Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

I swear? These people really irritate me. I know a woman, who is so high maintenance when it comes to attention. Everything that happens to her is so God awful and no one, (in her mind) has ever endured worse. She doesn't like to work, and when she doesn't come in, it doesn't bother her who has to take over her job. She makes up stories that things are worse then what they are....She is a mess...when she gets sick, she actually works herself up into a frenzy, and starts to cry?????

She really irritates everyone on our team...she is a nice person otherwise, but she needs so much attention...????? It is very hard to listen to her. She asked me once what I thought, so I told her, you asked, and you know me, I'm not going to stroke your ego....she said, ok, tell me. I said, you really need to go to a counselor and find out why you obsess to this degree. Well, she really got mad at me... shoulda kept my mouth shut...I'm not that kinda friend who is going to tell you what you want to hear....and she knows that....

oh well....??????

she is so thoughtless when it comes to others...it's all about her. How do people become so self absorbed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,874 times
I know what you mean. I think it is something different than what they complain about. I think the real issue isn't being told.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM

396 posts, read 1,034,933 times
I've been around that type for sure. She has some issues.
You are just going to need to find a way to tune her out, or she will make you as insane as she is...

Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,153 times
Could it be Munchausen syndrome? Just a thought.

I sort of crack myself up because I seem to always have a personality disorder in the wings for everything I read, lol.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:08 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post

I sort of crack myself up because I seem to always have a personality disorder in the wings for everything I read, lol.

Right again, MS./ End it. Your life will be back to normal. She needs to spend money on a professional therapist ....Just tell her you don't have those credentials, lol.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post

Yes you do, LOL, and I have to laugh myself, b/c seems to me, over the years, they always have to find a medical name for just plain bad behavior and self absorption or rudeness?

Now, I'm going in to look up Munchausen Syndrome....

Hugs
Creme

Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
If she spends alot of time obsessing about medical illness, and getting tested, that is Munchausen Syndrome....Narcissism and histrionic personality also come to mind....

Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
If she spends alot of time obsessing about medical illness, and getting tested, that is Munchausen Syndrome....Narcissism and histrionic personality also come to mind....
Absolutely, I 2nd that. I also thought of Grave's disease (hyperthryoidism)..."when she gets sick, she actually works herself up into a frenzy, and starts to cry"...Creme? Is she a sickly thin person? She might be a canidate for some blood work.

Not to get off topic...but remember that runaway bride? (I'm thinking Texas) She also had that look of hyperthryoidism...those big eyes that you can see the whites all the way around. Felt sorry for that gal...her story should have never made it's way to my local news here in Indiana.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

It is not narcissism, as she is very insecure...and obsesses about her weight, if she gains one lb...she is upset...and she is in many of our opinions, boarder line eating disorder....she's way to thin....which makes her vulnerable to illnesses...and she is always sick, but she makes much more out of her sickeness then it is....I mean, she milks it to stay out of work, yanno? With no concern, what so ever about the demands this makes on everyone else at work...yanno? And she's been doing this for years.

I liked what the other poster said, that it might be other things...as I've thought this myself...problems at home, yanno?

I am more inclined to think, she is one of those people who needs a lot of attention, and she makes up stories to get it, but actually believes she is sicker then she is????? I dunno, otherwise, she's a really sweet girl...funny, and congenial....

I suppose I better go look at myself in the mirror...yanno? I don't know why she annoys me so much...

I tell you true, what bothers me is she's 49, and she needs to get jiggy with it and take better care of herself, instead of not eating...b/c she lacks vitaminns and minerals which help our bodies immune system and bones...and I'm worried and she really makes me mad that she obsesses over the worst things...instead of what she should be doing...but, it's really none of my business.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-11-2007 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM

Sickly thin? Read my last post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It is not narcissism, as she is very insecure...and obsesses about her weight, if she gains one lb...she is upset...and she is in many of our opinions, boarder line eating disorder....she's way to thin....which makes her vulnerable to illnesses...and she is always sick, but she makes much more out of her sickeness then it is....I mean, she milks it to stay out of work, yanno? With no concern, what so ever about the demands this makes on everyone else at work...yanno? And she's been doing this for years.

I liked what the other poster said, that it might be other things...as I've thought this myself...problems at home, yanno?

I am more inclined to think, she is one of those people who needs a lot of attention, and she makes up stories to get it, but actually believes she is sicker then she is????? I dunno, otherwise, she's a really sweet girl...funny, and congenial....

I suppose I better go look at myself in the mirror...yanno? I don't know why she annoys me so much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships