Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:48 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Anyone been a member or tried to be a member on Beautifulpeople.com? Here is the link to the website: Online Dating Sites, Internet Dating Websites - BeautifulPeople.com

It only a website for beautiful people only and to be a member you have to be approved by members to join this elite website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Why have you joined? Tell us about your experience!

Btw- this can't be real.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Why have you joined? Tell us about your experience!

Btw- this can't be real.
I have not joined and not sure yet if I want to join yet. I just want to know the experiences with people that have been on the website or attempted to be a member.

Here is some more info about the site:
Originally launched in Denmark in 2001, BeautifulPeople.com is an online dating service which focuses on how attractive users are, based on the opinions of its established community members. Aspiring members of BeautifulPeople.com submit a photo of themselves when they sign up and during the 48 hours following the creation of their account, their photo will be rated by established BeautifulPeople community members of the opposite sex. Community members can give a new applicant one of four ratings: “Yes definitely”, “Hmm yes, OK”, “Hmm no, not really” or “No definitely NOT”. A new member is only admitted only if established members give them a positive rating on his or her photo.BeautifulPeople

Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Interesting. I think I have heard about beautifulpeople.com

On a serious note: from the standpoint of the owner, I'm pretty sure s(h)e's probably lol'g their butts off.

It's gotta be a spoof. And, if people are taking the website seriously, sounds like a pyramid scheme of some sort where false pictures are added, and members who pay based on getting voted in (perhaps automatically) pay a huge premium for false profiles.

Can't be real. Just can't. Just like 2By2.net back in the day. More like owners of the website making satire out of their own audiences.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 AM

934 posts, read 402,805 times
assessing beauty based on what? A photo?
Please.
My looks are average. In some stills I look like the witch from Hansel and Gretel, in other - total average and there are a few like say hello to the secret (grand?)daughter of Elisabeth Taylor.
Or I can send my daughter's pictures (young Zeta Jones).
Internet is generally a great and useful thing.
Where it gets stupid is where it's trying to be exclusive. Thing is, this type of media doesn't allow exclusivity to be carried out properly.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anyone been a member or tried to be a member on Beautifulpeople.com? Here is the link to the website: Online Dating Sites, Internet Dating Websites - BeautifulPeople.com

It only a website for beautiful people only and to be a member you have to be approved by members to join this elite website.
Yes, I was accepted but there were very little active members in my city so it was pointless.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
ROFLMAO I don't think so. I've read about them. Not for me. How many people out there have to have someone tell them they're beautiful? Now, they have a site they can point to as well.

"I'm gorgeous, I'm glamorous, I'm fabulous. I'm on BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE...."

Okay, so you're good looking, now get off your butt and get back to work. Or just keep looking in the mirror all the way to the poor-house..... LOL

Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Yeah I tried it but got this email back:

I don't know what's so funny.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Denmark started a dating site for high IQ people, too. It crashed and burned, though. They seem to like exclusivity over there...

Old 03-21-2013, 08:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Yes. They told be to get out. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships