Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times

Advertisements

I know there have been many threads about dating single parents but am curious if their marital status has an effect on whether you change your mind. This topic came up on another site about how many younger people have multiple kids with different partners and whether one would date them.

I have a strong anti parent stance I mention often but what I rarely mention is I would date a dad who was either a widower or a dad by choice (as in his adopted as a single dad). Yes these men would have baggage (and the widower might have too much baggage depending on his late wife)but to me it would be acceptable because the ex wasn't in the picture (and in the case of the dad by choice there never was a woman in the picture). I wouldn't date divorced dads but do not judge them because things happen. However I do judge the men who have multiple baby mamas and these are guys I wouldn't even want to talk to as I would think so lowly of them. I would be thinking that they are obviously not the marrying type and no way would I want to be the new baby mama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 02:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know there have been many threads about dating single parents but am curious if their marital status has an effect on whether you change your mind. This topic came up on another site about how many younger people have multiple kids with different partners and whether one would date them.

I have a strong anti parent stance I mention often but what I rarely mention is I would date a dad who was either a widower or a dad by choice (as in his adopted as a single dad). Yes these men would have baggage (and the widower might have too much baggage depending on his late wife)but to me it would be acceptable because the ex wasn't in the picture (and in the case of the dad by choice there never was a woman in the picture). I wouldn't date divorced dads but do not judge them because things happen. However I do judge the men who have multiple baby mamas and these are guys I wouldn't even want to talk to as I would think so lowly of them. I would be thinking that they are obviously not the marrying type and no way would I want to be the new baby mama.
So you would date a man who had a child but was now widowed?
Would you marry him?
Would you have a child with him?
Wouldn't that, then, make him a guy with multiple "baby mamas"?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So you would date a man who had a child but was now widowed?
Would you marry him?
Would you have a child with him?
Wouldn't that, then, make him a guy with multiple "baby mamas"?
By baby mamas I am talking men who had out of wedlock babies with several women. That is different than marrying a man who had kids in wedlock. I haven't encountered many widowed dads but I could see it happening depending on the baggage and all of that.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:02 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
By baby mamas I am talking men who had out of wedlock babies with several women. That is different than marrying a man who had kids in wedlock. I haven't encountered many widowed dads but I could see it happening depending on the baggage and all of that.
Ok.
You're free to date and marry whom you want.

Though I don't have any kids with any women, nor any divorces, I don't think I'm interested.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Okay then.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Yeah I fit your little criteria here too, and I don't have the slightest interest in you either. Thanks for sharing though.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Well I found someone but thanks for playing.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM

840 posts, read 1,121,449 times
Here we go again!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,368 times
Quote:
Well I found someone but thanks for playing.
riiiiight

Old 03-30-2013, 05:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
I would date a girl who had a kid who was widowed, but I wouldn't date a chick who was divorced with a kid. Too complicated for me. Don't want any of that baby daddy drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships