Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Many women are raised having not heard the phrase 'no' nearly as much as they should have. These types go through life getting what they want, when they want. Therefore, they reach a point where they EXPECT to get what they want, mearly because they exist. Its the entitlement concept.
Then there's the guys. They want control, cause they simply want to dominate everyone around them. I think it stems from the alpha male concept. At a young age, daddy told their son to 'kick a**, ask questions later' type stuff. Basically, if you want it, TAKE it. As opposed to earn it or to even take it withou stepping on heads puring the process.

I think there are kids of both genders that haven't heard "no", this isn't something confined to one gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,661 times
Isn't it all about how comfortable someone is in there own skin? If a woman, or man, has problems with self esteem, then every time there is a disagreement she or he will see it as an affront. This person needs to control, or else have his or her imaginary weakness exposed, or to put it another way, they have to be right because being seen being wrong would be unacceptable.
I would guess that the more educated the person is the less likely it would be for this insecurity to exist, but insecurity can happen for a lot of reasons.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Most would deny it but looking throughout a broad range of categories throughout the forums, it seems like large number of women have a problem with male opinion. Do women really want to control so much? Does a man not have a right to be selective anymore or have an opinion??

Example, i was on the fitness category reading a thread from a girl really upset how men found muscular women unattractive. it was so bazaar to me it almost felt like she was angry that men's perspective of attractiveness didn't coincide with hers. Like she wants to go into every mans mind and change it.

ive noticed similar behavior with my female roommates. they try to over control an environment and if something doesnt go their way they throw a weird indirect tantrum.

Another example has been even within this section, where a guy shares a view that may not always agree with traditional gender roles..or what he personally finds attractive or weird in women..suddenly you have a herd of women calling him stupid, a loser, pathetic,gay

Seriously, whats up? whats the problem? can women not live with men thinking and living differently from them? can women not handle rejection? This is your time shine. speak up , be objective, and be clear.
Funny, I had the same impression about men here on the forum, having a problem with women's opinions. The woman on the fitness forum is misguided, btw. Plenty of the men on this forum think muscular women are hot. Usually the bodybuilder guys. I don't know what thread that was, but you might let her know.

This is a non-issue. Some people are easygoing, and are unfazed by contrary opinions. Others aren't. It's not a gender issue.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
^^^^^

Ruth,

Most men do not find muscular women attractive and never will.

Some do but not most.

Maybe FIT women but not "muscular" women.

As a man, I only have a problem with peoples' opinions when I know they are LYING.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
^^^^^

Ruth,

Most men do not find muscular women attractive and never will.

Some do but not most.

Maybe FIT women but not "muscular" women.

As a man, I only have a problem with peoples' opinions when I know they are LYING.
Well, that's what I always thought, but that's not the impression anyone would get from the postings here on Relationships, and in the Fitness forum. I don't understand it, frankly, but there seems to be a trend toward preference for boy bodies on women, and muscular ones at that. Go figure. Maybe it's just a minor trend, a fitness subculture thing.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
I think a lot of the vitriol spewed forth by the types you describe OP are the result of being seriously burned in past relationships and not getting over it. Mommy and Daddy spent all that time putting sweet little princess on a pedestal and when she got out in the real world she came across some men that aren't down with constant adoration and worship and they'll never get over it.

Also, from what I've noticed, CD in general has a disproportionate amount of outspoken atheists than one would encounter in the RW. The crass, condescending remarks are plenty and predictable. A very angry, bitter crowd, indeed.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
I don't want to control everything, I want a 50/50 relationship

Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
From my past experience, honey you can dream. Seems one person in a relationship wear's the pants and the other follows.

"When you wish upon a staaaaar....."

Old 03-29-2013, 05:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Most would deny it but looking throughout a broad range of categories throughout the forums, it seems like large number of women have a problem with male opinion. Do women really want to control so much? Does a man not have a right to be selective anymore or have an opinion??

Example, i was on the fitness category reading a thread from a girl really upset how men found muscular women unattractive. it was so bazaar to me it almost felt like she was angry that men's perspective of attractiveness didn't coincide with hers. Like she wants to go into every mans mind and change it.

ive noticed similar behavior with my female roommates. they try to over control an environment and if something doesnt go their way they throw a weird indirect tantrum.

Another example has been even within this section, where a guy shares a view that may not always agree with traditional gender roles..or what he personally finds attractive or weird in women..suddenly you have a herd of women calling him stupid, a loser, pathetic,gay

Seriously, whats up? whats the problem? can women not live with men thinking and living differently from them? can women not handle rejection? This is your time shine. speak up , be objective, and be clear.
Last time I checked it was men throwing around the term 'white knight' and calling male virgins/dateless makes on here 'losers that can't get any,' etc. Some women did these things but it was mostly men. The problem is not that the men have opinions it's how they go about devaluing women that don't fit those opinions. They are always at the ready to say what their 'selections' are while bashing the ones that don't fit those criteria. They will not say they find 'muscular women unattractive' they will say 'muscular women look like men' or 'muscular women are probably dykes,' etc. Obviously no muscular woman would like those things said about her looks even if the guy doesn't find her attractive.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Ours is about a 60/40 relationship, but I'm not really sure if my Better Half has more "control," because I willingly give it to him.

He has better taste in just about everything, from home decorating to the best place to eat to cool places to vacation. I'd rather that he take the lead in our domestic life. I'm a writer. I am, by nature, mentally disorganized, lacking concern about relatively inconsequential matters, and I could really give a sh*t about where we go out to eat tonight.

Speaking of which, I'm outta here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships