Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecolor246 View Post
I did go there on my computer, and went out and then back to it....that didn't happen with me. So I filled in some "bogus" info, and didn't actually search for anyone (I am not interested in meeting anyone else but wanted to check to give him benefit of doubt). Then when I went back to it, that info I typed in did show up....just like his did. (He has pop ups blocked on his computer)
I think you should move on. Your issue is not that you found match.com on his browsing history, Your issue is that he has wondering eyes for women much younger than him.

You feel insecure about this relationship, and you don't trust him completely. Addressing the real issue, instead of playing detective. It will drive you crazy.

I found my first true love on myspace. As soon as we decided to be exclusively dating each other, we both deleted our accounts. Myspace is not even a dating site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,209 times
Quote:
doesn't seem as interested in me
hardly makes eye contact when he talks to me,
the intimacy has gone downhill
These are much bigger issues, IMO, than the match thing (though I'd still search for his profile).

You need to talk to him about these issues and how you feel.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM

OP, you can't freely browse the site without registering first. He has a profile there already, he might not be a paid member, but he definitely has a profile there. He is still looking, I'd walk.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Indeed, there seem to be larger issues. Maybe you can work them out if you think it's worthwhile. And if not, you both know how to find match.com! Win-win!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Indeed, there seem to be larger issues. Maybe you can work them out if you think it's worthwhile. And if not, you both know how to find match.com! Win-win!
exactly!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,335 times
Quote:
I did go there on my computer, and went out and then back to it....that didn't happen with me. So I filled in some "bogus" info, and didn't actually search for anyone (I am not interested in meeting anyone else but wanted to check to give him benefit of doubt). Then when I went back to it, that info I typed in did show up....just like his did. (He has pop ups blocked on his computer)
The only way for you to know for sure if he's searching to screw other women in your area code is to use Internet Monitoring Software that you can use for a Free Trial that YOU install on the computer he's using. After you install it, make sure to put it in Stealth Mode so he won't be aware that the sites he's "visiting" is being monitored by you. Don't worry about "invading his privacy" by doing this. IF he's truly cheating on you - or PLANNING on it - you NEED to KNOW this. If he gives you a REASON to be suspicious, chances are he's up to no good.

If, after two or three weeks of monitoring the sites he's "visiting", he's NOT searching for women to screw, then you can breathe a sigh of relief and then delete the Internet Monitoring Software from the computer. You have to PROTECT yourself IF you suspect that he's CHEATING on you; even if the cheating hasn't happened yet. Not only for moral reasons or for your own reasons, but for the fact that his cheating on you with other women can give you an INCURABLE Sexually Transmitted DISEASE.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
The only way for you to know for sure if he's searching to screw other women in your area code is to use Internet Monitoring Software that you can use for a Free Trial that YOU install on the computer he's using. After you install it, make sure to put it in Stealth Mode so he won't be aware that the sites he's "visiting" is being monitored by you. Don't worry about "invading his privacy" by doing this. IF he's truly cheating on you - or PLANNING on it - you NEED to KNOW this. If he gives you a REASON to be suspicious, chances are he's up to no good.

If, after two or three weeks of monitoring the sites he's "visiting", he's NOT searching for women to screw, then you can breathe a sigh of relief and then delete the Internet Monitoring Software from the computer. You have to PROTECT yourself IF you suspect that he's CHEATING on you; even if the cheating hasn't happened yet. Not only for moral reasons or for your own reasons, but for the fact that his cheating on you with other women can give you an INCURABLE Sexually Transmitted DISEASE.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
What a high level of espionage for a couple that isn't even married. In a bf/gf situation, if you feel the need to install monitoring software, you should simply break things off with the other person and get on with your life.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
I think he should dump you!

Creeper! Stalker! Controlling... Ok.. I'm done.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM

181 posts, read 192,225 times
So you've been together for 4 years, he is 48, I am assuming you are in your 40s or late 30s. Has there even been a marriage conversation in this relationship??? If not, then after 4 years it seems like he has made up his mind and is slowly moving on. Match.com is not the issue here, I think there is some miscommunication going on. Do you want to be tangled along like that for another 4 years? What future do you want with or without him, marriage, kids, I don't know? This is about you now.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM

10 posts, read 48,145 times
Well, for last several months, he started putting his phone on vibrate. He is in a business that most of his new business he gets through incoming calls. Sometimes he doesn't answer all of his calls. He'll look at it, and say he doesn't recognize the #, so is not answering it. Usually, when I look them up, they are unlisted. When I brought up about the vibrate thing, he started putting it on normal sometimes, but keeps it in his pouch no matter if it is sitting beside him all day. He used to only do that if he was going to wear it when he was going out. He had web watcher on me several years ago and after he found out I had nothing to hide, he said he took it off. I also saw where he went to amazon and saved searches for a hidden camera and recording pen device. He told me he secretly tape recorded one of his ex's. He used to be suspicious of me to a degree, but I was younger and more attractive and I was never interested in anyone else. Now I have turned into this raging alcoholic because of these issues and a heavy smoker (he is a drinker and smoker too). My looks have faded and I am just in a trap, I feel, as I am financially independent on him and don't drive because I am a heavy drinker. We used to have the best relationship where he gazed into my eyes for the longest time, and told me how beautiful and gorgeous I am. Believe it or not, I even got carded a few times when we went places. Not anymore unless it is for an AARP card I was 48 when this started with him and those gazes and compliments were music to my ears to have someone so in love with me. I actually thought after being hurt so much in the past, he was "the one". My mom met him for the first time and warned me he was a player and I didn't believe him. I'm sorry--this is prob. too much information, but really hurting. I am probably so much older than most posters on here, but after reading some of the advice by some of you, feel I am so much more immature than most of you. I just know he is going to waltz in here when he does meet a younger more beautiful woman and tell me I need to leave, and I have no where to go. Sometimes I just want to die. I am so tired.
oh, and bit defender won't let me install monitoring software--I have already tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships