Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 AM

181 posts, read 218,381 times

Advertisements

In other words: I'm trying to say that my singles site profile (paid site) gets a small number of constant repeat visits from women who are usually 25-75 miles away from me. These women never post any messages or flirts, they have profiles that often indicate they aren't looking for someone like me and they tend to ignore or brush me off if I message or flirt with them.

I'm 5'6", one tall woman insists on a man over 6'......I'm balding, a woman demands a full head of hair. I'm marriage minded or serious, some of these women are looking for casual, friendship, travel partners.

I was curious to know if these women even know that they are "visiting" my profile on a regular basis or if the singles site themselves might be "arranging" for these profiles and pictures to show up in order to make me think I'm more popular on their site than I am............In which case my profile might be showing up in places I've never been to.

Anyone else notice this happens to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I don't know what those women are thinking... but I know I tend to do this and I know why. I do a search for men in my age, certain age range, etc, etc and then read their profiles to see if I am interested. I do this search once a week and read all the profiles (lately I've been limiting it to "new" profiles to keep things reasonable... but the "new" ones seem to last several weeks).

For some reason, my brain has a hard time remembering faces... so what I end up doing is forgetting that I already viewed a man's profile until after I click on him and re-read his profile. As I read I think, "oh yeah... I saw him before" and I leave the profile with no message because I already messaged him (and he didn't respond before) or there was something in the profile that told me not to send a message (like a major compatibility issue... like he wants a younger woman than me... or he can't be around dogs or people who own them... or he is looking for a person who shares their political or religious convictions, etc). I usually just don't fit what they are looking for so I don't message... or they don't fit what I want (with the biggest being "I am going though a divorce right now" That's my biggest red flag... it means he's still married and is in the middle of a lot of drama).

Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
It happens. I ignored it when I did a lot of OLD. OKC is especially prevalent for this. No biggie, lots of time people are just killing times on these sites.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
In other words: I'm trying to say that my singles site profile (paid site) gets a small number of constant repeat visits from women who are usually 25-75 miles away from me. These women never post any messages or flirts, they have profiles that often indicate they aren't looking for someone like me and they tend to ignore or brush me off if I message or flirt with them.

I'm 5'6", one tall woman insists on a man over 6'......I'm balding, a woman demands a full head of hair. I'm marriage minded or serious, some of these women are looking for casual, friendship, travel partners.

I was curious to know if these women even know that they are "visiting" my profile on a regular basis or if the singles site themselves might be "arranging" for these profiles and pictures to show up in order to make me think I'm more popular on their site than I am............In which case my profile might be showing up in places I've never been to.

I did not know there was an option that indicates how many times a person clicked on your profile.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:04 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I did not know there was an option that indicates how many times a person clicked on your profile.
The site I am on will tell you when someone has looked at your profile. It the same person looks one day and then looks again another, they come up twice. I've seen men come up on my "checked my profile" list one day and then a few days later and then a few days later, etc. It doesn't give me a number, but I can look at see the same picture of the same man, with the same user name several times in that list. This kind of thing might be what the OP is talking about.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The site I am on will tell you when someone has looked at your profile. It the same person looks one day and then looks again another, they come up twice. I've seen men come up on my "checked my profile" list one day and then a few days later and then a few days later, etc. It doesn't give me a number, but I can look at see the same picture of the same man, with the same user name several times in that list. This kind of thing might be what the OP is talking about.

Oh okay, I just logged in and found something similar. Somebody must like my profile. I'm getting views and messages.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post

You're over thinking it, if they message you then goody gum drops! If they just look at you and go away then big deal. Click and NEXT victim.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:06 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
For some reason, my brain has a hard time remembering faces... so what I end up doing is forgetting that I already viewed a man's profile until after I click on him and re-read his profile.
/THREAD

This is likely the most possible answer. I did the same thing in the past. It was even harder to remember if people changed main photos.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Online dating sites are the best time killers in the world. I just click links and profiles and move on.

Also, if someone visits your page and doesn't message you... that does not mean they might be interested because they visited your page. It means they're not interested because they didn't send you a message.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:35 AM

181 posts, read 218,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Online dating sites are the best time killers in the world. I just click links and profiles and move on.

Also, if someone visits your page and doesn't message you... that does not mean they might be interested because they visited your page. It means they're not interested because they didn't send you a message.
Maybe she goes by the standard of "A lady musn't make the first move"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships