Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
This is me. I went out on a date from hell last night. It was so bad that I was telling my friends how terrible it was, while I was on the date. Do I see myself giving up? No way in hades. A bad date tells me I'm one step closer to finding the person that truly wants to spend time with me and vice versa.

I still feel that people who give up on dating are unwilling to change who they are, or what they are attracted too. Maybe you are hurt all the time because you are attracted to people who treat you poorly. Take some time and explore why you find yourself attracted to the same types of people.

Giving up on dating just means you will date the same type of person, you stopped dating to avoid, when you resume dating again.
What do you mean, giving up on dating means you're giving up on dating period. If your running back to the type of people you've dated before than you're not really giving up.

Last edited by Ro2113; 03-21-2013 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
I still feel that people who give up on dating are unwilling to change who they are, or what they are attracted too. Maybe you are hurt all the time because you are attracted to people who treat you poorly. Take some time and explore why you find yourself attracted to the same types of people.

Giving up on dating just means you will date the same type of person, you stopped dating to avoid, when you resume dating again.
You realize you're suggesting a Leopard trade in it's spots for zebra strips.

And, what makes you think I'm ever going to resume dating? With the women in this part of the country....
I don't think so...

Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Don't give up! Don't give up!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:27 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
You realize you're suggesting a Leopard trade in it's spots for zebra strips.

And, what makes you think I'm ever going to resume dating? With the women in this part of the country....
I don't think so...
I'm just stating what I've experienced. You can do whatever you please.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What do you mean, giving up on dating means you're giving up on dating period. If your running back to the type of people you've dated before than you're not really giving up.
Say you give up dating for a year, because you are tired of dating aholes. You get comfortable with the idea of dating again, and you end up dating another ahole. Sometimes it's not the idea of giving up on dating, but changing the types of people you are attracted too.

Don't we tell people here that all the time when they are getting played by people, to leave them? The only time I ever stopped dating was when I was in a relationship. Otherwise, it's just a date, not a marriage. If it works cool. If it doesn't, yet frustrating, that's cool too.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
I still feel that people who give up on dating are unwilling to change who they are, or what they are attracted too.
How can you change what you're attracted to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You just have to pick non-ahole people.
Absolutely, but if the non-aholes are:

a) Never available
b) Never attracted to you

...then what?

Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l'artiste View Post
yes . Now i enjoy leisure reads of erotica , vibrators and 50 cats. .. The lifestyles of the disenfranchised :d
lmao

Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
How can you change what you're attracted to?

Absolutely, but if the non-aholes are:

a) Never available
b) Never attracted to you

...then what?
First of all, there are plenty of non-aholes out there.
They may not be brash or flashy...they may be that ordinary woman in her gym clothes perusing the veggies or that guy with the little scar on his hand pumping gas next to you...

They are there. I know these people. We are these people.

This is our song (my wife's and mine):

Rascal Flatts - Bless the Broken Road Offical Music video - YouTube

Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I 'gave up' when I was 12 and realized guys are basically useless to me except for using them for my amusement and entertainment.
And, that is just one of a number of reasons why I'm not amusing and entertaining you. Why I'm not in the circle of fools trying to get your attention.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
And, that is just one of a number of reasons why I'm not amusing and entertaining you. Why I'm not in the circle of fools trying to get your attention.
You have amused me as here you are on page 4 commenting on my post on page 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships