Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM

65 posts, read 75,719 times

Advertisements

Why do some women (Those I have dated under 35) expect you to settle down and accept their large number of partners? It seems every woman that I meet often has had 2 to 5 times the partners that I have had. I am a tall, good looking, financially secure 28 year old man and I have had 8 partners in my lifetime.

Since I look rather young I have had the opportunity of an increased dating pool. I often meet women ranged from 18 - 35. Shockingly the median partner count for a 20 - 25 year old women has been about 15 partners. What got me so pissed was I was recently dating a women in her early 30's who has slept with over 40 men. She said she hit a "bad period" in her life. BAD PERIOD? Are you kidding me? Was it called the New York Jets? What really got me going was when I broke it off with her she ridiculed me and said I have a virgin complex.

Now in no way do I want a virgin, nor would I expect a woman not to live her life. I simply just expect a woman that respects herself and is on the same plane as I am. All my friends agree and many have faced or are facing the same thing. It seems we are beginning to live in a world where there are a lot of people that think they can do anything without facing consequences. Honestly I don't care if a woman wants to get plowed by a small village, just dont expect every man to accept it afterwards.

Do you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:19 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,877,175 times
Why do you ask/care about how many guys she's slept with?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Why do you ask/care about how many guys she's slept with?
Because I think its important. The people you sleep with and the experiences you have shape who you are. The person I am today would not be the same if I tomorrow decided to go out and sleep with 50 women.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,315,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak4fun View Post
What got me so pissed was I was recently dating a women in her early 30's who has slept with over 40 men.
Why would the number of people that someone else slept with before they met you, get you pissed? Sounds like you have some issues.

Quote:
I simply just expect a woman that respects herself and is on the same plane as I am.
Why do you assume that a woman who has had more sexual partners than you has no respect for herself?

Quote:
Honestly I don't care if a woman wants to get plowed by a small village, just dont expect every man to accept it afterwards.
So, when you meet a woman tell her that if she's had more sexual partners than you that you assume she is an immoral ***** with no respect for herself and that makes you angry.

Throw it all on the table.

Quote:
Do you agree?
No.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
I swear I just responded on this thread.

Was the original deleted and the OP started a new one?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,315,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak4fun View Post
Because I think its important. The people you sleep with and the experiences you have shape who you are. The person I am today would not be the same if I tomorrow decided to go out and sleep with 50 women.
Would you be the same person tomorrow if you'd slept with 0 people?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,575 times
seems to be that way because I said the same thing philosophizer just did on the original one

Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,425,800 times
[quote=Kayak4fun;28292975]Why do some women (Those I have dated under 35) expect you to settle down and accept their large number of partners? It seems every woman that I meet often has had 2 to 5 times the partners that I have had. I am a tall, good looking, financially secure 28 year old man and I have had 8 partners in my lifetime.

Since I look rather young I have had the opportunity of an increased dating pool. I often meet women ranged from 18 - 35. Shockingly the median partner count for a 20 - 25 year old women has been about 15 partners. What got me so pissed was I was recently dating a women in her early 30's who has slept with over 40 men. She said she hit a "bad period" in her life. BAD PERIOD? Are you kidding me? Was it called the New York Jets? What really got me going was when I broke it off with her she ridiculed me and said I have a virgin complex.

Now in no way do I want a virgin, nor would I expect a woman not to live her life. I simply just expect a woman that respects herself and is on the same plane as I am. All my friends agree and many have faced or are facing the same thing. It seems we are beginning to live in a world where there are a lot of people that think they can do anything without facing consequences. Honestly I don't care if a woman wants to get plowed by a small village, just dont expect every man to accept it afterwards.

Do you agree?[/quote

Some have wanted all the free sex like they heard it was in the 60's. Didnt think about what problems it can cause later did you. You asked for it you got it.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Why would the number of people that someone else slept with before they met you, get you pissed? Sounds like you have some issues.

Why do you assume that a woman who has had more sexual partners than you has no respect for herself?

So, when you meet a woman tell her that if she's had more sexual partners than you that you assume she is an immoral ***** with no respect for herself and that makes you angry.

Throw it all on the table.

No.
I don't assume that a woman who has slept with more men than me doesn't have respect for themselves. However, with the women I have met who have slept with large amounts of women. Often they feel bad about their experiences and label them as unfortunate events.

I really don't care if a women has sex with 1000 men. It is her life and she should be able to do what she wants with it. What I do care about is why she would think it comes without consequence or why a man who hasn't would be interested to have a relationship with her.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,980 times
For some there is the impression that who has too many partners cheapens sex when they go monogamous. It's like having a palette for different kinds of food and can't commit to one no matter how hard you try.

Plus there is the awkwardness of running into their old flames and they get along so well... perhaps TOO well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships