Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times

Advertisements

Karma doesn't exist. Not suggesting anyone "should" sleep with a married person, but citing karma shouldn't be one of the reasons.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:26 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't believe in literal karma but I do believe that people who live their lives disregarding others' rights and feelings burn so many bridges that yes, this activity can come back and bite them.
And that's what karma is, I wouldn't mess around with it.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 19,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fareena View Post
Is it something you would consider?
Sure, if your don't mind knowing that, there is a special place in hell for people like you

Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Done it and I don't regret it. I really don't give a rat's arse.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:37 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It's interesting that the OP says it's okay and there are no moral issues here, and others are invoking morality and karma (which I think the latter is a fiction or superstition).

However, neither side is actually providing a reasoned argument for their opinion, and that would truly interest me. Is it that the promoters have no concern for any consequences of discovery? Have the nay-sayers actually thought about why they subscribe to their version of morality, or do they just accept their indoctrination? Seriously, how have you reached your considered opinions?

I see what you're saying, but in fairness, the OP only asked whether respondents would consider doing it, not whether they believed it was morally wrong or not. I think it's rather pointless to debate the morality of something like this. It would be like debating the morality of abortion. People feel how they feel--their opinions are based in large measure on emotion rather than logic. Given that, people's minds are rarely ever changed--if anything, debates usually only serve to make the participants angry and embittered.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newinhernando View Post
Sure, if your don't mind knowing that, there is a special place in hell for people like you
Hell, Karma, Boogey Man. Never seen or met anyone who is seen any of the above

Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
I see what you're saying, but in fairness, the OP only asked whether respondents would consider doing it, not whether they believed it was morally wrong or not. I think it's rather pointless to debate the morality of something like this. It would be like debating the morality of abortion. People feel how they feel--their opinions are based in large measure on emotion rather than logic. Given that, people's minds are rarely ever changed--if anything, debates usually only serve to make the participants angry and embittered.
I'm asking my own question, but it does seem related to the topic. I agree that most people choose an opinion or "explanation" that confirms their existing emotional bias. However, I'm sure some people actually think through the issues to arrive at their opinion by some process of logic or reason. Whether their starting assumptions are correct is another issue, of course.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Only if it was done with full honesty and disclosure among all parties.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
yes absolutely!

i just happen to be married to her

Old 03-26-2013, 05:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Done it and I don't regret it. I really don't give a rat's arse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It's not like debating abortion because both sides of the discussion understand that the there is a potential to harm (and intent to harm really that gets people off), unlike abortion, but the one doing the harming does not care. And it's more than opinion in that arena but genetics/biochemistry and nurture since compassion has been found to be physiologically based And we tend to treat others how we have been treated/vice versa ad infinitum.

Strangers Spot People With Compassionate Genes in Seconds | Genetic Mutation, Oxytocin Receptor & Empathy | LiveScience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships