Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I have long thick curly hair and I am over 50 years old. Everytime I go into the salon for a trim (and color), other clients over 65 years old say things like, "Why don't you cut it, I could never deal with all of that hair." They look at me in disgust. However, I know and so do the hairdressers, that women pay a lot of money to get hair like mine. I have great natural curl.

Why is it that once a woman decides to cut her hair short, she acts like this is the norm and everyone else should follow suit? Even my MIL does this to me. I don't think most women dared to wear their hair short until the last 75 years. It's been quite acceptable for centuries.

Yes...this is what I am talking about...as if having any hair over 45 is wrong or something. And there are so many variables here...I am not talking about long tresses hanging down the back...I am talking about when women have any hair over their ears at all...that is considered wrong or something. They want us to all cut it over the ears.
I guess my whole point was that men have all these things they want in a woman, but when it comes down to it, some will flex and others are rigid with real laundry lists of what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,651,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
The hair. They say the hair is everything, you know.

Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... and just wanted to go to sleep forever ?

Or lips -- and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert.

[deleted]! Whoo-ah ! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya... like secret searchlights.

Mmm.

And legs -- I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways.

What's between 'em, passport to heaven.

I need a drink.
Me too, and a smoke!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Good Grief Shuke, what kind of hair we talking about here?

I love long hair ~ I will keep mine long until I reach an age where I feel it's more appropriate to be shorter. I don't think short hair would look good on me and short hair only looks good on a few women ~ they are lucky too.

Remember when Faith Hill cut her hair and everyone had a fit about it?? LOL
She looks good with any hairstyle, but she is definitely a lot sexier with the long hair!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Mines long - I've had long and short.

Does it matter? Probably not

Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Good Grief Shuke, what kind of hair we talking about here?

I love long hair ~ I will keep mine long until I reach an age where I feel it's more appropriate to be shorter. I don't think short hair would look good on me and short hair only looks good on a few women ~ they are lucky too.

Remember when Faith Hill cut her hair and everyone had a fit about it?? LOL
She looks good with any hairstyle, but she is definitely a lot sexier with the long hair!

When is hair "more appropriate to be shorter"?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Most here didn't get my point though...my point wasn't if your husband likes your hair, my point was...single men say they like long hair, but they prefer to marry short haired women from what one observes out there....

Old 10-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Almost similar to...how men prefer to marry non-adventurous sexual wives from the talk on the internet...you read so many men aren't getting what they want at home. What gives what that too? What attracts these men to these women? Do they have a lot of money? Do they make good blueberry muffins?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
ok let me re-answer this then

IF I were a GUY, I would want to date someone with long girly hair. something you can run your fingers through. If I wanted to date a boy-short haircut, I would be of the wrong sex, seeking lesbians.. err, "women in comfortable shoes". Jeans, muscle shirt, tattoos, short spikey hair, combat boots, she can beat me at arm wrestling.. oh yeah.. sign me up!

Shuke, this sounds like the one for you!

Honestly, some women look better with short cute hairstyles, some don't. Having long hair is seen as more old fashioned nowadays... eh? that's fine, I should have been born like 70 years ago. Back before BMWs, 6 digit paychecks, and pant suits were a prerequisite to an acceptable date.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
I am 48 and will always have long hair. I think that I would look too boyish with short hair and I refuse to visit the hairdresser on a regular basis to keep the style in shape. I also refuse to ever get a short permed "mom" or "grandmom" type of hairdo. With short hair that is slightly longer but can't be tied back, I get hair blowing in my face during a car ride with open windows and in mouth when I eat.

I wear my hair mostly just tied back, but I find that there are more styling options with long hair for when I get dressed up.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
I find long hair on a woman attractive. The longer the better. But I also find a womans neck very attractive. So ladies...grow it long and french braid it! Please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships