but I do". That made me think of something fascinating yet disturbing (from my point of view). Women who wear heels only consider a man's height when selecting a man. His opinion of heels means little or nothing..at least at first.

This can create a sort of high heels love triangle. I'll use myself as an example. I'm a shorter man and love to see women wear heels. I thnk they look very, very attractive. I probably have more of a love and appreciation for women wearing heels than 99%+ of men, including men much taller than myself. Yet a woman who likes to wear heels would reject me "I can't be with him, I like to wear heels". Yet that same woman could choose a man who is exactly like the character in the Taylor Swift song. Plenty of men don't like women to wear heels and it has nothing to do with height. It's a dominance thing or sometimes insecurity. Some men just don't want women to look sexy.

A couple of other thoughts about this. As heels have become more rare it seems women have become more self-conscious of who they wear them around. I think back to the 1980s when heels were more common and women wore them around anybody without giving it a second thought. It was just normal. I never heard talk back then like I do today of women only wearing heels with tall men.

Also, why is it that big a deal if a woman becomes taller than a man with heels on? Why must the man always be taller? In a sense this is women insisting that men are always physically more domiant then they are.

Finally If given the choice between paying a woman to wear heels with me in public or having sex I would choose heels in public. It goes beyond my semi-fetish for heels. I want to be seen, in particular by those who think it's wrong for a woman in heels to be taller than a man. That would be so much fun. I only bring up paying for it because I don't believe any women in this era would do it otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,698 times
<profound>

Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times
It's kind of funny to me, but women who want a man who's taller than they are because they feel that they are more protected, which simply isn't always true. Speaking from experience of course.

Personally, I could care less if women want to wear heels or not. I honestly do not ever look at the kind of shoe she's wearing because it's just not important.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,828,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
<profound>
Thank you. I did put a lot of thought and feeling into that post. Hopefully you weren't being sarcastic. If so, I'll just say I have never done the same. If I respond to someone I'm always respectful, even in disagreement.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM

It was legitimately well thought out and I didn't really have a comment so I told you I thought it to be profound.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,321,370 times
Wearing heels is terrible for a woman's health.

I would encourage all women to throw away all of their heels

Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
OP, just because you didn't hear that kind of talk back when, doesn't mean it didn't occur. On the other hand, a lot of women don't care if they're taller than their guy in heels. That has come up on many threads here, and the taller women here (who are taller than a lot of guys even without heels) have said they don't care. Some women do care, some don't. It's that way with pretty much anything. Just a matter of personal preference. And then there are all the women who don't wear heels at all. so....meh. I don't see a big issue here.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Wearing heels is terrible for a woman's health.

I would encourage all women to throw away all of their heels
Only if you wear them all the time, constantly, every single day.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times
guys I've dated always hated it when I would dress up cause it takes forever to look that nice. I always got the "honey you look beautiful anyways"..I'd give them the "ya..suck it stare" cause I love dressing up and feeling pretty and always felt that that statement was a way for guys to try to convince me to be simpler on certain occasions. I'm pretty low maintenance anyways but hey, special occasions call for more effort.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
guys I've dated always hated it when I would dress up cause it takes forever to look that nice. I always got the "honey you look beautiful anyways"..I'd give them the "ya..suck it stare" cause I love dressing up and feeling pretty and always felt that that statement was a way for guys to try to convince me to be simpler on certain occasions. I'm pretty low maintenance anyways but hey, special occasions call for more effort.
What takes you so long? I've never understood that. It doesn't take me much time at all to get "DOLLED UP".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships