Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,279 times

Advertisements

I apologize in advance for the length.... however, I wanted to give a little back story ....
Recently moved out of my home town and left my ex behind. After realizing I was serious and really leaving him behind he begged me to let him move to be with me for nearly a year. I wrote him long letter outlining what I would/would not accept if I let him move to be with me. I let him know very clearly what I expected from him. He agreed to everything and told me I was right about everything I’d said in my letter. When he first arrived everything was wonderful (sunshine, rose petals and happy songs LOL). Slowly it went from sugar to sh*t and it didn’t take long to realize the honeymoon was OVER. Although it’s clear he’s trying to work on the things I told him I wouldn’t deal with, it seems like he doing it grudgingly. On one hand I see him trying and on the other hand he’s going back to his old ways.
Yesterday was the day that makes me say I made a HORRIBLE mistake by letting him move to where I am. I had a doctor’s appointment and he knew about it. I called him and he didn’t answer his phone. When I finally spoke with him he said he was “with friends and didn’t hear the phone”. I think that was a load of crap so I told him so and hung up on him. I’d say about 3 hours later he started calling me about every 45 minutes but I never answered his calls. So last night he goes to a party with the same people he was with when he “didn’t hear my call” and gets TOTALLY trashed!! He calls me around midnight and I answered and he was talking kind of crazy so I know he was well on his way to being drunk. So I tell him to leave me alone and we get off the phone. He calls back a few more times and I was half sleep so I honestly don’t remember the conversations.
So around 3am I wake up and he’s not home yet. I’m PISSED because our rule is you do NOT stay out all night. Doesn’t matter who you’re with and where you are and …. there is NEVER a good reason to stay out all night. So I get in my car go to where he is (not too far from the house). I pull up and he’s in his car , 2 open beers in the tray, car keys in his lap, drivers side car door WIDE open and he’s PASSED OUT!! I was LIVID … I went ballistic on him!!! He’s barely coherent so he’s mumbling saying “I’m right outside the house” …. I’m like NO YOUR NOT!! So I’m trying to make him get up so he can get in my car and I can drive him home and he won’t move. So then he starts in with the “drunk talk”. You’re so F’n annoying, you get on my nerves just leave me the F alone and all types of other stuff. So at first I’m ignoring him chalking it up to “drunk talk” then as I try to make him get out of his car he continues talking crap. So I say IF you feel this way WHY did you move here and he says “cause I didn’t have nothing better to do” he’s going on and on and on… REALLY pissing me off because this is all stuff I was “thinking “he felt before. So I poured out the beers, took his keys threw them in the back under passenger seat and left his ass there. This morning I’m getting ready for work and he comes in and asks we argue a bit and then I leave for work. So around lunch time he calls me a few times asking “what did I say to you”? I told him I was at work and did NOT want to get into it with him. We hang up and he calls me back like an hour later saying what did I say???? Did I say I didn’t want to marry you? I told him no but he said other things that I wasn’t getting into. He then said … so is it over are we over? I can’t imagine us being over and then he asked were we still doing something for his birthday!! I am STILL so pissed OFF about the WHOLE thing.

So… should I take all the mean stuff he said as “drunk talk” or should I take it as… a drunk usually tells the truth??? I’ve always believed drunks say what people really want to say when their sober!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 03:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
no alot of drunk talk starts with WATCH THIS! and ends up with poeple saying and doing stupid things they don't really mean.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,045 times
I'm sorry I did not have the patience to read all of your post (short attention span). But I can say that I don't think drunk talk is always truthful talk, anymore than acid talk or meth talk is truthful talk. If you want to know what someone is really thinking, you need to develop intimacy and openness.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
"In vino veritas." Or, "In wine, there is the truth."

Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,848 times
Can you hold onto that winner so he does not become unleashed into society so that none of us single women will ever have to deal with him? Thank you in advance.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,481 times
No.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:54 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Yes, your right. If you want to hear the truth, listen to a drunk! I have always heard this.
It sounds like you have been down this road with him, more than once.
I would send him back to where he come from, and get on with your life! Good luck!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:58 PM

I do think alcohol has a way of unleashing the person's core personality. If somebody is a happy after a few belts, chances are they're happy on the inside. On the other hand, my father-in-law and his sons are all pretty belligerent drunks. We had a Christmas party once where one of my clients showed up with his guitar and my brother-in-law, a normally mild-mannered guy, hated him immediately. As in wanting to throw this inoffensive guy out of my house. I had to tell my BIL to get the hell out of my house and stay out until he sobered up. He came by the next day with an apology, but I've noticed this behavior in him since.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,787 times
"Isn't Drunk Talk Usually Truth Talk......... "

Answer: Hell no! I have been a bit tipsy a time or two and had given the impression I was really into a few girls that I wasn't, only to wake up the next morning asking myself, wtf?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
"Isn't Drunk Talk Usually Truth Talk......... "

Answer: Hell no! I have been a bit tipsy a time or two and had given the impression I was really into a few girls that I wasn't, only to wake up the next morning asking myself, wtf?
Well, there is a difference between love and lust, you know. I mean, who hasn't tried picking up somebody Ms. Right Now after a few belts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships