Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:54 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,068,908 times

Advertisements

So I tried getting back on online dating, but I find that maybe either I am too picky about some things, or the women are that I have been contacting on the site. For example:

On my dating profile, one of my pictures I am doing a sensual type of pose, but was being silly and cute on purpose. A woman emailed me saying that she really liked those pose. I said thanks and what not, and she asked to see more pics, and asked me to do more sensual poses, and we had fun throwing suggestions back and forth.

Some of the pics I could not do though, such as one with a watermelon, which I thought would be a silly pic and maybe good, but I couldn't get a watermelon cause they are not in season right now, in the grocery stores where I live.

I asked her to meet up and hang out after a couple of weeks of chatting, and she said that she wanted to see more pics first. I felt like she had seen enough though, so I sent her a message saying maybe I can do some later on, but does she still want to meet. She says she wants more pics first. I said well why have pics when you can have the guy? She said, "don't message me again". I am thinking Okay??? was I being too high maintenance or something, and should have just let loose more, and get more pics taken? I felt like maybe after she kept asking for pics, maybe she was just using me as a masturbation source or something, and maybe didn't want to meet up as much. I mean I already had three pics on the site, two close ups, and one body shot, isn't that enough? Or was I wrong, and just needed to play along more, and was rushing things?

Another woman messages me the next day pretty much and we chat it up for a few days. She asks me if I want to meet up, and I didn't even have to ask. So I said sure. She then asks me if I have Kik messenger on my phone. I said no. I don't really know anything about kik and just use regular texting. She said get it, then we'll meet. But I don't know if I want to download and learn this whole kik thing, just for her. I told her I might not have time right now to learn a whole new messenger, and asked if to just meet up anyway. I mean I figure she asked me to meet up, so she must want to on some level.

She said that if I time to meet her, I have time to get it. I dunno, I feel like she is making me do something I don't care to do, just to meet up. It feels like ultimatums... Or is it me, and I just need to let loose, play along and need to have fun, and am perhaps being a little stubborn with the ladies?

I haven't text her back yet, so should I just get the kik messenger, suck it up and learn it, since she says it won't take long?

Last edited by ironpony; 12-11-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 12:01 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
I advise you to listen to me before you waste too many years of your life. The standard OLD sites are a waste of time for 99 percent of men in most parts of the country. For me I clearly state in my profiles that I'm only interested in women that are active and women that have time to do things and experience life. Yet the only women that message me are women that I am 100 percent, completely not a match with. Women that are tied down with kids, smoke, trashed up with tattoos, and look like they would have a heart attack if they had to hike 6 miles and we're talking women in their 30's.

Women get 50 messages a day and just use it for catalog shopping they mostly just look at height, your occupation, how much money they think you have, and what your socioeconomic status us.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:03 PM

Well they both messaged me first and did a lot of the talking, so I figured the interest must be there somewhat...

Old 12-11-2016, 12:08 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well they both messaged me first and did a lot of the talking, so I figured the interest must be there somewhat...
She is playing games which is what the women on these sites do. There is no need to have to download kik to meet someone. It's stupid and she's wasting your time.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM

Okay thanks. As long as others agree too. I thought maybe I was overreacting at the second woman, cause of the first one turning me down for not sending her more pics.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,989 times
Online dating is a lose sum game for men under 40 really.

Unless you're the 5% of the ultra desirable, you will be played, ignored, etc. It's best to get off and cancel your account. Meet people in real life where they aren't so superficial.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:11 PM

Well I am 32, so am I more playable at that age?

Well I can either get kik, and then she will most likely meet me I am guessing, or I can just send her a text saying that if she wanted to meet me, I wouldn't need kik. What do you think?

I mean they say that women are attracted to bad boys who stand there ground, but in my experience, if I say no to a certain condition set by a woman, they get turned off more.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:18 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
You don't need to send more pictures or DL any message apps.
Watermelon??? She was playing stupid games.
You chat for a little, then arrange to meet...just like you suggested.
Those girls were just wasting your time.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM

The watermelon was my suggestion actually, but I was just kidding to make her laugh. I don't mind doing the pic cause it might be funny, but watermelon season is out so I couldn't do the pic.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:22 PM

466 posts, read 314,575 times
install the KIK bro, it's easy to use but I would still be on the look out for these women doing shady stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships