Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,568 times

Advertisements

Probably as I think most gals have a better chance of finding good relationships overseas considering how it seems most American guys negatively regard American gals and don't seem to be interested in relationships.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,078,625 times
I don't think the chance is that good. Most people I know from Europe are not interested in dating black girls, especially not one from a foreign country. You always hear stories, but there are black women who find great guys in America too. Those women you mention are not the typical black woman who hardly ever travel. It's not the same as traveling to Europe to find love.

There might be one advantage. In some European countries there are fewer black people. Hence you will stand out more. But there are some disadvantages too. Europeans are more biased against fat girls, and many black women are fat. Also, it is generally harder for women than for black men in Europe. In general European men prefer white or sometimes asian. European women prefer white or sometimes black.

Also, don't believe Europe is less racist than America. Absolutely not true.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I'm a black woman who recently started traveling a lot. I've met so many black American women while traveling who appear to be in great relationships with their husbands but the kicker is, they all reside overseas.

Rarely do I meet young married black women in the states.

I wonder why black American women seem to do so well with relationships outside of the U.S.? Is it the lack of negative media? Also, I find these women to be so much more confident with their beautiful dark skin.
Aren't you also the author of this little gem of a thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/great...l#post28017063

Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,922 times
Yes. It is easier for Black American women to establish good relationships overseas. Amazingly easier. I know it has been this way with friends of mine.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,419,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I'm a black woman who recently started traveling a lot. I've met so many black American women while traveling who appear to be in great relationships with their husbands but the kicker is, they all reside overseas.

Rarely do I meet young married black women in the states.

I wonder why black American women seem to do so well with relationships outside of the U.S.? Is it the lack of negative media? Also, I find these women to be so much more confident with their beautiful dark skin.
Looking at the statistics sociologically, sadly, a lot of African American women are probably single because (and this is a complex situation- both on a macro and micro level):

1. Given the fact that we do have racial profiling
2. African Americans, in general, are at a disadvantage to what's negatively perpetuated in the media
3. Oppression, racism, and poverty does exist (anyone who denies this is questionable at best)
4. Looking at aspects of the feminization of poverty

5. Educational and career latter goals (going down the drain with the public system so flawed and corrupt)

....... everything compiled together just doesn't add up to equal opportunity, and statistically, you'll find a lot of African American men who have struggle to fight against the odds of the systematic causes of oppression and are at a disadvantage from the lack of privilege.

Privilege plays a HUGE role in people's quality of life, and affects everything from social mobility, to health, marriage, family, equity, and finance....... all of which are survival needs.

So how come African women or Black women seem so happy overseas? Perhaps, culturally, they don't have to fight the disparity that exists in a racially ignorant environment, and nor do their opposite gender. They may not be as rich but being less stigmatized with prejudice and stereotypes can certainly add to a positive sense of well-being.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't think the chance is that good. Most people I know from Europe are not interested in dating black girls, especially not one from a foreign country. You always hear stories, but there are black women who find great guys in America too. Those women you mention are not the typical black woman who hardly ever travel. It's not the same as traveling to Europe to find love.

There might be one advantage. In some European countries there are fewer black people. Hence you will stand out more. But there are some disadvantages too. Europeans are more biased against fat girls, and many black women are fat. Also, it is generally harder for women than for black men in Europe. In general European men prefer white or sometimes asian. European women prefer white or sometimes black.

Also, don't believe Europe is less racist than America. Absolutely not true.
I have Black American friends who moved to Europe, and became married to European men within 6 months of being there. All currently reside in Europe. I have one friend who went to Europe on a vacation, and came back to the states engaged to a European man. Your post is comical. Also, many Black women are thin. Petite and thin, and tall and thin. I come from an entire family of small women. You have no awareness of the profound global presence of Black women. Your lack of awareness renders you ignorant. The 'black women are fat' stereotype is elementary at this point.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Looking at the statistics sociologically, sadly, a lot of African American women are probably single because (and this is a complex situation- both on a macro and micro level):

1. Given the fact that we do have racial profiling
2. African Americans, in general, are at a disadvantage to what's negatively perpetuated in the media
3. Oppression, racism, and poverty does exist (anyone who denies this is questionable at best)
4. Looking at aspects of the feminization of poverty

5. Educational and career latter goals (going down the drain with the public system so flawed and corrupt)

....... everything compiled together just doesn't add up to equal opportunity, and statistically, you'll find a lot of African American men who have struggle to fight against the odds of the systematic causes of oppression and are at a disadvantage from the lack of privilege.

Privilege plays a HUGE role in people's quality of life, and affects everything from social mobility, to health, marriage, family, equity, and finance....... all of which are survival needs.

So how come African women or Black women seem so happy overseas? Perhaps, culturally, they don't have to fight the disparity that exists in a racially ignorant environment, and nor do their opposite gender. They may not be as rich but being less stigmatized with prejudice and stereotypes can certainly add to a positive sense of well-being.
Are you doing research for a sociology paper or something? This is not even remotely my experience as a Black women, or women I know personally. Our lives are pretty awesome in fact. Also, African women are from Black majority countries. They don't face racism. South Africa is an exception, but even there, Black people are the majority.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,010,665 times
Then go overseas, problem solved!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,078,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I have Black American friends who moved to Europe, and became married to European men within 6 months of being there. All currently reside in Europe. I have one friend who went to Europe on a vacation, and came back to the states engaged to a European man. Your post is comical. Also, many Black women are thin. Petite and thin, and tall and thin. I come from an entire family of small women. You have no awareness of the profound global presence of Black women. Your lack of awareness renders you ignorant. The 'black women are fat' stereotype is elementary at this point.
And your biased sample of friends is representative for all black women in the world? First off it is extremely uncommon in Europe to get married in 6 month. So what does that say? However, I know plenty of people who have got a girlfriend when moving to a new place. Myself included. When you move to a new place you will meet new people, hence you have a lot more opportunities.

Also, only 20% of black women are at a healthy weight. Among the remainder 50% are obese and 30% are overweight. If you are not aware of that, then you lack awareness, not me. There might not be many in your social circle, but then your social circle is not average.

And btw I am from Europe. I hardly ever see white men with black women, and the cases I know they are dating black women because they got no other options, and I don't know a single case of someone dating a black american women. And Europeans are not less racist than Americans. You guys have created yourself an image of Europe that does not exist.

If it is easier it is probably due to fewer black women in Europe. There are someone who only go for black women.

EDIT: If you want evidence, translate this forum page. I am actually giving one of the most positive responses.
http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?sh...=1487833&st=20

Last edited by Camlon; 03-21-2013 at 01:52 AM..

Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 AM

149 posts, read 206,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post

Far too many black women in the U.S. have internalized the negative messages and actually believe that they are unworthy of solid/long term commitments and marriage.
As a black woman, I have to agree with this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships