Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2rlk45 View Post
there's plenty more out there. You just need to run into one.

And stay out of the clubs and yuppie places. Keepers don't hang out there. You will find them at gun shops, dick's sporting goods....speed and custom shops...lowe's....home depot...sears, autoparts stores....places like that.

Real men...not little boys.
lol wut?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,174 times
I wonder if the OP is suffering from small town syndrome. Her story sounds similar to mine and others where you pretty much doomed to being single because everyone pairs off before they turn 20.

And if they ARE single, chances are they have kids or no job prospects and mooch like never before. In a large metro area I don't think it's TOO hard, but the commute might be hard to get past.

You'd think with all the late 20-early 30 single childless men around she'd find someone. Chances are they're probably into smart stuff or geek (I HATE using that word) hobbies.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
As long as you allow people to make you their piece on the side? That is all you're gonna be.

Stop going after men who have girlfriends. That's a start.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
Oh, boy...here we go again.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Default 99-Cent Redneck Value Meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
There's plenty more out there. You just need to run into one.

And stay out of the clubs and yuppie places. Keepers don't hang out there. You will find them at gun shops, Dick's Sporting Goods....speed and custom shops...Lowe's....Home Depot...Sears, autoparts stores....places like that.

Real men...not little boys.

YEAH! Because you can't be a real man without shooting animals and getting grease under your fingernails!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
I kind of feel that way too. I didn't date much when I was younger, and now I'm your age and every man seems to be balding, divorced, had kids, taken, or if they're not, there's a reason. But what I've noticed is, when you're single, it feels like a long time before someone comes along, but when they do, it usually proceeds so quickly and changes your life too fast. So just enjoy being single until the time comes.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,334 times
one thing I noticed. she said that she wasn't aggressive but she seems to be agreesive in going after the guy that she is having the melt down over. i'll never pick up strangers

Old 03-16-2013, 01:48 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Most of my peers are already in serious relationships. And for the life of me, I can never meet a guy who wants something serious with me. They always just want a bootycall. Its very discouraging right now at the moment. In a strange way, I am warming up to the idea of being a guy's sidepiece, just as long as he sees me regularly and makes me happy I'd be fine with such an arrangement
No, no and NO! Any man who cheats WITH you will cheat ON you.

Like others, I've grown weary of your pity party. I'm sure the men you do meet sense your desperation which is either an opportunity to take advantage of you (the booty call/side piece) or run the other way.

It's time that you take a break from your quest to find anyone, instead of that special someone. It seems your self esteem is derived from what you think others think of you, and because you don't have a man that you are a nobody. Envying others is not an attractive outlook, and will ultimately be self destructive. Please, please stop this thinking.

Make yourself into a quality, interesting non-desperate woman. Be active. Join a gym. Volunteer. Travel, even by yourself. Have an adventure. Get a makeover. Change your style. Go to Meetup groups. Take classes in something you are interested. Even take a class in something you're NOT interested in. It will broaden your horizons. Change jobs, change careers. Move to a larger community.

Talk to people, and most importantly LISTEN to people. Both men and women love it when someone takes interest in them. Most people love to talk about themselves and their interests.

Your adult life has barely started, let alone be over. Stop obsessing over not having a man, stop worrying about others will think. It will set you free! Enjoy your life, and let others be envious of you instead!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,334 times
Thank you lol

Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
I'm not responding to Redberry anymore until she posts a picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships